C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double pops or bangs on upshifts. (Performance Exhaust for C43)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Double pops or bangs on upshifts. (Performance Exhaust for C43)

I think most of us here are familiar with the C43's benchmark pop/bang on upshifts from the Performance exhaust.

After I do some highway driving and enter the city, my car starts to make two loud consecutive bangs on each upshift (sometimes three). The sound felt unreal when it happened. Literally everyone in the road stops what they are doing and starts looking for the source. But this occurrence is extremely random. Does not always happen.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and knows how exactly to trigger it at will (if possible).

Also this might be all in my head, my car is starting to feel a bit quieter in sports+ mode. Like I feel the bangs and pops are not as loud as when I got the car. Is it in my head or is it expected as your car gains the kilometers?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Here's how I get mine to pop on demand.
I manually downshift into second gear, goose the throttle just enough to get the rpms above 3k and then let off the throttle quickly...POP POP!
Works everytime.
It will work at lower rpms and higher gears but will not be nearly as loud as it is when it pops off in 2nd gear.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:14 PM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
Keep rolling and get the rpms over 5k and goose it on and off to get the gattling gun brap with 6 distinct pops every time.