C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Whats the best spring pad shims on 17 inch rims when lowered??????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 12:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1998 C43 Amg
Whats the best spring pad shims on 17 inch rims when lowered??????

I wanted to know whats the best spring pads shims to get with a drop (in) is 1.4 with the vogtland sport springs and the bilstien sport springs. The car isn't rubbing or anything but, its harsh over bumps and potholes on the stock shims. I also live in the city. I just thought if I change the shims it will make a difference because I wasn't expecting the car to drop a lot like it died. Theres barley no finger gap in the back its tucked in lol. In the front I can put one finger.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 C36 AMG, 1998 C43 AMG
If the car isn't rubbing at all (over bumps, around corners, etc) then changing the shim won't help the ride. Maybe it'd be slightly softer as there would be a tad more rubber to absorb vibrations or something, and a brand new part to replaced the old worn out one can't hurt, but realistically it won't improve it.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:42 AM
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by vlad957
I wanted to know whats the best spring pads shims to get with a drop (in) is 1.4 with the vogtland sport springs and the bilstien sport springs. The car isn't rubbing or anything but, its harsh over bumps and potholes on the stock shims. I also live in the city. I just thought if I change the shims it will make a difference because I wasn't expecting the car to drop a lot like it died. Theres barley no finger gap in the back its tucked in lol. In the front I can put one finger.
show us some smutty pictures of your drop.
then we can decide if it looks good or not.

use #5/#4 springpad combo, see what happens?
I hope I get a nice raked stance with this pad combo?