'98 C43 - won't start - help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 03:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'98 c43 AMG black
'98 C43 - won't start - help?

Hi everyone,

I have a otherwise perfect '98 C43 with 67K miles, and all of the sudden it won't start. The battery is OK - starter motor definitely spinning the engine up when the key is turned.

It has been at a local MB mechanic for a week now, and he seems to be having a hard time figuring out the problem. He now thinks it might be the main central computer, but this is extremely expensive.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas of what it could be, or had a similar problem with a C43 and solved it?

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Old 06-07-2004, 02:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have you installed any after market alram or any other electrical system into the car, or is everything stock? what was the last thing you ever do to your car right before this happened if any?

have you check to see if you hear the fuel pump turn on when you turn the iginition key? you should hear a buzz from outside the car on the passenger side rear. otherwise, you might not be getting spark to your plugs. without seeing the car it would be hard to diagnose and everything would be just speculations, but i would also check all fuses because for engine to run, you need spark and fuel.

but if you MB shop can't figure it out, then i dont kow how much of a help i would be. good luck

ps. see if you tech can hook up a star diag to your comp to see what the last error if any was. that might also give him a clue as to the cause.

Last edited by linuxfoo; 06-07-2004 at 02:40 AM.