Sponsored by:

C43 "Extras" warranties, Maint,etc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
C43 "Extras" warranties, Maint,etc.

Pretty excited to pickup a C43 from the dealer tomorrow. My guy at the dealership sent me an email with different warranties and packages that are available. I know there is some profit built in and Im usually skeptical.

With that said, has anyone bought:

Extended warranty? How much did you pay and for how long?

Tire hazard package - my advisor recommended this one due to the car having run flats which he said cant be repaired. What's a good price for this? Is it worth it.

Prepaid Maint - I bought this on my C350 and was happy. Any room to negotiate on this?

What else???????? Anything else they will try to sell me and is anything worth it?

Please post what you paid for reference.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 BMW 328i
im keepingmy car 5-6 years and have thought about the extended warranty.

i've heard you get a discount if you buy it up front, but you can buy it any time from any dealer before your 4 year warranty is up... thats the one thing i can think of.

i've heard people get discounts on the maintenance. also if you lease you only pay the non residualized part if you buy it up front (so yeah if you are leasing you might as well buy it)
Old 11-11-2016, 08:00 AM

Received 173 Likes on 110 Posts
C450, GLS 63 and a few other things
You can check out the extended warranty section of this forum. There are a few national dealers who give good discounts on the warranties. I bought one from them (not the original dealer). In theory, there is a 10% charge on the MB warranty if you don't buy within 30 days, but a few have posted the have had that waived.

The MB coverage has its pluses (sold by MB, so no question or hassle on if it is accepted or not, or if the company will still be in business when you need it) and minuses (number of things not covered).

As far as maintenance there isn't much markup on those. You can get from the national dealers as well, but they don't discount much (might save $50 - $100 over "list" price).

Runflats can be repaired, if you didn't exceed the maximum speed or distance on them when they were flat.

EDIT: I should say I purchased the extended warranty (mostly so I don't do all the work myself and drive myself crazy). I bought the prepaid maintenance. Better bet is to do the work yourself or find a good local shop for the maintenance if you really care about cost, but sometimes it's easier to just buy it, go to the dealer, and be done with it.

I never buy the tire/wheel package. If you lose a tire, it is only a few hundred dollars, so I'll take those changes. If you get really unlucky and damage both a wheel or tire by hitting a big pothole or something, you might be out $1500 or so. I know it can anddoes happen, but never happened to me in my life, so I'll take my chances.

Last edited by z28lt1; 11-11-2016 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:54 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
If you're at all considering the extended warranty, go for it (unless you need the cash on hand). You can shop around using references on this forum. I saved $600 over the dealer's best offer by doing so. The benefit is you can cancel for a full refund any time before the original manufacturer warranty expires, or for a pro-rated refund once the ELW kicks in. As others have said, you may be able to get the surcharge waived if you wait longer than 30 days, but it wasn't worth the chance to me so I just got it.
Old 11-11-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43
Update ----

So I did all the paperwork and it was $53 a month for road hazard on the tires and wheels! $3K for 5 years! Ummm no thanks.

Shocking really that they wouldn't have a cheaper alternative. Not even remotely worth it.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:07 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Decided to get the wheel and tire since I got 19" wheels. Paid about $900 less than you were quoted.
Did not get the extended warranty yet but probably will later. Mainly because it will cover most of the "big uglies" and the command system. Want to know more details but I have a lot of time and many miles before I need to decide.