C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlights and Tail Lights fogging with moisture (After rain and car wash)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Headlights and Tail Lights fogging with moisture (After rain and car wash)

Hey guys,

I do not if any of you are having a problem with this. My front headlights and tailights fogs with moisture everytime I wash my car or highway drive in the rain. The jetspray I use to wash my car is pretty high pressure as well.

Any of you guys having this issue?

It dries up with a day or two. Have pictures of it. Should I just take it to a dealer and have them change it?
Old 01-21-2017, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I think it's normal as long as it clears.. I notice mine do the same when the temperature drops rapidly at night.. it's clears up quickly as temperatures rise again.. I've never noticed leave a stain on the inside of the glass and it not large drops.. mostly just a light coat of condensation.. most of my previous cars and mothers and wife's cars do the same
Old 01-21-2017, 04:21 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 c63s
I haven't had mine for too long, but I don't have the issue. Is it all of them?

I would definitely talk to a dealer about it. It is usually not a huge issue, but it can cause whole host of problems over time.

Last edited by Dthquazi; 01-21-2017 at 04:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BLAM (01-22-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 04:23 PM

2017 c63s
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
I think it's normal as long as it clears.. I notice mine do the same when the temperature drops rapidly at night.. it's clears up quickly as temperatures rise again.. I've never noticed leave a stain on the inside of the glass and it not large drops.. mostly just a light coat of condensation.. most of my previous cars and mothers and wife's cars do the same
You posted as I was typing. The thing that would concern me is that it shows up when washing. Yes you will get some during temp changes. But washing generally shouldn't

Let's see the pics
Old 01-21-2017, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I'm pretty sure the lights on most new cars are not sealed so they allow some air in to help with condensation evaporate..if they were totally sealed there would be no way for the condensation to evaporate once the change in temperature reversed.. so if during washing you use really hot water on a cool day, it could be condensation and not nessesarily water getting in from the sprayer..
Old 01-21-2017, 04:36 PM

2017 c63s
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
I'm pretty sure the lights on most new cars are not sealed so they allow some air in to help with condensation evaporate..if they were totally sealed there would be no way for the condensation to evaporate once the change in temperature reversed.. so if during washing you use really hot water on a cool day, it could be condensation and not nessesarily water getting in from the sprayer..
I agree with that. I guess I never considered using hot water on a cool day. I always use hose water. I guess I'm imagining a ton of condensation in his lights.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Dthquazi
I agree with that. I guess I never considered using hot water on a cool day. I always use hose water. I guess I'm imagining a ton of condensation in his lights.
Not a ton to be honest. But I was a bit concerned, but getting the feedback from you guys, it looks to be a normal phenomenon. I am concerned about it fogging after a car wash though. I will keep you guys updated.