Sponsored by:

Took my 43 coupe to the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 03:40 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Yup, once you pass 2,000 the torque converter starts to grab hold and the battle of the engine vs brakes begins lol.

Sounds like we're in the same boat. We both know [obviously] that the more you slip the TC, the more wear you're doing. But have no idea past that. I was hoping an expert on the subject would chime in here. I'd really love to get info on our specific application but what can ya do... I guess it's off to the U of Google I go
I don't profess to being an expert on BT but I have a long history of drag racing automatics. Bt does heat up the fluid which if done many times for more than 5 seconds can cause damage.I have never damaged a converter but I adhere to a strict starting method.
1-I always wait for the other car to stage first.
2-I wait for the christmas tree to start.
3-I BT to stall speed"usually about 2000 rpm", go on last yellow.
I have read up on what causes converter damage and universally there is agreement that excessive heat will cause pump,clutch or valve damage.I have heard of possible bent internal fins on some high HP cars,but have never seen it happen.To sum it up don't BT for more than 5 sec and you should be OK.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
c-fo-fiddy
Thanks for adding some info from your experiences. Makes sense.

By the way, don't worry about staging or the tree like that(Reaction time). Unless you're some sort of pro/am bracket racing, that won't make a difference and it's just one more thing to worry about and mess up your launch. Dragstrips don't start your time until your car moves. So once the tree goes green, you can sit as long as you like and nothing on your timeslip will be effected other than your RT.

Once I learned this my launches, and subsequently my overall time, got better
Old 06-06-2017, 05:47 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
2016 C450
Originally Posted by sean1.8t
Thanks for adding some info from your experiences. Makes sense.

By the way, don't worry about staging or the tree like that(Reaction time). Unless you're some sort of pro/am bracket racing, that won't make a difference and it's just one more thing to worry about and mess up your launch. Dragstrips don't start your time until your car moves. So once the tree goes green, you can sit as long as you like and nothing on your timeslip will be effected other than your RT.

Once I learned this my launches, and subsequently my overall time, got better
The reason I stage that way is to minimize the amount of time that I BT. By waiting for the tree to start I know that I am Torqueing for less than 3 sec's.I Have done some bracket racing over the years so I am very comfortable with my starting method.I m well aware that reaction time has no effect on et or speed.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:29 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by ShazV6
Plan on ordering my eurocharge tune Friday or maybe even this Wednesday. Dont think ill do the downpipes as of yet :/. I will be going to the track again in the next month or two if all goes right . Ill def keep my thread opened for updates.
Got my C43 sedan a eurocharged ecu tune last month and love it. The performance gains are impressive and the car is more fun/responsive in all modes.
The following users liked this post:
sales@eurocharged.com (06-14-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 11:57 AM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Getting my 43 tuned by Eurocharge. Sending the ecu out today and getting it back Friday. I will post up some videos and also hit the track up . I cannot wait!!
The following users liked this post:
sales@eurocharged.com (06-14-2017)
Old 06-14-2017, 12:33 PM

2017 C43 sedan
Think you will like the tune. Had eurocharged do the tune on my C43 sedan and it is great. The only problem is that life keeps getting in the way of the strip.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:26 PM

17' C43 Coupe
Update: Should have my ecu back tomorrow from Eurocharge . Once it comes in i will post up some videos and impressions. Thank you guys once again! Next thing will be the track which i should be going to within the month (weather pending of course). Super excited!
Old 06-16-2017, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I just got my AMR tune stage 1 back yesterday.. holly ��!!!! It's incredible.. it's definitely a lot faster and smoother too.. for some reason it sounds like the exhaust sounds better too with more gurgle and bark with the vanes open! It's insane! I almost went with Eurocharged but there was a lot more reviews with AMR and they seem to have had the car the longest to improve the tune than any other company. It was more expensive but I haven't heard of anyone blowing a motor or turbo..
Old 06-16-2017, 06:00 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
I just got my AMR tune stage 1 back yesterday.. holly ��!!!! It's incredible.. it's definitely a lot faster and smoother too.. for some reason it sounds like the exhaust sounds better too with more gurgle and bark with the vanes open! It's insane! I almost went with Eurocharged but there was a lot more reviews with AMR and they seem to have had the car the longest to improve the tune than any other company. It was more expensive but I haven't heard of anyone blowing a motor or turbo..
Nice! There is nothing like that experience when you first feel stage 1 lol I remember it like it was yesterday. Stock was pretty good, but this is absolutely divine. AMR FTW
Old 06-17-2017, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C43 AMG
I just sent mine in to AMR....so effin excited!!! I'll post feedback with pre and post dynos as well
Old 06-17-2017, 11:19 AM

17' C43 Coupe
So I got back my ECU from Eurocharge and I must say i am very very pleased. Car absolutely pulls and pulls and keeps on pulling. I will post some Speedo vids once I'm in "mexico" . If anyone is in the tri state that wants to meet up maybe have a run against one another (tune only vs tune only) id be more than willing to so the community can have a real perspective of the tunes from other companies. Eurocharge thanks once again!!
The following 2 users liked this post by ShazV6:
Gidrow (06-17-2017), sales@eurocharged.com (06-19-2017)
Old 06-17-2017, 07:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by ShazV6
So I got back my ECU from Eurocharge and I must say i am very very pleased. Car absolutely pulls and pulls and keeps on pulling. I will post some Speedo vids once I'm in "mexico" . If anyone is in the tri state that wants to meet up maybe have a run against one another (tune only vs tune only) id be more than willing to so the community can have a real perspective of the tunes from other companies. Eurocharge thanks once again!!
Glad you happy with your Eurocharged tune. Looking forward seeing some videos from Mexico.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:44 AM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Also looking forward to videos. I'm so tempted to do a tune but concerned with the warranty risks..
Old 06-19-2017, 11:49 AM

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by threefirs
Also looking forward to videos. I'm so tempted to do a tune but concerned with the warranty risks..
You might want to spend some time talking with a couple of tuners about what ECU parameters they change and what, if any, engine protection features they change.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:50 AM

2017 C43 sedan
Won't eliminate the risk, but you will have better data for your decision.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:56 AM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by Biggreenogg
You might want to spend some time talking with a couple of tuners about what ECU parameters they change and what, if any, engine protection features they change.
Thanks. Any idea if the dealer notices the tune when the car goes in for maintenance?
Old 06-19-2017, 12:01 PM

2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by threefirs
Thanks. Any idea if the dealer notices the tune when the car goes in for maintenance?
Nope. Just got my ECU tune (Eurocharged) last month. The car is only eight months old and no problems. Just more fun after the tune
Old 06-19-2017, 03:49 PM

17' C43 Coupe
Would have some videos today but here in NY they are talking about severe thunderstorms. Guess my ride out to Mexico will have to hold Will post up once it is free (weather wise)