C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats wrong with my car; is ECU bricked after software tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 11:22 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 AMG C43
VERY glad to hear you were able to work through this issue
Old 05-04-2017, 02:05 PM

Received 76 Likes on 48 Posts
2017 AMG c43 coupe
Originally Posted by cenzo86
That's great news, glad to know you're back on the road. Did the dealer lean on you about the ECU software? Did they pull you into a backroom where the NSA questioned your citizenship and allegiance to America? Did they pull transcripts of your MBWorld account where you talk about bricking your car? Did they take your mother to a rendition site in Pakistan?

...or did they just reflash without asking you any questions and call you when your car was ready to be picked up?
LOL, I know you're kidding but you're not far off the truth. The dealer told me flat out that they would void my warranty with all the work done to the car, so I handled it a different way besides going through Mercedes that ended up costing me a lot more money, but saved my warranty. The tuner flashed me back to stock, not Mercedes.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:41 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by W205C43AMGCoupe
LOL, I know you're kidding but you're not far off the truth. The dealer told me flat out that they would void my warranty with all the work done to the car, so I handled it a different way besides going through Mercedes that ended up costing me a lot more money, but saved my warranty. The tuner flashed me back to stock, not Mercedes.
Please forgive me if I'm blind.......but have you answered Jimmy C43's question of specifically what vendor you used?

If for no other reason, so that we can make an informed choice while including the one whose ECU had you initiating this thread?

C'mon, man! What's up with that? Look out for your boys........and car-guy girls, of course.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:15 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 c63s
Originally Posted by BRBM
Please forgive me if I'm blind.......but have you answered Jimmy C43's question of specifically what vendor you used?

If for no other reason, so that we can make an informed choice while including the one whose ECU had you initiating this thread?

C'mon, man! What's up with that? Look out for your boys........and car-guy girls, of course.
If anything it shows that they did a great job in the customer service department. Some may prefer that.
The following users liked this post:
W205C43AMGCoupe (05-06-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 02:55 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by Dthquazi
If anything it shows that they did a great job in the customer service department. Some may prefer that.
Who did it? They.......who?

Wait a minute. Are these trick posts where the Aftermarket ECU manufacturer is hidden somewhere and my blind *** can't find it?? OOOOOH!! Okay. I get it. I should just assume Weistec ECU since he mentioned downpipes.

You sneaky f-----s.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:49 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
I wouldn't assume anything because you could be wrong...

I don't see the need to mention the vendor. If you're on the fence mention this to the vendor you're considering. His stage 1 tune was fine. The problem occured after he sent it back for stage 2.

Last edited by DVision44; 05-05-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Biggreenogg (05-06-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 06:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
I'm 3,000 miles away from my first service. Definitely a bit nervous about how this is all going to go :/
Old 05-06-2017, 08:54 AM

2017 AMG c43 coupe
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
I'm 3,000 miles away from my first service. Definitely a bit nervous about how this is all going to go :/
My advice is your experience with mercedes dealers will vary greatly from shop to shop, and from tech to tech. I always try to form a relationship with a specific tech with the right personality to work on my vehicle. In other words I try to find a tech who is a true auto enthusiast; they usually wont ding you for being modified. I also usually give them a nice cash tip as well. If you're just going in for routine service you should be fine. If you bring the car is with an engine problem and they see you are modified that's where you run into issues. In the county I live in they don't do visual inspection for emission, only gas cap check and OBDII for faults. Given my tune gets rid of the CEL, even with aftermarket downpipes I should be fine for emissions. Emission testing varies from state by state and even county by county. Off topic question-are you finding a lot of extra heat under the hood with the Weistec downpipes?
Old 05-08-2017, 10:27 AM

c43 Amg coupe
Ah-hah!! That vendor must've muckedy mucked up your tune, too! Don't lie. And you too are too damn embarrassed to come clean and admit who punked you. My blessing that, hopefully, it never breaks again.

Now it all makes total sense.

Have problems with a vendor but make sure you keep it a BIIIIG secret from any other 450/43 owner so that just maybe they can have the same problems, too. So righteous and morally straight you and thread starter are...can't forget the brave soul that thanked you, either.

So it is true after all.............misery loves company. But, but thankfully there are a few reputable, reliable tuning companies out here to choose from, i.e., we don't really need anyone to be totally honest & straightforward if that is not in their DNA.

Shhhhhhhhh. Be quiet, people. Dirtbag-quality tunes are among us.
I can't believe you wasted your time typing all of this. Why would anyone want to help you? You sound stupid! My car is fine...smh.
W205C43AMGCoupe (05-11-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 11:14 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes E63 AMG
Originally Posted by DVision44
I can't believe you wasted your time typing all of this. Why would anyone want to help you? You sound stupid! My car is fine...smh.
Well said!
Old 05-09-2017, 02:17 PM

2017 AMG c43 coupe
Ah-hah!! That vendor must've muckedy mucked up your tune, too! Don't lie. And you too are too damn embarrassed to come clean and admit who punked you. My blessing that, hopefully, it never breaks again.

Now it all makes total sense.

Have problems with a vendor but make sure you keep it a BIIIIG secret from any other 450/43 owner so that just maybe they can have the same problems, too. So righteous and morally straight you and thread starter are...can't forget the brave soul that thanked you, either.

So it is true after all.............misery loves company. But, but thankfully there are a few reputable, reliable tuning companies out here to choose from, i.e., we don't really need anyone to be totally honest & straightforward if that is not in their DNA.

Shhhhhhhhh. Be quiet, people. Dirtbag-quality tunes are among us.

I'm not mentioning the vendor because I feel the issues I had was a one off issue, also I feel the vendor was responsive, and worked with me to resolve the issue in a professional manner. If I didn't believe in the vendor or felt that they were in a position to hurt other forum members, I would mention the name-but I do not feel this way.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:27 PM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
I mean BRBM if you do a search of W205C43AMGCOUPE he has also mentioned who has done the tune. I mean i already know but ill let you do your own research...
Old 05-09-2017, 03:27 PM

2017 c63s
I'm not mentioning the vendor because I feel the issues I had was a one off issue, also I feel the vendor was responsive, and worked with me to resolve the issue in a professional manner. If I didn't believe in the vendor or felt that they were in a position to hurt other forum members, I would mention the name-but I do not feel this way.
That in itself is a good reason to tell who the vendor is. They obviously had a good enough reputation for you to chose it. One off issues happen to most if not all. The way that a company handles the issue and their customer is the most important thing.

I don't get the secrecy. I also find that there is a huge shroud of secrecy around brabus products and how much people spend for them.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 132 Likes on 116 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Originally Posted by Dthquazi
That in itself is a good reason to tell who the vendor is. They obviously had a good enough reputation for you to chose it. One off issues happen to most if not all. The way that a company handles the issue and their customer is the most important thing.

I don't get the secrecy. I also find that there is a huge shroud of secrecy around brabus products and how much people spend for them.
You would think. But many people just hear "problem" or "issue" and base their opinion of the company from that. They usually won't read further or take the time to understand anything after that. I think this is a situation where the company doesn't need to be mentioned even if it's in a positive way. It was an isolated issue and should be left alone.

I agree and think you're making the correct move on this
W205C43AMGCoupe (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 02:15 PM

2017 AMG c43 coupe
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
You would think. But many people just hear "problem" or "issue" and base their opinion of the company from that. They usually won't read further or take the time to understand anything after that. I think this is a situation where the company doesn't need to be mentioned even if it's in a positive way. It was an isolated issue and should be left alone.

I agree and think you're making the correct move on this

Exactly! Completely summed up my thought process.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:18 PM

c43 Amg coupe
Exactly! Completely summed up my thought process.
It's obvious they're trying to put the vendor on blast for some reason as anyone could've pm'd you for the info...smh
Old 05-11-2017, 07:47 PM

2017 c63s
Originally Posted by DVision44
It's obvious they're trying to put the vendor on blast for some reason as anyone could've pm'd you for the info...smh
Not trying to put AMR on blast at all. We are an auto enthusiasts forum. Yet we are secretive over who we have experiences with and how the experience was. It's stupid. Sounds like AMR did a great job and I am still considering them for my tune. This thread has gone on long enough and would require enough reading to see that and not junp to conclusions.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes CLA 250
Hooked up Diagnostics reader today to OBDII: Got a whole bunch of codes. I suspect some of these codes may just be due to the ECU tune but unsure.

I cleared the codes but the ones related to the downpipes like 02 sensors wont go away. Still no start. MB looks at it tomorrow.

U0431
U0100
P0727
U0126
P1193
P1190
P0108
P0238
P24D8
P2505
P2401
p24BE
P0458

OBDII Test Shows:
02 SENSOR B1S1
02SENSORB1S2
02SENSORB2S1
02SENSORB2S2
CATALYST BANK 1
CATALYST BANK 2
VVT MON BANK1
VVT MON BANK2

EVAP 0.040
EVAP0.020
PURGE FLOW
02HEATER MONITOR B2S2
MISFIRE CYL 1,2,3,4,5,6
Hi There - I got the check engine light ON last week with P24D8 code - I cant find any accurate info about this fault code - if you know anything about this please let me know
Old 01-09-2020, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
EVAP System Pressure Sensor/Switch “B” Circuit High

Originally Posted by mbclaowner
Hi There - I got the check engine light ON last week with P24D8 code - I cant find any accurate info about this fault code - if you know anything about this please let me know
Old 01-09-2020, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Mercedes CLA 250
Yes, thats all I could find online - What does that mean ?

Any idea where this pressure sensor is located in 2014 CLA 250 ?