C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Possible leaking fuel tank?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 03:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 c63 amg
Possible leaking fuel tank?

One morning I go to my c63 and the garage smells like gas. Don't think much of it at first but the smell stayed. Took it to the mechanic, took off the back seats and noticed a puddle of fuel above the driver's side sending fuel unit.

The mechanic replaced the whole fuel sending unit and after driving it for a few hours i took off the seats again to check. This time it was completely dry which is good. Problem is, the gas smell is still noticeable. It is definately less then what it was before we fixed the FSU but it is still noticeable when you get in the vehicle.

My question is, since I had a full tank when the mechanic was replacing the FSU did he just spill some gas on the bottom which made it smell like gas or do I have a leaking fuel tank.

One more obesrvation is that it smells like gas right above the driver's rear wheel. If i put my nose like 1 inch away on top of the rear left wheel I can smell the fumes. Either way I opened all my windows and will let the car sit in the garage. If the smell is still there tomorrow will take it to the mechanic.
Attached Thumbnails Possible leaking fuel tank?-leakingfsujpg.jpg  
Old 09-03-2015, 03:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 377 Likes on 342 Posts
00 C200 & 00 C55 & 06 SLK55
This is C36/C43 section,

have to go to C63 section,,

Good Luck..

ZAYED,,