C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

c36 lowring springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95 c36
c36 lowring springs

First of my bad for asking all these questions, but im new to the Mercedes family so please excuse me.
So I just bought a 95 c36, it already got koni shocks on it from the previous owner im looking at some lowering springs from HR, I think they will lower the car by 1.5 all the way around, now I read somewhere that I need spring pads for some reason but im not sure, can someone please explain if I do need them or not and Why.
And is HR a good spring for the c36 im looking for something a bit stiffer I noticed the c36 has soft springs.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
you'll have to replace the shocks if you lower the car. be sure that the car isnt lowered already.

you can use the same pads you have or you can change them. the pads allow you to precisely adjust the height of the car to where you want it.

i have read on this forum that h&r springs tend to sag after awhile and most but maybe not all people are disappointed with them.

the popular lowering spring seems to be vogtland with either koni adjustable or billy shorts. kw adjustable suspension seems to be the premium method, but they run $2100 without any discount.

i have seen a couple of cars put on airbags, reviews are mixed. some say the newer technology allows stiffer adjustment while driving but others claim that a static setup cannot be beat.

reviews about stiffness are all over the place. koni are adjustable, some say the stiffest setting is not stiff enough while others say the stiffest setting is way too stiff.

the short billys you'd need with lowering springs seem to be close to stock.

if you change the springs, watch out for different springs that will fit but might be from a different model. while different springs might fit c36 v c43..etc... you might need the right spring pads to fit.

i ordered some votglands from ebay and they came scratched, im a bit of a hot head and sent them back.

post some pictures of your car please.