C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Help Diy or PDF how to install front eccentric bolts on c43 on your own??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 11:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1998 C43 Amg
Help Diy or PDF how to install front eccentric bolts on c43 on your own??

Hello everyone, I took my car to the shop today and wanted to get the front MB eccentric bolts installed and rear mb arts adjustable camber arms. The shop told me that it will cost a $1000 to do the work and do a front and rear aligment. Does anyone by any chance have a installation guide to installing the front eccentric bolts? The rear is pretty easy you just have to change the camber arm bar and install the adjustable one. The car is lowered on bilstein sports and vogtland springs. With stock spring pads.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1998 C43 Amg
This would save me a lot of money and then I can do a full alignment when I have the parts installed.
Old 02-07-2014, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C36
Are you sure the front are eccentric? The OEM MB bolts are called repair bolts and moves the bolts+/- .5 degrees and it is all or nothing kind of deal. The OEM bolt is centered and the repair kit moves it to one of the two sides.

For what it is worth you do have to compress the springs to swap the bolts and while the rear arms is mainly busy work it does take some time. $1K is a bit steep but not completely crazy with Bay Area labor rates and including an alignment.