C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

C63 and my little ol' Harley...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 C43 AMG
C63 and my little ol' Harley...

First off I'm not knocking the C63 - I would love to have one! But I love my C43 too much I think....anyhow: I'm cruising down the highway on my Harley today - sometimes gotta go two wheels ya know - and this C63 is all over my ***, nowhere to go as it's only two lanes. Well it opens up to a left turn lane that is two lanes wide and then closes to one lane again. This dude is revving it all up and I know this turn well - the 43 has a really hard time from a dead stop to full on without major traction loss and the traction control lights up like a christmas tree in my car on this turn. I know I can slam the bike over in this turn and just stick so I go when the light goes green and blow this dude away up to about 70 before he really go traction. He was almost sideways on the turn. Now the best part is at a two lane stop he rolls his window down expecting me or him to be all nasty - instead I compliment the sweet ride and tell him he should be blowing my bike apart in that car - he said he just got it and is having a hard time keeping the power to the ground. Anyow, one of the few times I'll ever be on a Harley and beat a C63 Keep in mind I raced professionally for about 4 years in motocross so I know how to handle the bike and shift quickly - but still! OH and he did apologize for riding my *** on the highway before....

Last edited by Steve155; 02-13-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: add
Old 02-14-2011, 11:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by Steve155
First off I'm not knocking the C63 - I would love to have one! But I love my C43 too much I think....anyhow: I'm cruising down the highway on my Harley today - sometimes gotta go two wheels ya know - and this C63 is all over my ***, nowhere to go as it's only two lanes. Well it opens up to a left turn lane that is two lanes wide and then closes to one lane again. This dude is revving it all up and I know this turn well - the 43 has a really hard time from a dead stop to full on without major traction loss and the traction control lights up like a christmas tree in my car on this turn. I know I can slam the bike over in this turn and just stick so I go when the light goes green and blow this dude away up to about 70 before he really go traction. He was almost sideways on the turn. Now the best part is at a two lane stop he rolls his window down expecting me or him to be all nasty - instead I compliment the sweet ride and tell him he should be blowing my bike apart in that car - he said he just got it and is having a hard time keeping the power to the ground. Anyow, one of the few times I'll ever be on a Harley and beat a C63 Keep in mind I raced professionally for about 4 years in motocross so I know how to handle the bike and shift quickly - but still! OH and he did apologize for riding my *** on the highway before....
haha nice. I gotta admit with the Traction completely off the 63 is very hard to get traction.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 C43 AMG
I can imagine! The 43 is nowhere near the 63 for power and it breaks loose quite a bit. I know how fast the 63 is - this was the one spot i could get away with one if you will! He was totally cool and it was fun actually we were both laughing about it! Love your car btw! Did you end selling your 43 - I think you said you were in school and needed to move one of your cars?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2014 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by Steve155
I can imagine! The 43 is nowhere near the 63 for power and it breaks loose quite a bit. I know how fast the 63 is - this was the one spot i could get away with one if you will! He was totally cool and it was fun actually we were both laughing about it! Love your car btw! Did you end selling your 43 - I think you said you were in school and needed to move one of your cars?
No i actually decided to keep it than but yesterday I decided to put it back on the market, its so hard to get rid of it, i have had so much fun and its such a blast. But finally made up my mind and put it back F/S