NOT USING A BRUSH ON MY CAR!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
NOT USING A BRUSH ON MY CAR!

Just sharing with you guys who are facing winter like I am. Thinking of getting a powerful leaf blower for the future.

I absolutely refuse to use a brush to do this and scratch my paint.

The following 2 users liked this post by munis:
gabe.m (01-10-2017), Grant Hummel (01-10-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I use a bucket of hot water
Old 01-09-2017, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
I use a bucket of hot water
This a joke, right?
The following users liked this post:
gabe.m (01-10-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 12:40 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Sean, Gungaslow has a history of idiotic posts, don't mind him.

Munis, order yourself a snobrum. I've been using it so far, no scratches : I'm pretty sure you can find something similar to the snobrum at your local Canadian Tire as well.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:55 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
BMW328ix, AMG C43
I got an EGO leaf blower, works great! Since I purchased it, that's the only thing that goes near my cars when snow removal is needed. If I'm at work, I only clean the windshield, let the highway wind do the rest.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:53 AM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
Damn that blue is pretty. The best thing to can do is make sure your car is clean. The worst scratches and swirls come from pushing the dirt across your paint. The leaf blower sounds like a good idea for loose powder, but what about the wet heavy stuff? Me, I'm the kind of jerk who cleans the windshield and windows before taking it out for a spin. I don't want to push all that snow on the driveway I just cleaned.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:45 AM

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts
2017 AMG c43 coupe
I was in this same predicament earlier in the week. I ended up lightly brushing it off with a glove. I did a ceramic coating on the vehicle after purchase and that has partial scratch protection properties, but the only way to really protect is with a full clear bra/expel etc.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:52 AM

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts
Current: 2022 C300W4, 2016 Audi A8L Previous: 2019 C43W4
Brilliant Blue...woooooooof, such a nice color. Making me rethink my order
Old 01-10-2017, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 675 Likes on 532 Posts
c
so glad I don't have the winters to deal with anymore.

The ice is the problem. Leaf blower is great for fresh powder and well maintained vehicle. But as soon as the snow melts, re-freezes it starts needing more persuasion than a leaf blower is fit out to do.

I would also do as much as I could and then start driving, dragging something across the paint just hurt too bad.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 892 Likes on 626 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by alexasa
The ice is the problem. Leaf blower is great for fresh powder and well maintained vehicle. But as soon as the snow melts, re-freezes it starts needing more persuasion than a leaf blower is fit out to do.
My thoughts exactly. But I suppose if you just start the car while you're getting the snow off by the time you do it'll be warmed up and the ice should be melted enough you can just wipe off the windows.

What happens if you're out or at work and get dumped on? I would at least keep a brush in the car so you can get the windows cleared if you don't have a blower.

I notice a garage in the background... The ole ball n' chain take a garage spot? If so, I would barter and say I get to park my car in the garage, but I'll go out and start/clean/warm yours up in return.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:46 PM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by gabe.m
If I'm at work, I only clean the windshield, let the highway wind do the rest.
In some parts of Canada, that is illegal, and not to mention idiotic as well. Sure, let's put other drivers at risk by letting the wind do the rest
Old 01-10-2017, 04:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Porsche 981S Ferrari 328GTS MB AMG C43 Lunar Blue Sedan
Originally Posted by Tej7
In some parts of Canada, that is illegal, and not to mention idiotic as well. Sure, let's put other drivers at risk by letting the wind do the rest
Its illegal in lots of places. Police pull people over, ticket them, and make them clean off their car if they do that around here.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:07 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by Dino944
Its illegal in lots of places. Police pull people over, ticket them, and make them clean off their car if they do that around here.
I wish the police in Ontario were more strict about this. Clowns that don't clean their cars are a dime a dozen here.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:15 PM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Dino944
That's how it should be, I mean it's common sense.. Right?
Old 01-10-2017, 06:20 PM

BMW328ix, AMG C43
Just so I don't feel like an idiot, I am talking about small amounts of powder if that's the case, that get cleaned in the first quarter mile (not talking about ice or other things...). Thanks for the compliment, anyways...
...ooops actually this was me with my other ...vehicle

Last edited by gabe.m; 01-10-2017 at 06:34 PM. Reason: added video link
Old 01-10-2017, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
My thoughts exactly. But I suppose if you just start the car while you're getting the snow off by the time you do it'll be warmed up and the ice should be melted enough you can just wipe off the windows.

What happens if you're out or at work and get dumped on? I would at least keep a brush in the car so you can get the windows cleared if you don't have a blower.

I notice a garage in the background... The ole ball n' chain take a garage spot? If so, I would barter and say I get to park my car in the garage, but I'll go out and start/clean/warm yours up in return.
I am actually renting a room here. So the garage is used by the Landlady to protect her 2001 Dodge Caravan. I am actually thinking about going to her and offering to pay extra if she parks outside instead of me. Because lets be real, that car does not need any protection from weather.

On the otherhand, I am going to get the engine block heater installed next week. The only problem that remains on the hand is of the snow. And like a couple of you guys already mentioned, it is illegal to drive a car with lots of snow on it here in Ontario. I have enough tickets to deal with for speeding as it is, haha.

So here is what I am going to get:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00EOLZAUQ?ref=emc_b_5_t

That thing is a frigging typhoon according to the reviews.

Sean, Gungaslow has a history of idiotic posts, don't mind him.

Munis, order yourself a snobrum. I've been using it so far, no scratches : I'm pretty sure you can find something similar to the snobrum at your local Canadian Tire as well.
And I will definitely try that Tej. Thank you for linking that.

PS: Last week I washed my car in the same place as you. We should definitely meet up some time.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:45 PM

BMW328ix, AMG C43
Originally Posted by munis

That thing is a frigging typhoon according to the reviews.
...just making sure you know it's not on battery, in case you missed. If you wanted corded, just ignore my comment . That thing should blow pretty much anything off your car . The one I have does 95mph, and does a pretty good job.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
**** I wish cops were more diligent about that law around here. After a good snow storm, I'll usually see a half-dozen or so of these people out and about:

Call it a bit OCD, but when I clear my windows of snow, I'm like a paleontologist unearthing a T-Rex skeleton made of gold!
gabe.m (01-11-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 11:13 PM

C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by gabe.m
Just so I don't feel like an idiot, I am talking about small amounts of powder if that's the case, that get cleaned in the first quarter mile (not talking about ice or other things...). Thanks for the compliment, anyways...
I apologize for being harsh and for the rude comment, but your previous statement leaves a lot of things up for interpretation. I see so many idiotic drivers who have at least 10cm of snow on the roof of their car. Absolutely oblivious that all the snow is blowing directly in the view of the driver behind them

Originally Posted by munis
And I will definitely try that Tej. Thank you for linking that.

PS: Last week I washed my car in the same place as you. We should definitely meet up some time.
It's actually quite good, the only downside is that it doesn't come with a scraper. The good news is, I haven't come across the need for an ice scraper yet

Also, I think you might have seen another member. I'm located in Calgary haha
gabe.m (01-11-2017)