Sponsored by:

2nd Gear at Stop in Sport+

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 11:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 AMG C43
2nd Gear at Stop in Sport+

This is probably more of a continuation of the "C43 Rocking" thread from awhile back but a little more focused. I didn't want it to get buried and unseen by those that gave up on that thread as I'm not sure they are the same.

My C43 will randomly stay at 2nd gear in Sport+ when coming to a stop, much like C mode. When putting my foot on the gas (not aggressively, much like any other start) to start moving it tries to switch to 1st quickly, causing the jerking motion mentioned in that previous thread until I manually switch the gear back to 2nd.

Does anyone else notice this with their car?

I have seen this with both a cold and warm engine. The two "fixes" I have used are to manually switch to 1st and then manually upshift as normal until reaching a speed and letting the car take over shifting or to select a different Dynamic Select setting and go back to S+ where it will be back in 1st gear. Neither obviously being ideal.

I know that my car is an earlier MY2017 build. Has there been an update in the transmission programing?

Thanks for any insight. Car will see the dealer for the differential change soon and I'll bring it up to them then.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:30 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 AMG C43
Originally Posted by Big Goober
This is probably more of a continuation of the "C43 Rocking" thread from awhile back but a little more focused. I didn't want it to get buried and unseen by those that gave up on that thread as I'm not sure they are the same.

My C43 will randomly stay at 2nd gear in Sport+ when coming to a stop, much like C mode. When putting my foot on the gas (not aggressively, much like any other start) to start moving it tries to switch to 1st quickly, causing the jerking motion mentioned in that previous thread until I manually switch the gear back to 2nd.

Does anyone else notice this with their car?

I have seen this with both a cold and warm engine. The two "fixes" I have used are to manually switch to 1st and then manually upshift as normal until reaching a speed and letting the car take over shifting or to select a different Dynamic Select setting and go back to S+ where it will be back in 1st gear. Neither obviously being ideal.

I know that my car is an earlier MY2017 build. Has there been an update in the transmission programing?

Thanks for any insight. Car will see the dealer for the differential change soon and I'll bring it up to them then.
I don't believe the C43 needs an early differential fluid change. Gave my VIN to my dealer and they said no need.