C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Help locating vacuum line!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 09:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C43 AMG
Help locating vacuum line!

Here is what happened, I fixed my EGR valve problem, cleaned off the tube, the valve itself and put everything back in place, but I notice that there was a vacuum line hanging that runs from the RT side from the fender (Opposite where the Fuse box is) and that has more vacuum lines & connector going into the car. Now my A/C Center Vent stopped working, i got it stuck at windshield and side vents. I have read that a cause is a vacuum line that came loose, which I think is the one that runs across the firewall back of the engine which is the one I'm talking about. So what I need to do is to locate the connection to where to connect the vacuum line that is hanging, to which my knowledge I've read & I heard is the cause of why the A/C Climate Control center vents do not work. Since my C43 AMG is vacuum pumped unlike the C230 Dial knobs, I cant rel on my C230. So if any of you have pictures of the back where is connects to, I would be gratly appreciated. The reason I ask is cause I checked my C230K and i don't think it has the same vacuum lines coming and going as the C43 Automatic Climate Control air control system. So Please kindly sirs that can take me a pic that would help greatly.
Old 11-07-2013, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 C36 AMG, 1998 C43 AMG
It plugs in by the throttle. If you remove the air box you should be able to find it pretty easily
Old 11-08-2013, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by nd4spd13
It plugs in by the throttle. If you remove the air box you should be able to find it pretty easily
Thank you man. I fixed it. I connected the lines incorrectly so now I double checked and now I can say its good now. Much appreciated. That was the vacuum line that connected to the left of the throttle (right side when facing the car)