C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

In Limbo!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 01:09 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2006 E55 AMG/1996 C36 AMG/1999 C43/55 AMG
Originally Posted by Sulaco
Also, ask the friend what his shop charges for the frame pulling. My father in law runs a body shop and says it's surprisingly cheap. It's not some space age technology. They use chains hooks and pulleys and yank on things until it's right. I was in a worse accident in mine in the exact same area, with more damage and it was $4800USD out the door. However, that was with a really bad aftermarket bumper and they overpaid on several parts ($230 for a used fender????)
Thanks Sulaco,

I will call a few places today and get an estimate. I know that the shop that my friend manages has the latest frame straightening technology and the unit that they unit that they have is only a year old. Regardless, I will get at least a half dozen estimates.

Cheers
Old 03-30-2014, 12:51 PM

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2004 E55
Do you have an update on this?
Old 03-31-2014, 02:41 AM

Originally Posted by eFifty5AMG
Do you have an update on this?
Insurance company is stalling and they have not reached a decision. I am calling first thing Monday morning to find out what the hell is taking them so long to decide. I'll post an update tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers!
Old 03-31-2014, 03:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 349 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
Insurance playing, ohhh., usual boring daaamn habit..,

they like people to be patience, what the hell about them....!!!<>!!!

ZAYED,,
Old 04-01-2014, 12:46 AM

Spoke with the adjuster today after waiting nearly a month for him to contact me. He completely forgot to speak to his supervisor and my claim was basically forgotten about. You wonder why the general public despises auto insurance companies. The majority of adjusters are complete idiots. No wonder they are slowly phasing them out. He had better get back to me tomorrow or I will be going over his head and contacting his supervisor myself. Stay tuned!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 384 Likes on 349 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
I believe his MAF need to be cleaned.., don't forget to bring MAF cleaner with you,

if he refuse to be cleaned, then twist him and wrapped him with plastidip...

ZAYED,,
Old 04-01-2014, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by cm60k
I believe his MAF need to be cleaned.., don't forget to bring MAF cleaner with you,

if he refuse to be cleaned, then twist him and wrapped him with plastidip...

ZAYED,,
You're probably right!
Old 04-10-2014, 07:55 PM

Great news!!!!

After numerous, lengthy discussions over the past few weeks with ICBC (Insurance Corporation of British Columbia), they have decided to fix my C43. They had nothing to go by in their system because of the rarity of C43's in CANADA. They decided to call two Mercedes dealers and get a value estimate from each. The condition, mileage and rarity were the main factors considered as well as the added parts. They valued the car at approx. 20K CAD and ultimately, the dealer's were responsible for saving the car. A car is only worth as much as someone would pay for it and I am not implying in any way, that is what my car would fetch. I have to say that my opinion of dealer's has significantly changed.

Old 04-10-2014, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
Great news! I bought my car from the dealer and I paid an amount significantly over book value, almost 2x. I only went along with it because they offered a limited warranty that I've cashed out on with various repairs. I'm scrapping with them over the check oil light that seems to magically appear even after topping off. I'm considering getting a compression test done since they claim there are no visible oil leaks and I'm 1 quart low after about 1000 miles.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by mickey13
Great news! I bought my car from the dealer and I paid an amount significantly over book value, almost 2x. I only went along with it because they offered a limited warranty that I've cashed out on with various repairs. I'm scrapping with them over the check oil light that seems to magically appear even after topping off. I'm considering getting a compression test done since they claim there are no visible oil leaks and I'm 1 quart low after about 1000 miles.
That is good that you were able to attain a warranty with your purchase. Do you mind me asking what price range they had your C43 priced at? I'm curious!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
close to $11k usd without tax. completely stock aside from tinted windows. the liner on the sunshade was falling down, I have a crack in the wood trim across the dashboard and the drivers side wood trim needs to be replaced. There also seems to be a problem with the car accepting gas at certain pumps (they refuse to acknowledge this problem). Body is pristine aside from a very non-noticeable minor dent on a lower panel. Paint is shiny all over but I've chipped the front bumper from some highway debris and a run in with a snowplow. Rims were refinished with just a very slight hardly noticeable chip on 1. All of the rubber and gaskets on the car are fairly new. Tires were new. under the hood was pristine. engine cover is fairly new and has the star.

Repairs I've gotten out of them (considering they initially tried to deny I had any warranty at all) - duh! only reason I bought the car at that price...

New sunshade liner (they did a lousy job on it)
New trunk latch and replacement of the trunk vacuum line
Fixed electrical gremlin that wiped out half of my dashboard, radio and heater lamps
Drain and refill transmission oil
Replace Oil Cooler, gaskets, drain and refill coolant edit: they had to replace the belts because oil leaked all over them
Repair the inflatable seats (big one took them nearly 2 weeks)
I can't think of anything else but there might be more... During all the repairs, I've had a loaner c300 and once i had one of those crappy GLKs, so essentially I had a good deal but I'm going to push the oil issue. They claim that a quart per 1000 miles is normal but I suspect that a seal went because I drove it 3000 miles without the light coming on and then it flashed. I had an oil consumption test done and a huge leak emerged out of the cooler. They repaired it and 300 miles later it flashed again, I took it in they said it needed to be topped off, but 100 miles later it flashed. So... I think it might be an internal issue with the pressure or seal and of course they don't want to look at it because if it is, that'd mean they'd have to ship the engine back to AMG for repair. LOL I emailed the service adviser a picture of the oil light on again (@ maybe 5 on the RPM dial) 2 days ago and he hasn't responded. I told him to talk to the tech and figure it out before I go back in. i don't mean to be a pain in the rear, but I paid well over book and they aren't going to stick it to me on this deal.

Last edited by mickey13; 04-10-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by mickey13
close to $11k usd without tax. completely stock aside from tinted windows. the liner on the sunshade was falling down, I have a crack in the wood trim across the dashboard and the drivers side wood trim needs to be replaced. There also seems to be a problem with the car accepting gas at certain pumps (they refuse to acknowledge this problem). Body is pristine aside from a very non-noticeable minor dent on a lower panel. Paint is shiny all over but I've chipped the front bumper from some highway debris and a run in with a snowplow. Rims were refinished with just a very slight hardly noticeable chip on 1. All of the rubber and gaskets on the car are fairly new. Tires were new. under the hood was pristine. engine cover is fairly new and has the star.

Repairs I've gotten out of them (considering they initially tried to deny I had any warranty at all) - duh! only reason I bought the car at that price...

New sunshade liner (they did a lousy job on it)
New trunk latch and replacement of the trunk vacuum line
Fixed electrical gremlin that wiped out half of my dashboard, radio and heater lamps
Drain and refill transmission oil
Replace Oil Cooler, gaskets, drain and refill coolant edit: they had to replace the belts because oil leaked all over them
Repair the inflatable seats (big one took them nearly 2 weeks)
I can't think of anything else but there might be more... During all the repairs, I've had a loaner c300 and once i had one of those crappy GLKs, so essentially I had a good deal but I'm going to push the oil issue. They claim that a quart per 1000 miles is normal but I suspect that a seal went because I drove it 3000 miles without the light coming on and then it flashed. I had an oil consumption test done and a huge leak emerged out of the cooler. They repaired it and 300 miles later it flashed again, I took it in they said it needed to be topped off, but 100 miles later it flashed. So... I think it might be an internal issue with the pressure or seal and of course they don't want to look at it because if it is, that'd mean they'd have to ship the engine back to AMG for repair. LOL I emailed the service adviser a picture of the oil light on again (@ maybe 5 on the RPM dial) 2 days ago and he hasn't responded. I told him to talk to the tech and figure it out before I go back in. i don't mean to be a pain in the rear, but I paid well over book and they aren't going to stick it to me on this deal.
What is the mileage? I was pretty fortunate with my C43 as I was at the right place at the right time. It was a one owner vehicle with 129K kms. that was donated to charity. The owner passed on and his son inherited it. He had no use for it so he donated it. The charity only wanted 8K for it and I immediately purchased it.

Did you empty the torque converter as well when you replaced the tranny fluid? The issue with filling gas at certain pumps sounds all too familiar as I'm encountering the same problem. I'm pretty certain that it is the purge valve as when it gets stuck, the cel light comes on. I disconnect the purge valve and reconnect it and the light disappears shortly thereafter.