C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would You Buy a Dealer Demo C63s (2,000 on ODO)?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota 4runner
Originally Posted by SupremePower
Wouldn't the in service date for a demo not have started yet?

Was this an exec demo?

That's a big decider when getting a demo. Was it raped by customers on test drives or was it used by one of the senior executives at Mercedes or the dealer?
it was an executive demo I assume. It was only driven by a 55 year old Sales Manager.

Last edited by BlantantMaple85; 02-23-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:57 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63 Wagon
I bought an ex demo in the UK with 2500 miles. It was a Jan 2016 model that I bought in July 2016. I got 20% off what it would have been if ordered in the same spec from the factory.
The car has 5000 miles on it now with the only problem being a rough idle which appears to have been solved by a software update.
Make sure they do a full service on it, including the diff if they haven't already. And I would try for a bigger discount.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:57 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C63s Sedan
I went to my local dealership, in SoCal, at the end of December... With the intent to go home in a c43 that day.

The genius salesperson drove me to the storage lot in a c63s... Then insisted that I drive it. Can anyone guess what happened next?

Right, the c43 felt like I was driving a Camry (exaggerating a bit, don't mean to offend any c43 owners, it's a very nice ride).

First moral of this story: if you're on a budget, don't test drive the c63s. It does strange things to your emotions.

Second point, definitely more helpful to the ops question... Well, sure. I'd buy a demo 63 w/2k miles on it... But I'd definitely try to get a better discount than that. And I'd do a low mile 36 month lease since it's going to be a weekend car.

Smash on it while it's under warranty, then hand it back and do it again on a new model in 3 years. Or, if you take good care of it and still love it in 3 years, and have had no issues with it, buy it after the lease is up.

Also, and I think someone else mentioned this, but look for a 2016... Brand new, they're still out there... And the dealers will definitely discount the hell out of them.

In mid January 2017, a month ago, I got a c63s, brand new, sticker $84,500, for 70k.

And I frickin love it and am so happy I just said eff it and pulled the trigger. Ear to ear grin every time I get in it.

​​​​​And I know you already test drove the 63... And actually, I'm surprised you're still contemplating this. I literally couldn't sleep til I got the 63 after I test drove it.

You only live once man. Call the dealership tomorrow and tell them your price (I'd go for 70k) and tell them when they are ready to do that deal... You'll come right down and pick it up.

If not, look for a 16... And do the same thing.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Palpatine; 02-24-2017 at 02:00 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F150
I'm custom ordering my C43 and getting 10% off. You should be getting better than that on a used vehicle. I would imagine the car has been driven like a rental car for pretty much all of those 2000 miles.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:55 AM

Toyota 4runner
Quick update to those who have replied. I have made a deal on this C63s.. Details to follow. A word of wisdom, if you are considering a C43.. Do not test drive the C63s........ I repeat...... do not do a test drive in a C63s. While the C43 is an amazing car and is very capable. The C63s just has something special about it that sets it apart. (fyi: I live in a warm climate state so 4matic has no use to me)

Thank you for all of the replies. I will be joining the AMG team here shortly!
Old 02-25-2017, 03:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 C250
Originally Posted by BlantantMaple85
Hello everyone,

3. Can the vehicle be hooked up the the service computer to see abuse during the initial break in?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. I really now have a serious itch for the C63s. Thank you in advance!
I do not know how it is with the service department stateside but downunder, from mid2015 on, all merc car keys keeps a log of the car. It saves the service intervals, gps info, max/min speed. This is what I have been told by the service agent. Not sure whether it keeps the revs log. But for an amg, I am sure it is somewhere in the command system.

You could press the sales guy to take the key to the service agent so that they can download the log. It will show up in their computers.

When I bought my demo, I played hard ball with the sales guy. I spent 4 hrs talking nonsense. Kept him on a leash for another 2weeks. Another 1 week of haggle before I made decision.

Initially I received 4k off the list price. Then another 2k. Final, 7k total + 6months of road registration, transfer fee, 0 dealer charges + 2yrs service covered. I do about 36k/year so all in all, I did 3 service for free, 2xA 1xB service.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:43 AM

Toyota 4runner
Originally Posted by kornface13
I'm custom ordering my C43 and getting 10% off. You should be getting better than that on a used vehicle. I would imagine the car has been driven like a rental car for pretty much all of those 2000 miles.
You sir were actually correct. I was inches away from finalizing a deal when upon my final inspection noticed the front bumper was completely scraped and gouged underneath. Probably from impact with a curb. They said they would not replace the bumper and would only "buff it out." They are selling this car as new and this is probably the most shady thing I have ever heard. I could not run out of that dealership fast enough.

I am not going to publicly shame them here. But, PM if you are interested in the name of the dealer. Thank you for everyones input.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:55 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
You sir were actually correct. I was inches away from finalizing a deal when upon my final inspection noticed the front bumper was completely scraped and gouged underneath. Probably from impact with a curb. They said they would not replace the bumper and would only "buff it out." They are selling this car as new and this is probably the most shady thing I have ever heard. I could not run out of that dealership fast enough.

I am not going to publicly shame them here. But, PM if you are interested in the name of the dealer. Thank you for everyones input.

All a "New" title means is that the car as never been titled before. I think anyone buying a car is going to ask questions about why a "new" car has 2000 miles on it, so I don't think it's particularly shady.

In fact, if they said it was used that would technically be lying.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:57 PM

Toyota 4runner
Originally Posted by obbob
All a "New" title means is that the car as never been titled before. I think anyone buying a car is going to ask questions about why a "new" car has 2000 miles on it, so I don't think it's particularly shady.

In fact, if they said it was used that would technically be lying.
You're right. I never said they lied about anything. They simply had a wrecked car being sold as new and refused to replace the broken parts to make a deal. That was a big NO THANK YOU as far as I was concerned.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lexus GS F
it was an executive demo I assume. It was only driven by a 55 year old Sales Manager.
That's what they told you.

But how would you know for sure....

They may have just told you what they know you want to hear, so they can sell the car......

I'm not very trusting of car salesman... as you can tell....

I would find something else...unless they come up with a better price

Shelly
Old 03-09-2017, 07:22 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
2016 C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by Shelly401
That's what they told you.

I would find something else...unless they come up with a better price

Shelly
Read the thread... he moved on a long time ago.