C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

My C36 had a good week!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 07:58 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
My C36 had a good week!

You ready for this, it all started last week when I finally gave up w/ a rough idle issue on my 500e and took it into my local Mercedes dealership for a real diagnosis. They said my fuel pumps were bad, I was optimistic but replaced them still experiencing the same issue after. New pumps had some effect. I called my svc rep to let her know it was wrongfully diagnosed, so she said bring it back in on the house. This whole time they have been giving me a C300 loaner car w/ expired safety inspection stickers! I always seem to notice when I am too far away from the dealership and take my chances. The second time it came to bite me, I got pulled over by a State trooper in my area that was very cool about the situation and laughed that they would put me in this predicament. The next day my car was ready, I failed to mention about getting pulled over when picking my car up. The following day I got a call from Mercedes inquiring about my visit, I said my svc rep is great but told him about getting pulled over by the Trooper, he was speechless and little did I know this was the head manager for Mercedes. He said what can we do for you to my surprise!! I had a second or two to think as he was waiting for a response so I told him all the bulbs in my C36 cluster need replacing, he said no problem its on the house. Drop it off this morning get my loaner and am on my way, 5pm get call stating my car is ready. I am waiting for my car in the bay while it is being cleaned, soon after I see that sexy thing pull through the opening doors and as it rolls by my antenna is dangling from the back. They forgot to drop it before washing the car! Brand new Hirschmann antenna courtesy of Mercedes. C36 did pretty well this week and owes it all to my 124.

Last edited by RPB; 05-20-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:30 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
this only happens in America!
you just gotta love real and genuine customer service from the dealership.
way to go man!
Old 05-21-2011, 08:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Gotta love the new stuff but you should have picked something better than the cluster bulbs. I can change them out in 10 minutes or less now using 2 pens and 2 pieces of coat hanger.

I would of had them change out the gear recognition switch as that is a pain in the *** and you will definitely need one in the future.

Either way good score, I guess sometimes it pays to take your car to the dealership
Old 05-21-2011, 09:02 AM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
Gotta love the new stuff but you should have picked something better than the cluster bulbs. I can change them out in 10 minutes or less now using 2 pens and 2 pieces of coat hanger.

I would of had them change out the gear recognition switch as that is a pain in the *** and you will definitely need one in the future.

Either way good score, I guess sometimes it pays to take your car to the dealership
I could not push it and he started off by offering a free tank of gas... The tech put down 1.5 hr labor rate @ $190 + bulbs and $165 for new antenna, so I did not do too bad.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Originally Posted by RPB
I could not push it and he started off by offering a free tank of gas... The tech put down 1.5 hr labor rate @ $190 + bulbs and $165 for new antenna, so I did not do too bad.

ANYTHING from MB for free is good I can assure you it doesn't take 1.5 hours to replace the bulbs in the cluster ESPECIALLY since they have the actual tools made to do it....

They sell those bulbs for $8 a piece at the dealership by my house. I got them for $.95 a piece from autohausaz.com, EXACT same bulb as the stock bulbs