Leak from fuel pump/filter area

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obsidian Black C43, Silver C43, Silver Carlsson E-class wagon, Brabus G-class
Leak from fuel pump/filter area

Hello All,

If you look at the bottom of your C43 (maybe C36 also) facing the rear on the passenger side, do you see any signs of leaks from the fuel pump/filter area? I didn't notice this until I looked under the car, but I saw signs of leakage from the gasoline supply system (pump, filter, tank), but I'm not sure where it's coming from. You'll not be able to see drips on the floor because of the pan cover. The leak seems severe enough that it ran over toward the exhaust pipe.

Do you guys also see fluid leaks on the rear transaxle?
Old 12-21-2003, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no leak on mines, however, if you are leaking that much, it is advisable to jack up your car and take off that plastic cover to see where it is leaking from. it could be something as simple as the hose clamps or banjo fittings.

first try to see where it is leaking, then tighten all clamps and fittings, also check the hose for any cracks.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c43 AMG Mercedes
c43 gas leak

My c43 is leaking from this area too. Not bad enough that it leaks on the ground, but enough that I can smell it when I'm underneath. I havent taken the plastic guard off yet but it looks like it is coming from the rubber fitting on the Fuel Pump. The fuel pump is the one closer to the front of the car right? Not sure if I can tighten something or if i need a new one...
Old 03-02-2013, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 261 Likes on 221 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
My 43 is bone dry in that area, but my second MB (C240T) had a small gasket leak at the exit of the tank which made that right rear corner smelly with gasoline when you passed by. My tech did the repair and said it was simple.
Small seepage is normal with our old cars as the rubber and gaskets dry with age... You just need to check and be careful if you smell gasoline. You don't want your pride going up in a big fire

Last edited by DRBC43AMG; 03-02-2013 at 01:19 PM.