Sponsored by:

Question about COMAND version

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question about COMAND version

Hi guys,

I'm all confused about the different COMAND versions. From what I have been reading from various threads and google searches, the version on the 2017 C43 is NTG5.2?

From what I understand, NTG5 was the original with the keypad buttons, then when the buttons were removed in favor of the trackpad, the new version became NTG5.2 and the original NTG5 became NTG5.1.

Then I did a VIN check at http://carinfo.kiev.ua and in the datacard section it said my VIN had option 531 COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5 which confuses me even more. Now there's a NTG5.5? or is NTG5.2 the same as NTG5.5? or maybe that VIN site is giving me wrong information?
Old 05-13-2017, 12:03 PM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
You worry too much. All you need is the satnav to give you wrong directions. Put your windows down, fully open the pano roof and enjoy. It's the fun on the way that matters not getting there...
Old 05-15-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When looking at add-on modules on ebay, etc. I'd like to know which ones will work. Otherwise I wouldn't care less what version it was... also the satnav has my street but not my house number. I had to use the "Save current position" to mark my house

Originally Posted by guhvies
You worry too much. All you need is the satnav to give you wrong directions. Put your windows down, fully open the pano roof and enjoy. It's the fun on the way that matters not getting there...