C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

NEW MEMBER 1999 C43 AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 Mercedes Benz C43
Originally Posted by DRBC43AMG
Looking at all the photos, I get the impression that whoever was the previous(s) owner(s) was (were) gorilla(s). You certainly have some serious work in the cosmetic area to get her up to an acceptable standard. I hope you have the stamina and a cash pile. I hope the mechanical side is ok or just service parts needed and you don't find some unpleasant surprises.

If you are going to do a lot of work on your own, it may be a good investment to get the chassis and engine steam and pressure cleaned. That way you will be able to see the hidden parts and in what condition they are. I get my cars done at the end of every winter, except for "T Rex" which never runs in salty road conditions and gets her underside and engine bay pressure washed every two years.

What's the PANIC button on your key fob? We don't have that option on Euro spec vehicles, at least I've never seen one.
----

The panic button was on the "original" fob too, don't know what the car came with when new. I pressed once and the alarm goes off. I will press it again when I see a C43 with spinners.

I had the car inspected and pressure tested well (all pistons tested the same at 145 ?), also the engine bay is extremely clean, dry. There is some sweating coming from the transmission gasket. The mechanic that inspected it suggested trans service at $450 total. with a tune up for $900 not including ignition wires (I mentioned I wanted to change those probably.

you're right I should be thinking 10k but I just want to put 5k the first 6 months. As to the paint job that would be last, I don't really care about the "patina" for now, there are brand new M3s and other beauties parked next to me and nobody notice it all my co-workers are really impressed by the purchase and especially when they get in the car, it looks brand new except for the few things I can see.
The interior looks better "live" than in the snap shots I took.

I need to get the door panels off can anybody point me the right direction?

Thanks!

V
Old 08-26-2013, 06:21 PM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
99 c43,90 mustang gt supercharged convertible,07 acura tl type s, Hummer H3t pickup
Good luck with the extensive repair/resto on the 43.Be patient and just do the mechanicals first to get it in tip top shape.There are many 43's out there to be patient enough to find one in better shape.But im not you.I commend you trying to save one.Your pockets must be deep my friend
Old 08-26-2013, 11:04 PM

1999 Mercedes Benz C43
Originally Posted by 99CEEFOURTHREE
Good luck with the extensive repair/resto on the 43.Be patient and just do the mechanicals first to get it in tip top shape.There are many 43's out there to be patient enough to find one in better shape.But im not you.I commend you trying to save one.Your pockets must be deep my friend
My pockets are not deep, I DON'T HAVE BILLS. I just want to enjoy my beast
Old 08-27-2013, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
1999 C43, 2008 P30 E63, 2014 SQ5, 2024 Model Y Performance
Originally Posted by venturaexit
----

The panic button was on the "original" fob too, don't know what the car came with when new. I pressed once and the alarm goes off. I will press it again when I see a C43 with spinners.

I had the car inspected and pressure tested well (all pistons tested the same at 145 ?), also the engine bay is extremely clean, dry. There is some sweating coming from the transmission gasket. The mechanic that inspected it suggested trans service at $450 total. with a tune up for $900 not including ignition wires (I mentioned I wanted to change those probably.

you're right I should be thinking 10k but I just want to put 5k the first 6 months. As to the paint job that would be last, I don't really care about the "patina" for now, there are brand new M3s and other beauties parked next to me and nobody notice it all my co-workers are really impressed by the purchase and especially when they get in the car, it looks brand new except for the few things I can see.
The interior looks better "live" than in the snap shots I took.

I need to get the door panels off can anybody point me the right direction?

Thanks!

V

check out this thread, it should help your DIY projects

https://mbworld.org/forums/c36-amg-c...deos-w202.html
Old 08-27-2013, 09:51 PM

1999 Mercedes Benz C43
Originally Posted by 503C43 ////AMG
check out this thread, it should help your DIY projects

https://mbworld.org/forums/c36-amg-c...deos-w202.html

Thanks so much, I had grabbed that link before without results... this time I waited until all the video played until that one showed up. THANK YOU

Any chance you can tell what tools I may be missing?
Attached Thumbnails NEW MEMBER 1999 C43 AMG-tool-kit-spare-tire-area.jpg  
Old 08-27-2013, 09:54 PM

1999 Mercedes Benz C43
btw is there a way to contribute to this site? or it's free?