C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Help with some CEL codes...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 02:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500hp+ IS300
Help with some CEL codes...

So I recently bought a 97 black C36, loving every bit of it. It is going to make a nice daily driver, finally my 500hp IS300 can have a rest.

Anyways its got a 170k miles, just did a complete service/tune up. Cats were clogged and leaking so I had them removed and just had a straight pipe welded in. For the downstream o2 sensor I used the spark plug anti fouler trick and it seems to be working. Besides the fact that both of my o2 sensors are pulling the hear circuit malfunction. P0135, P0141.

I swapped the downstream o2 sensor with a known good working Denso o2 sensor, and still the same code. Any ideas with this? I really doubt the heater circuits are bad on both o2 Sensors, the wiring looks great on both of them, not sure how it looks inside the car.

Another code I had was P1525, which is the cam timing solenoid, so I pulled the plug off to clean the connector (it looked nasty) and the plug crumbled in my hand, awesome. Anyways I cleaned the connector and the prongs still fit tightly on the solenoid, it seems to have done something, the car pulls much stronger up top now. Haven't checked yet, but hopefully that code is gone.

The other 3 codes are P1453, which is air relay module, P1420, which is air pump switch over valve, and P0443, which is EVAP system purge control valve circuit malfunction. These three I am a little stumped on, anyone know where the air relay module is located? or the air pump switchover valve? Maybe I can clean it and hope for the best? Haha

Any help or input on this is greatly appreciated.