C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

NJ Mercedes Benz Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2017 | 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 AMG C43
NJ Mercedes Benz Show

The north NJ Mercedes auto club is having the annual mid-atlantic picnic tomorrow. Saturday September 9, 2017.

It's free to go but you should register on their site. https://mbcannj.com/

Just crash the party if you cant register, I dont think an extra 5 people will make a difference.

The picnic will be at 41 Moores Mill Rd, Hopewell, NJ 08525.
Old 09-25-2017 | 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 AMG C43
my car placed third in "old sedan" class ---of course that is because there were only 3 cars in the entire class LOL no other w202s there, one young guy said he has a w202 c280 but didnt bring it, he really liked the c43. maybe he'll start looking for one now.

i did get a lot of nice comments on my car, the picnic was good. there was 1 really exceptional classic mb there and a group of older mb i would rate as good.

they seemed like a really nice group, my wife really liked them and said we should join their club, but im a bit hesitant really. nobody i spoke to there knew much about AMG and it really seemed more like just a group of friends who kept their old mb so they could have a club rather than a group of hardcore mb enthusiasts. it was my first visit so i hate to be judgmental. they mentioned that there were a lot more cars at the june jamboree. i might wait until then to give it another go.

they have some meets over the winter, 1 in december for sure. just wondering if any of them will be driving their uber classic cars through snow and salt for a mb christmas party lol doubt it

worth noting that i had no idea my car would compete, also the really exceptional classic did not place, which was shocking as her car was the clear winner, and it seems she came long distance from upstate new york, as i mentioned it really is just a group of friends doing get togethers. some have been in the club 30 years or more, am very interested to see what happens in june,

overall i would say a very nice group of people but i thought the voting was a bit fishy. i just mean they were probably voting for friends rather than for what car they really thought was best and i dont mean that because i placed third but rather because one of the most beautiful 280sl that i have ever seen didnt even place. lol

Last edited by mickey13; 09-25-2017 at 04:51 AM.