C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

The C43 has a new stablemate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2020, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
98 C43, 15 Alfa 4C LE, 18 Tesla Model 3 DM Perf, 08 Duc S1000, 02 Duc 998, 98 Duc 748, 01 Miata
The C43 has a new stablemate

So this was sort of planned, sort of not so planned. I was planning to get an Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition later this year, for a couple of reasons:
1. I sold my house in NC and didn’t plan to buy in California, so I wanted to put my money into something that would hold value or even increase in value, but that I could also enjoy. I think 4C’s, at least those that are well taken care of, have reached about the lowest value that they are going to reach.
2. It is the perfect counter point to my Tesla. While the Tesla is ridiculously quick and a ton of fun to drive, it is very subtle. The C43 is also very subtle. The Alfa on the other hand, is not subtle at all. While it is not as brutally quick as the Tesla, it is still very quick and a ton of fun to drive.
3. I spent a chunk of my career working on designing carbon fiber automotive components, so I have a bit of a passion for the material beyond how it looks. The Alfa has a carbon fiber monocoque and a number of carbon fiber components throughout the rest of the vehicle. It is relatively light and very stiff.

Well, a friend who is a car dealer found one at auction in December that didn't sell. We threw a few offers the seller's way and eventually landed on a deal. Trying to get the car shipped over the holidays proved painful, but it got here just after the new year.

So yeah, here are some pictures from this past Monday when I headed out for a drive with one of my friends.

The following users liked this post:
DRBC43AMG (01-26-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 372 Likes on 280 Posts
05 c55 silver, 98 Imperial Red C43
Nice one mate. These things sound so sweet :o