AMG Ride Control - stuck in Sport mode?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 08:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C 450 AMG Sport
AMG Ride Control - stuck in Sport mode?

Hey!

I'm driving a C 450 (2015) and the suspension seems to be stuck in Sport mode. There is a constant red light on the suspension button on the center console. Nothing happens when I press the button (one time, several times...) . The red light remains on even when I am changing between mode settings to Eco-Comfort-Sport etc., and the car ride is quite stiff no matter what mode.

Anyone have same issues or know how this can be resolved?
Old 05-10-2017, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 676 Likes on 533 Posts
c
hmm.

I'm assuming this isn't resolved after starting/stopping the vehicle?

Does it also seem to match the sport suspension setting as far as firmness goes? As in - do you think it's just an electronic error with the light or actually stuck in that suspension mode?

Sounds like a dealer visit.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:34 AM

C 450 AMG Sport
Originally Posted by alexasa
hmm.

I'm assuming this isn't resolved after starting/stopping the vehicle?

Does it also seem to match the sport suspension setting as far as firmness goes? As in - do you think it's just an electronic error with the light or actually stuck in that suspension mode?

Sounds like a dealer visit.
OK - no it has been like this for weeks. I believe it is actually stuck as I cannot feel a difference in suspension between the different driving modes.

Might as well ask the dealer to do a diagnostic

Thanks
Old 04-13-2018, 03:01 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG C43 T
Originally Posted by lscorpio
Hey!

I'm driving a C 450 (2015) and the suspension seems to be stuck in Sport mode. There is a constant red light on the suspension button on the center console. Nothing happens when I press the button (one time, several times...) . The red light remains on even when I am changing between mode settings to Eco-Comfort-Sport etc., and the car ride is quite stiff no matter what mode.

Anyone have same issues or know how this can be resolved?
Hi, I now have the same problem in my 2018 C43. There is a display message when starting the car which says something is wrong with the ajustable dampers. Did you find out what was wrong with yours? Easy fix?
Old 04-14-2018, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
I've had the same issue with mine. They wound up throwing a lot of parts at it including new rear shocks and a wiring harness.

The part that's pissing me off is that after they worked on it the dampening modes are now reversed, ie: sport+ has the softest suspension and Comfort and Eco are the harshest.

MB Service says this is normal and that there is nothing wrong with the vehicle which is BS.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:50 PM

C 450 AMG Sport
Smile

Originally Posted by hlieberg
Hi, I now have the same problem in my 2018 C43. There is a display message when starting the car which says something is wrong with the ajustable dampers. Did you find out what was wrong with yours? Easy fix?
For what its worth - Yes I found out what was wrong, to cut a long story short: Upon delivery of my car, someone reversed back into my car, resulting in the front bumper and right headlight to be damaged and they had to be replaced, which the dealer took care of. What they did not notice was that the wiring to the suspension on the right side hade been damaged too. Apparently the headlight had been pressed inwards to the extent damaging the wiring. Therefore the suspension did not work at all, thus the "hard ride" I was experiencing. So when I once again took the car back to the dealer, they realized they had missed it and fixed the wiring - and now suspension works fine and the ride is sooo smooth!
The following users liked this post:
hlieberg (10-26-2018)
Old 09-27-2019, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 c43
Originally Posted by lscorpio
For what its worth - Yes I found out what was wrong, to cut a long story short: Upon delivery of my car, someone reversed back into my car, resulting in the front bumper and right headlight to be damaged and they had to be replaced, which the dealer took care of. What they did not notice was that the wiring to the suspension on the right side hade been damaged too. Apparently the headlight had been pressed inwards to the extent damaging the wiring. Therefore the suspension did not work at all, thus the "hard ride" I was experiencing. So when I once again took the car back to the dealer, they realized they had missed it and fixed the wiring - and now suspension works fine and the ride is sooo smooth!
Thanks for this info, having the same issue of the suspension stuck in sport after a front crash were the front left headlight was replaced as well as the front bumper, now I know that the crash was the culprit. Will return to dealer so they can fix it. My car is a 2017 C43 sedan. Cheers.