C36 AMG, C43 AMG (W202) 1995 - 2000

Anyone know where the tweeter wires go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 12:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
11 c63, 97 c36, 96 g36
Post Anyone know where the tweeter wires go?

Background info:

My car came with Bose, previous owner put in an alpine deck and amp, rewired some things.

The tweeters haven't worked ever.

I'm trying to figure out where the tweeters are connected to the front speaker wires. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the speakers? Anyone know if the tweeter wires run into the doors? I did find 2 unconnected ends behind the door card? Or do they connect elsewhere? I tried to trace but was unsuccessful.
Old 04-13-2020, 02:12 PM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
C43 AMG with a tune up
tweeters sit next to the A-pillars on upper dash corners where you see the side vents.
there's a small tab you have to push in carefully, use a flat screw driver, then pull up the grilles
Old 04-13-2020, 02:46 PM

11 c63, 97 c36, 96 g36
Originally Posted by MattCordell
tweeters sit next to the A-pillars on upper dash corners where you see the side vents.
there's a small tab you have to push in carefully, use a flat screw driver, then pull up the grilles

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where the tweeter wires go? From the tweeter down to where? I couldn't trace the wires down. Not sure if my question is clear, but I want to know where the wires for the tweeter connect to the main speaker harness. I'm not looking for the wire connecting to the tweeter itself, i've found that, but I'm looking for the other end of the tweeter wire, the one that connects to the harness.

Do you know where that one is?
Old 04-13-2020, 04:06 PM

C43 AMG with a tune up
If you open the drivers door at full you see the hinges, the black plastic soft cover runs the wires through the door to A-pillar.
Through the drivers side vent, if you look closely into the vent you'll see a small tab, if you carefully push this tab with a small flat screwdriver and carefully pull the grille ontop on the dash, tweeter sits on the underside of this grille.
You can probably see where the tweeter wires go?

Also if you unscrew and remove protective plastic cover under the steering column you can probably see the wires.

Last edited by MattCordell; 04-13-2020 at 04:08 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mobilett (04-16-2020)
Old 04-16-2020, 01:45 AM

11 c63, 97 c36, 96 g36
Originally Posted by MattCordell
If you open the drivers door at full you see the hinges, the black plastic soft cover runs the wires through the door to A-pillar.
Through the drivers side vent, if you look closely into the vent you'll see a small tab, if you carefully push this tab with a small flat screwdriver and carefully pull the grille ontop on the dash, tweeter sits on the underside of this grille.
You can probably see where the tweeter wires go?

Also if you unscrew and remove protective plastic cover under the steering column you can probably see the wires.
Thanks! I guess these dangling wires behind the door panel are indeed the tweeter wires.. Now I just need to figure out a good way to hook them up.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:46 AM

C43 AMG with a tune up
You can buy new tweeters from dealership