C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Star Diagnostic Circuit 15

Old 01-10-2018, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
1999 AMG C43
Star Diagnostic Circuit 15

so i filled up with some gas today and the check engine light came on. i figured it was something to do with my evap system because my gas tank filter doesnt work right and its been freezing here last few days. i had seen my gas indicator blinking even with half tank, so i really thought it has something to do with that. anyway, i know i have the star computer at home so i figured i would just take a look later.

i get home and connect my star, i've had it for awhile now, more than a year but probably less than 2. and well, i plug it in under the hood and it tells me to turn on ignition... thats weird cause the car is running. anyway, i turn off and put key into 2 position and the little star computer starts working away and it performs a quick test fine.

i move to the next step in the das3 and try to load the hht box so i can get codes out but it tells me to turn on the ignition again. hmmm. very strange. i move the key back and forth a few times toggling between off, position 2 and on... the hht dialogue will not load. tells me that there is a circuit 15 problem and instructs me to check some fuses. its pretty dark and cold out there so i dont check any fuses, instead i go back to quick check and find a little button that allows me to clear all the codes right there. so i click it and sure enough it starts with the turn ignition on again. i play with it some more and i get all the codes clear even though i couldnt see what they were.

i am guessing that this circuit 15 is a bad wire or something. my china clone has been pretty good to me until now. after i clear the codes, i take her for a quick run and no check engine. i park and shut off. turn back on and i have check engine again. grrrr
i'll go out and buy a scanner tomorrow (cant remember if obd2 scanner works on this car) anyone know?

what about the circuit 15 issue, anyone have an issue like this before? im a bit tired, i have an extra cable that goes from the computer to the multiplexer but not an extra cable from the multiplexer to engine. i also do not have another w202 to test the star on.