C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

JUST BOUGHT A C43!! I do have a couple issues though

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G550, 09 Audi R8, 01 E55 AMG
JUST BOUGHT A C43!! I do have a couple issues though

Hey guys....first post and first benz...i come from the BMW world and just bought this C43.....it has 135k on it and is 99....there are a couple issues with it and i would like some input....the radio is not working for some reason but i was told from the owner that it happened as soon as he changed the battery last week. Also, the windshield wiper is not working (it gets stuck in one position) but it is not due to the motor as the motor was replaced before...he said it might have something to do with the windshield wiper transmission?? i have no idea.....any input on these issues?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
C63 AMG P30 *EuroCharged*| Porsche Cayenne | Buell XB9SX
Maybe you have to enter the security code for the radio?
Old 04-14-2012, 02:32 PM

1995 C36 AMG, 1998 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by AwalBenz
Hey guys....first post and first benz...i come from the BMW world and just bought this C43.....it has 135k on it and is 99....there are a couple issues with it and i would like some input....the radio is not working for some reason but i was told from the owner that it happened as soon as he changed the battery last week. Also, the windshield wiper is not working (it gets stuck in one position) but it is not due to the motor as the motor was replaced before...he said it might have something to do with the windshield wiper transmission?? i have no idea.....any input on these issues?
Indeed, the radio requires a security code, and will prompt you for the code whenever power is interrupted to it. If the old owner doesn't have the code, I believe there are ways your dealer can get the code for you if it's the original radio.

The wiper sounds like it could need to be greased. At least that's the quickest and cheapest thing to try first. It's a 5 minute fix with a can of White Lightning. There's a great search function on this site and if you search for stuck wiper or wiper lubrication you should be able to find a bunch of threads telling you how to lube it and further diagnose it if that doesn't work.

Welcome and enjoy your C43!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:22 AM

2013 G550, 09 Audi R8, 01 E55 AMG
thanks guys...it works!