C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Major problem between US and Euro Vogtlands!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Angry Major problem between US and Euro Vogtlands!!

I was going to buy Vogtland springs for my C43.
http://www.vogtlandsuspension.com/p1...duct_info.html
same springs as above, I emailed a german seller of these springs and I told him I want Vogtland springs #952079 for my C43.

The answer I get from this dude, #952079 is not for C43?
WTF?
I told him they are sold in the US for C43 and linked the above site.
Dude still says not for C43!
WTF?
He doesn't wanna sell this kit to me coz it doesn't fit C43!
WTF???????????????????????
What to do?
I would have bought them cheap!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFu--!
Old 12-22-2010, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W203 C55 and SAAB 9-3 2.0T
Very strang indeed, get an auth retailer on the phone ask about the part number.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by austinholloman
Very strang indeed, get an auth retailer on the phone ask about the part number.
this dude was an authorised Vogtland dealer.
that schmuck said Vogtland kit #952079 is not for C43 AMG!
WTF?
What so special about Vogtland America and this ps number #952079?
Same # ps number should match on both continents Europe or North Amedica.

If these springs don't match for C43, then I will keep my car stock height and drop it with thinner springpads if that will help anything?
#1=5mm front and the same on rear 5mm pads.
stock euro c43's are much lower than stock US c43's.
which means I have a nice factory height, just about 10 - 15 mm needs to be shaved off the ride height to make it look more brutal
Old 12-22-2010, 03:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
W203 C55 and SAAB 9-3 2.0T
Why are you avoiding H&Rs? They treat me very well. I have #1's on all four and its toooo low. Im going to #2 front and #4 Rear in the spring time. I also have Bilstein shocks though. You don't want to leave your lowering springs on your car with stock shocks for very long(10k miles), they will eat your stock shocks and your car will be riding on just the springs and cause them to sag once you do upgrade the shocks.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by austinholloman
Why are you avoiding H&Rs? They treat me very well. I have #1's on all four and its toooo low. Im going to #2 front and #4 Rear in the spring time. I also have Bilstein shocks though. You don't want to leave your lowering springs on your car with stock shocks for very long(10k miles), they will eat your stock shocks and your car will be riding on just the springs and cause them to sag once you do upgrade the shocks.
yo brotha.
like a german once said when his car busted and broke down on the road in the middle of nowhere: scheize verdamt why does this always happen!
I don't have any lowering springs on my car, I use factory stock springs and they are helluva alot seksier than US factory supplied C43 springs, but they're just a tad tooooooooo high for my taste.

H&R's are not recommended by other forum members for their performance?
that's strange I guess pisssing on H&R rep not being good for a Merc?
therefore I decided to stay away from H&R tiefer federn.

I suppose that if I keep my stock suspension and only swap spring pad rubbers to thinnest versions this won't help at all?
is that so?

well about Vogtland they were diiiiiiiiiiiiiirt cheap to buy!
H&R are more costly and so are Eibach.

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 12-23-2010 at 03:57 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 porsche 996 turbo
Originally Posted by kowalski
yo brotha.
like a german once said when his car busted and broke down on the road in the middle of nowhere: scheize verdamt why does this always happen!
I don't have any lowering springs on my car, I use factory stock springs and they are helluva alot seksier than US factory supplied C43 springs, but they're just a tad tooooooooo high for my taste.

H&R's are not recommended by other forum members for their performance?
that's strange I guess pisssing on H&R rep not being good for a Merc?
therefore I decided to stay away from H&R tiefer federn.

I suppose that if I keep my stock suspension and only swap spring pad rubbers to thinnest versions this won't help at all?
is that so?

well about Vogtland they were diiiiiiiiiiiiiirt cheap to buy!
H&R are more costly and so are Eibach.

changing pads should yield about 4mm per pad# going from #5 to #1 should dropn a car approx 16mm. maybe search b&g springs. i have them on my 32 and they are a prigressive wound spring
you might try reemailing that dealer and just say you want the springs and not tell him what car they are going on
Old 12-23-2010, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 256 Likes on 216 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Going too low in the pads may get you some problems when you want to get some decent alignment done. Check the threads on here. I believe either Saaboteur or 503C43 talked about this not too long ago....

Trending Topics

Old 12-23-2010, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
Going too low in the pads may get you some problems when you want to get some decent alignment done. Check the threads on here. I believe either Saaboteur or 503C43 talked about this not too long ago....
SAAB did, he had to go to a larger pad in the front to get his camber correct. I think it might of been a #5 he had to go to....
Old 12-23-2010, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Kowalski! Wake up man, its day time in Europe!
Go read post 95 and after on Saaboteur's thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c36-amg-c...n-paint-4.html
Old 12-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Banned

Kowalski! Wake up man, its day time in Europe!
Go read post 95 and after on Saaboteur's thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c36-amg-c...n-paint-4.html
Hey gramps, whazzzzzzzz up!
Wo ist mein Kinder ägg?
Just kiddin' man.

if there are problems using #1=5mm pads/front aksel when doing alignment, why are they supplied from the stealership then?
are they just only for a rainy day temporary use?

Using #1=5mm pads front and rear does it mean problems when doing alignment?
Then it must be easier to do the alignment with thicker pads begining with the pad next in line which is standard factory supplied on our cars #2=9mm?

Are there any benefits buying adjustable camber arms for a factory stock height car?
Can I align my car with these cambah arms to remove dat annoying innertread wear which is common on our cars?

Hoe hoe hoe merry christmas to all you happy AMG owners.

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 12-23-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Gramps is still awake and sleeps with one eye always open

I prefer to have a car which handles well and goes round corners faster than the others. Alignment, tracking, geometry setting, etc. are very important factors and good adjustments made by people who know what they are doing make you feel comfortable and more important in control at all times behind the wheel

Last edited by DRBC43AMG; 12-23-2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Completed post
Old 12-23-2010, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
Well, the pads are designed for you to adjust ride height. The shop I used for the initial alignment - staffed by ex-dealership techs who were pissed off with the new ownership - told me that he needed just a bit more front ride height to get the alignment to where he wanted. Could that be duplicated with lower ride height? I dunno. Probably could get it close. But maybe it was just that tech who had a certain mindset on alignment.

For me, this car is a daily driver, lots of winter use. So I don't want it too low and want the tires to last. Handling isn't a huge concern for me as the car's strength is in the straights. I just took the tech's recommendation to maximize tire wear. I don't think there are rear tire wear issues related to excessive camber with stock ride height, I think that issue arises when you lower the car and can't dial out the negative camber which arises.

I originally investigated Euro spec springs, but the cost was quite a bit more than the Vogtlands. I just wanted to eliminate the fender gap, yet have a comfortable ride combined with tire longevity. I think the mods I've done have accomplished that goal.

I think for Kowalski, if you're pretty happy with your ride height but want it a tad lower, then investigate thinner spring pads. With the right tools, the install is maybe a couple hours for all four. Drive it around for a bit and let the springs settle, see how you like the look.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Banned

Gramps is still awake and sleeps with one eye always open

I prefer to have a car which handles well and goes round corners faster than the others. Alignment, tracking, geometry setting, etc. are very important factors and good adjustments made by people who know what they are doing make you feel comfortable and more important in control at all times behind the wheel
Try to sleep with both ajs open.
I know a certain cartoon character used to sleep with one eye open, he was using his 6-shooter to hunt down the Dalton brothers.

I envy you, you have a better car than me.

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
Well, the pads are designed for you to adjust ride height. The shop I used for the initial alignment - staffed by ex-dealership techs who were pissed off with the new ownership - told me that he needed just a bit more front ride height to get the alignment to where he wanted. Could that be duplicated with lower ride height? I dunno. Probably could get it close. But maybe it was just that tech who had a certain mindset on alignment.

For me, this car is a daily driver, lots of winter use. So I don't want it too low and want the tires to last. Handling isn't a huge concern for me as the car's strength is in the straights. I just took the tech's recommendation to maximize tire wear. I don't think there are rear tire wear issues related to excessive camber with stock ride height, I think that issue arises when you lower the car and can't dial out the negative camber which arises.

I originally investigated Euro spec springs, but the cost was quite a bit more than the Vogtlands. I just wanted to eliminate the fender gap, yet have a comfortable ride combined with tire longevity. I think the mods I've done have accomplished that goal.

I think for Kowalski, if you're pretty happy with your ride height but want it a tad lower, then investigate thinner spring pads. With the right tools, the install is maybe a couple hours for all four. Drive it around for a bit and let the springs settle, see how you like the look.
yup my car is still pritty cool for it's standard ride height.
since that bugger who didn't wanna sell me those Vogtlands biicoz they are not suitable for C43, I have decided to stick with stock rideheight and try out with the thinnest pads available, so it's on trial basis to determine if I can get a proper alignment?
Next year is time for new shoes for my C43, therefore I need to make the alignment b4 I put the new rubbers on my car.
I will put new suspension parts like upper and lower control arms and the other suspension parts like balljoints and other stuff.
After dat is time for the alignment.

Anyone knows anything about adjustable camber arms, can ya chime in?
Are there any improvement with stock suspension to eliminate inner treadwear on all corners after instaling these adjustable camber arms?
Cheers

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 12-23-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
eclectic assortment of cars
Hmm, I would do all your suspension work, get the new tires, then do the alignment.

The adjustable rear camber arms will allow you to dial in the camber to whatever spec you want. If you are experiencing excessive rear tire wear on the inner part of the tire with stock suspension pieces and no lowering, then I'd suggest your alignment may be out. The inner tire wear comes about because of lowering and inability to compensate for the resulting increased negative camber.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Saaboteur
Hmm, I would do all your suspension work, get the new tires, then do the alignment.

The adjustable rear camber arms will allow you to dial in the camber to whatever spec you want. If you are experiencing excessive rear tire wear on the inner part of the tire with stock suspension pieces and no lowering, then I'd suggest your alignment may be out. The inner tire wear comes about because of lowering and inability to compensate for the resulting increased negative camber.
I never made a new alignment when I changed my rims from 17 to 18 inch wheels.
My car tracks straight when I let go of the steering wheel or when I brake, my car stays straight all the time, no prob with this.

my tires on rear axle are now slicks all worn out and so are almost the fronts , I let my car sleep during winter on these tires b4 I get my self new tires.
I was rearended by a junkie from the middle east, A--hole was on a rampage streak 6 years ago driving DOI do you think if a car was rearended it will be more difficult to align correct?

Are you saying it's better to put new shoes on the car and then do the alignment?
Driving the car with new shoes and not have the alignment done will give more wear to new tires??

My rear tires are more worn on the middle/inner section than my fronts which also are bad but better than rear tires.
My car has covered less than 100.000 km

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 12-23-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Like SAAB said it would be better to install everything INCLUDING the new tires then do the alignment.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Banned

i would do all suspension first, then do the align and after that I will shoe my horse, I don't wanna cause any unnecessary treadwear to my new tires b4 doing the alignment.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i would do all suspension first, then do the align and after that I will shoe my horse, I don't wanna cause any unnecessary treadwear to my new tires b4 doing the alignment.
You might lose your alignment if you align before you put new tires on...
Old 12-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
You might lose your alignment if you align before you put new tires on...
you say I get funky alignment coz missing tiretread?
car sits on rubber ground now, and ground is flat.
I honestly thought it would have been better to change the tires after I did the alignment, I guess I was vrong.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Banned

Question

anyone interested to help out a fellow C43 brother?

I emailed Vogtland US division and asked them about why # 952079 Vogtland springs are supplied for C43 AMG in the US and why they are not suitable for C43 in Europe?
I get NO answer about this question!
I was thinking if someone on this forum can send the US Vogtland company an email and ask what's the difference between US/EURO springs supplied on both continents?
And why they are not recommended for C43 in Europe?

With the correct answer I can make a ghost purchase from this seller who declined and told me #952079 is not suitable for C43.

I appreciate the help.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
I was going to buy Vogtland springs for my C43.
http://www.vogtlandsuspension.com/p1...duct_info.html
same springs as above, I emailed a german seller of these springs and I told him I want Vogtland springs #952079 for my C43.

The answer I get from this dude, #952079 is not for C43?
WTF?
I told him they are sold in the US for C43 and linked the above site.
Dude still says not for C43!
WTF?
He doesn't wanna sell this kit to me coz it doesn't fit C43!
WTF???????????????????????
What to do?
I would have bought them cheap!
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFu--!
so are we gonna make some phone calls or what? that sounds really weird though! doesn't make sense.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by michael kuzni
so are we gonna make some phone calls or what? that sounds really weird though! doesn't make sense.
it's cheaper to email nowadays than to use the phone.
maybe this company doesn't reply to non US citizens?
Well I'd be happy if someone would help me out with an email, calling might be to much I dunno know?
Thanks
Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by michael kuzni

I emailed this seller on german Ebay and he told me these springs are NO good for C43 AMG, they are not suitable for C43 AMG???
Strange!
I told him the 952079 spring kit is for C43 in the US, seller couldn't give me an honest answer about this!
ONLY says NOT FÜR C43 AMG!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Vogtland-Spor...item45fc888b4a

Does anyone know about spring rate KG (kilograms) loadindex für original AMG springs?
VOGTLAND front springs handles 970KG each.
Rears handle 1150KG each.

Is the above load index enuff for C43?

I am going to get Koni chicken yellow shox with adjustable stiffness.

Btw.
Mr. Kuzni, my honey looks like yours in the picture, maybe they are twin sisters?
Old 09-06-2011, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31, 2014 GMC Sierra (6.2)
A while back when I was looking for springs for my C32 I emailed Vogltand Germany and asked if the regular 6cyl w203 spings would work. They said yes but mentioned that there would be no lowering as the C32 already sits lower than the regular C class. While this may be true in Europe this was not the case here and they actually dropped my car about 1 to 1.5". So, as you can see, what may be true over there may not be correct in the North American market...
Old 09-06-2011, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
G350 Bluetec
Enuf already

Btw.
Mr. Kuzni, my honey looks like yours in the picture, maybe they are twin sisters?
Only good thing about this thread are the babes in blue.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Major problem between US and Euro Vogtlands!!