Rear Dome Light Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 11:46 AM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Rear Dome Light Problem

Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone w/ a C36 could chime in, I believe it was switched on the C43's. I was replacing my rear dome light and when I opened the bracket a plastic piece broke off. I put the new bulb in, but none of my interior lights work. This light looks to be the ground for the interior lights, but I am looking for the replacement housing and they all look different from mine!?

I have 4 prongs that come out of my housing and the ones I have seen have two. Two cables plug into the prongs that are on the right side of the housing, but cannot figure out what the other two are for. Not too sure if a cable pulled back under the headliner when I removed the housing. I was hoping someone could check theirs and confirm back if there is a cable that plugs into every prong??

Thanks!!

Last edited by RPB; 12-07-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c36 amg
hello i have a 95' c36 none of my interior lights are working either and its not the fuse you think you can help me w quick directions on locating the ground
Old 12-13-2013, 07:11 PM
RPB

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mgraziosi001
hello i have a 95' c36 none of my interior lights are working either and its not the fuse you think you can help me w quick directions on locating the ground
In my case its the rear dome light that causes this and it seems to be the ground for all the interior lights. I just got the replacement housing and the problem persists. Our rear dome has four prongs that stick out and two of them plug into connectors and the other look to be the ground, but I believe after 95' they switched to a two prong unit.

When I plug in the two cables, if one of the other prongs touches the metal surround when I am inserting the light all the interior lights flicker but when its fully inserted none of the lights work. Try to see if this happens with yours and it will be a good indication of what might be going on. I was able to find a position where it hits the metal, but is not fully inserted and illuminates the front lights, so I have at least something working for the mean time. When I take it in for my next oil change I will make sure to ask the tech and promise to let you know whats going on if it might be of any help to you.

Have your interior lights never worked or did you do something that made this happen?

Last edited by RPB; 12-13-2013 at 07:37 PM.