Sponsored by:

Possible C43 lease - Help with my research

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mustang GT
Possible C43 lease - Help with my research

Hey guys and gals, so I'm currently researching my next purchase to replace my daily driver. I recently went through unloading my weekend vehicle in order to make room for change since I get bored with cars easily.

Heres my history: Im an enthusiast but not a hardcore track guy. I've owned a 350z then a 370z and my previous weekend vehicle was a 2015 Mustang GT. Also owned a bunch of basic sedans during this transition as a DD. All vehicles were bought new and kept for a year or two then sold. Loved every one of them and never had any issues.

Cutrently own a MDX which will go to wife and I'm planning on leasing either a C43 or S4. My question is is it a good DD? I know it's a bit small but I'm 6' and 180lbs and I don't want to feel crammed inside being that I plan on using it everyday.

How is reliability on these vehicles? I'm fine with minimal BS that every vehicle now a days suffers from that relates to quality control but am I looking at a very sensitive and finickie vehicle?

What kind of honest suggestions can you give me being that you all own this beautiful machine currently. I welcome all feedback and opinion. Thank you everyone.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:31 PM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Originally Posted by Sammzway
Hey guys and gals, so I'm currently researching my next purchase to replace my daily driver. I recently went through unloading my weekend vehicle in order to make room for change since I get bored with cars easily.

Heres my history: Im an enthusiast but not a hardcore track guy. I've owned a 350z then a 370z and my previous weekend vehicle was a 2015 Mustang GT. Also owned a bunch of basic sedans during this transition as a DD. All vehicles were bought new and kept for a year or two then sold. Loved every one of them and never had any issues.

Cutrently own a MDX which will go to wife and I'm planning on leasing either a C43 or S4. My question is is it a good DD? I know it's a bit small but I'm 6' and 180lbs and I don't want to feel crammed inside being that I plan on using it everyday.

How is reliability on these vehicles? I'm fine with minimal BS that every vehicle now a days suffers from that relates to quality control but am I looking at a very sensitive and finickie vehicle?

What kind of honest suggestions can you give me being that you all own this beautiful machine currently. I welcome all feedback and opinion. Thank you everyone.
Hey, I think you'll really enjoy the C43. I have the coupe variant and it's about as roomy as your Mustang GT for a guy of your dimensions. Do you have a preference for sedan or coupe? It will be a good daily driver and a nice track day car given its Jekyll and Hyde personality. The latest S4 has been applauded as a wonderful machine as well, but a lot of people feel like doesn't quite have the personality that the C43 has. I've cited the below article several times. http://www.evo.co.uk/audi/s4/19065/a...-sports-saloon

If you need a daily driver immediately, I'd say you get the C43. If you can wait a year or so, check out the G20 3-Series because the M340i is supposed to be a weapon. Either way, I personally skip the Audi if there is a new 3 series coming out or a better immediate competitor...everytime.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:38 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Too many
both will be great cars for DD
I owned the previous generation S4 and I loved it , and recently test drove the new one and i was very impressed
I have driven the c43 multiple times including on the track at AMG school and I think it is a great car
I agree that C43 have more character
I have owned multiple car brands over the years including several MB products and they are solid
also my S4 which I kept for a year had zero issues
BMW are the worst as far reliability
Old 06-08-2017, 11:21 AM

Received 183 Likes on 143 Posts
2017 C43
I've never had a major issue yet since i got mine back in October. By major, i mean nothing where i'd have to leave the car overnight at the dealership. I almost brought it in for a CEL, but then believe it or not, I completely forgot the "check the gas cap", haha! So, when i got to the service dept. i turned the engine off, opened and closed the gas cap, CEL gone! That was it. The only thing i would really advise anyone getting this car as a DD specially on a lease is get the no charge option wheels. Shelf it, replace them with whatever your heart desires, with non runflat tires. Get an emergency flat tire kit, with an air compressor and keep it in the trunk. When the lease is up put the oem back on like new! The runflats that these come with are unforgiving... but, it is a great DD. It'll keep you grinning with or without a tune... good luck with your choice!
Old 06-08-2017, 08:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017c43amg
I'm coming from a 2015 mustang. Similar room in the front seat as far a space goes but the car feels smaller around you mostly bc of the much shorter hood in front of you. Big step up in cabin luxury while still looking sporty. C43 DD better than the mustang in sport and comfort. Sport + feels like the mustang lowered. I got rid of the mustang bc I needed a backseat for a child seat, new baby. You won't loose much in the way of performance and it still sounds pretty great. I gotta say I get much worst mpg in the c43 in sport plus than the mustang gt. I think C43 is nicer than the s4 but that's subjective. I also like that it's rear wheel bias. You ll appreciate that coming from a rear wheel mustang. You will still miss rear wheel drive if you liked kicking the rear end out every once in a while.

Last edited by Al.B.43; 06-08-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Mustang GT
Thank you all for the feedback and helpful tips. Sounds like everyone loves their C43 and rightfully so. Yeah I always swap my oem tires for continental DWS when I lease a car then throw the oem back on when it's time to return. I personally love DWS tires.

I've been trying to build one on mbusa.com and try to match it to the local dealer inventory and seems like they're very rare. Most dealers within 75 miles radius have a limited inventory without the performance exhaust.

For all my friends with a car seat, how hard is it to loan and unload your kid(s)? I'll be sticking 2 car seats in the back, one rear facing and one front. My two little girls were one of the reasons why I had to unload my GT too.
Old 06-09-2017, 05:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017c43amg
Originally Posted by Sammzway
Thank you all for the feedback and helpful tips. Sounds like everyone loves their C43 and rightfully so. Yeah I always swap my oem tires for continental DWS when I lease a car then throw the oem back on when it's time to return. I personally love DWS tires.

I've been trying to build one on mbusa.com and try to match it to the local dealer inventory and seems like they're very rare. Most dealers within 75 miles radius have a limited inventory without the performance exhaust.

For all my friends with a car seat, how hard is it to loan and unload your kid(s)? I'll be sticking 2 car seats in the back, one rear facing and one front. My two little girls were one of the reasons why I had to unload my GT too.
im 6' and I wouldn't be very comfortable with a rear facing car seat behind me. Maybe a front facing would be fine but haven't tried. I just have the 1 rearfacing seat behind my passenger seat and my 5' 10" wife isn't real comfortable siting in the front, she likes to recline, but it is doable. A shorter driver might be fine. It is easy to unload and load baby from rear facing though.