C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Yet another scammer!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2017 | 09:51 PM

2006 E55 AMG/1996 C36 AMG/1999 C43/55 AMG
Yet another scammer!

Hey guys,

I posted a wanted ad regarding a pair of Carlsson CR 1/12's in the classifieds and I just received a pm from username marcusmb. He's a newbie with 0 posts and this isn't the first time I've gotten this same exact message. I'm willing to bet that if I email the person, they will tell me that they have tons of Carlsson CR 1/12's which we all know is bs. Here's the message

"Hi,

Please contact Tim on timgriffithmanock@gmail.com regarding your request . He gave me a great deal when i purchased from him. Fast shipping and trusted. Cell phone (408) 819-7175".

Just wanted to warn everyone!
Old 08-22-2017 | 04:39 AM
Banned

Do NOT email that *****!

Scammer will probably spam you or do other things?!?!?!

Forum members with zero activity posts trying to sell stuff on forums are 9 out of 10 times scammers
Not trustworthy to deal with!

Last edited by KJI3jflarryfe93; 08-22-2017 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-24-2017 | 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 AMG C43
i'd email him and try to turn the scam on him.

my sample response:

Hello: I am the prince of Nigeria. I want to buy some Carlsson rims. I understand you have many and sell them very reasonable. Unfortunately, my father has taken a turn for the worse and it seems like I will soon become King. Because of these unexpected events, I am unable to convert my large amounts of gold and diamonds into dollars until 6 weeks from now. This is a parliamentary rule enacted by my family in 1648.

HOWEVER, I have many beautiful Mercedes Benz cars that I can ship out of the country. If you would wire $10,000.00 USD into my account I can offer you many models to choose from 2016 and newer. Expedited shipping to most countries takes about 3 business days. Once I ship you the cars, I will trust you to sell them at fair market value and keep 50% of the proceeds for yourself. The remainder of the money should be forwarded to me.

Please advise if you will act as my broker in this situation.

Signed,
Prince of Nigeria
Owner of Many Mercedes Benz

Originally Posted by kowalski
Do NOT email that *****!

Scammer will probably spam you or do other things?!?!?!

Forum members with zero activity posts trying to sell stuff on forums are 9 out of 10 times scammers
Not trustworthy to deal with!
Old 08-24-2017 | 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

12' W204 C63 AMG coupe "T-Rex", 12' W451 Smart Fortwo Pulse (99' W202 C43 AMG sold)
Originally Posted by mickey13

my sample response:

Hello: I am the prince of Nigeria. I want to buy some Carlsson rims. I understand you have many and sell them very reasonable. Unfortunately, my father has taken a turn for the worse and it seems like I will soon become King. Because of these unexpected events, I am unable to convert my large amounts of gold and diamonds into dollars until 6 weeks from now. This is a parliamentary rule enacted by my family in 1648.

HOWEVER, I have many beautiful Mercedes Benz cars that I can ship out of the country. If you would wire $10,000.00 USD into my account I can offer you many models to choose from 2016 and newer. Expedited shipping to most countries takes about 3 business days. Once I ship you the cars, I will trust you to sell them at fair market value and keep 50% of the proceeds for yourself. The remainder of the money should be forwarded to me.

Signed,
Prince of Nigeria
Perfect
Old 08-24-2017 | 01:59 AM

2006 E55 AMG/1996 C36 AMG/1999 C43/55 AMG

Originally Posted by mickey13

my sample response:

Signed,
Prince of Nigeria