OSRAM.... HONESTLY?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
OSRAM.... HONESTLY?????

so as some people here know. i am a demanding consumer, that means i demand exactly what was promised to me by any seller as my "buying" money is valuable.

recently i have been having problems with my headlights. i wont get into the fact that i swapped ballasts and ignitors BUT i will say i am surprised that after only 2 years that my philips bulbs went KAPUT.

so me being the stupid person i am, bought some osrams from powerbulbs.com in the UK (FYI i live in USA).

so the bulbs got here about a month ago or maybe more and well i never installed them. instead i looked at them very closely and noticed that the salt in the bulbs didnt match exactly.

so of course i started complaining like i do. (this is what i do if you dont know me). and so i complained to powerbulbs and i complained to osram.

powerbulbs.com answered me once and then decided to ignore me. osram answered me twice and then decided to ignore me. i continued to harass both powerbulbs and osram... powerbulbs completely ignored me even ignoring a request to return the bulbs but surprisingly osram followed up with me and put some people who speak german to contact me and try and figure out what my problem is.

well i never answered the german guy cause i felt like i really didnt have solid proof that the bulbs i got were defective or used... in fact i never even installed them.. (i know im sort of crazy)

ok so today i install the bulbs and guess what.. they are awesome. granted it is just one day but damn they look good. and they are working right. we'll see if anything happens but im chalking my headlamp failure up to my insanity and a pair of philip bulbs
Old 07-14-2017, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 251 Likes on 212 Posts
12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
No problems with my Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Intense D2R 85 V P32D-3 which I purchased and installed in September 2014. They work perfectly and give plenty of light 😎
Old 07-14-2017, 11:17 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C43 5.4, ML320CDI, Fords
So basically you screwed up, acted like a child because some overseas aftermarket bulbs didnt look right, to you. Wow way to go. Everyone likes a guy that complains about everything.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
It is important to learn from our own faults. Sometimes, when something doesn't work out, it has a meaning and for our own good.
If you want to learn more ... http://www.radicalforgiveness.com
Old 07-14-2017, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
Testing limits is ok as long as it's done in a civil manner. Whether I was right or wrong didn't change the fact that Osram is a company that will follow up with their customers when a problem comes up. Use my experience for your benefit, or don't.