My First major expense on my C36!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 05:51 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W202
My First major expense on my C36!!

I had noticed a slight mis-fire at high RPM when I got my C36......finally, one of my buddy decide to "Look around, Might be just the spark plugs".... and there they are, the old, origional wire harness. And after the "Look Around", the car got all the major symptons of the bad wire-harness (rough idle, limping...etc).

The local MB shop spank me with a $1400 bill to replace a brand new AMG wireharness and another $260 to replace all the thing that seems necessary (engine/trans oil, all the filter..etc). Not a bad price for all that extra work.

First thing I did when I got my car back was drive 250 miles one way non-stop to Las Vegas. Car is GREAT! Hit 125 mph easily with plenty to spare (with AC on, 1 passenger and 110 F outside temp). Idle smoothly and no sign of mis-fire!

Only thing seems a bit odd was that the car does not seems to be as powerful at inital take off after tuned. Could it be because of the car took off smoother, it doesn't feel as powerful? Or could it be because the car limped about 180 miles before I got that wireharness problem solved and now misfire cylinder is filthy?? Or I just expect too much out of her?