C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

8.4 inch screen no display

Old 06-06-2017, 06:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c43
8.4 inch screen no display

Started up my car to make the drive home from the office and my 8.4 inch screen is not displaying anything. I already had a service appointment scheduled to deal with some cosmetic issues I got going on, guess I will just add this to the list. A tad disappointing considering I have only had the car 10 days.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
17 Mercedes C43 | 17 Porsche Macan S | Evo IX MR
get ready for a ton of problems, hopefully you've leased it.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Have you tried hitting the screen power button under the volume control on the center console?

Old 06-06-2017, 06:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by Halchka99
get ready for a ton of problems, hopefully you've leased it.
Why do you say that?? Every car manufacturer has it's glitches/problems but doesn't mean that it's gonna be a problem if you did buy it.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:11 PM

c43
Originally Posted by MASSC450
Have you tried hitting the screen power button under the volume control on the center console?

Thanks for the tip, when I jumped back in the car to hit the power button as you suggested, as soon as I hit the start/stop button the Nav display lit up with the AMG logo as normal. I had stopped and restarted the car at the office and did the same when I got home and the display never came on, I never opened and shut the door in either case. Weird that the display toggled off in the first place, weird that it toggled back on. When the display was not working, I could hit the radio button and change stations. Guess I will have to monitor. Thanks for the suggestion, I did not know about the screen power button, still working through that manual.

Last edited by Gidrow; 06-06-2017 at 07:14 PM.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Gidrow
Thanks for the tip, when I jumped back in the car to hit the power button as you suggested, as soon as I hit the start/stop button the Nav display lit up with the AMG logo as normal. I had stopped and restarted the car at the office and did the same when I got home and the display never came on, I never opened and shut the door in either case. Weird that the display toggled off in the first place, weird that it toggled back on. When the display was not working, I could hit the radio button and change stations. Guess I will have to monitor. Thanks for the suggestion, I did not know about the screen power button, still working through that manual.

Which shows that even the best of us jumps to the wrong conclusion, haha. It has its glitches and quirks but the car overall more than makes up for it. As you are just getting acquainted with the car, I would refrain from jumping to conclusions the moment a new issue comes up, atleast for the first 2 months or so.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:40 PM

c43
Originally Posted by munis
Which shows that even the best of us jumps to the wrong conclusion, haha. It has its glitches and quirks but the car overall more than makes up for it. As you are just getting acquainted with the car, I would refrain from jumping to conclusions the moment a new issue comes up, atleast for the first 2 months or so.
Yeah I was a bit quick to judge. My car is day 2 at the dealer addressing the other cosmetic issues. I was informed I need a new driver side window, a new seal around the sunroof due to a busted access tab, missing AMG badge. I was told worse case would be Tomorrow before car would be ready, pretty much banking on worse case. Got a C300 loaner until then.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:01 PM

c43
It is now day 6 that I have been without my new car. The last item is the passenger glass, which I have been strung along every day with the promise of it being ready the next. To add to my woes, I hit some debris from a blown out tire that caused damage to my loaner, then when I went to inspect the damage my iphone fell out of my shirt pocket and shattered the glass. I normally don't put my phone in my top pocket but had it there cause my loaner does not have NAV and I was using google maps.

Just the perfect storm generated to kick me off to the worse new car start ever.

I did have a chat with the general sales mgr today to express my frustrations and he is helping to calm down that perfect storm
Old 06-13-2017, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG

Hope things go better for you...
Old 06-22-2017, 12:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 AMG
I had this issue last week, it was just all black with a white/black static line on the right side. I took a photo of it for reference...even tried the power button on/off and it still didn't turn on or work.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:08 AM

c43
Sorry to hear you are having issues with your display. Did it come back the next time you went for a drive?

I have not had any issues with mine since that initial glitch, knock on wood.

I did have a HUD brightness issue that I ended up tracing back to a new set of sunglasses I purchased. Took me a second to connect the dots on that one, lol.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:11 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
On three occasions I have started the car and been presented with an all black screen. The first time it happened I toggled the power button with no results. Then I shut the car off and restarted. Still no joy. Drove it for about one minute and the screen displayed the AMG logo and then went through the warning about command and then switched to the radio display. The next two times I just drove on and the scree came on with the same behavior.

The major frustration is that the camera displays don't work either and I need to turn my head to both sides.

I assume that the problem is with the command software, but will have it diagnosed when I take it in for one of the recalls.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Porsche 981S Ferrari 328GTS MB AMG C43 Lunar Blue Sedan
We had an all black screen on our car. Nothing would turn it back on. Brought it in to the dealer they checked the software and they replaced the screen. Knock on wood, no issues since.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:06 AM

2017 C43 sedan
Have experienced the same failure I described above three times this week so I am not waiting and will be taking it to the dealer today
Old 07-07-2017, 09:11 AM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
A couple times I've had mine lock up when pressing the voice button (just shows the "working" popup indefinitely).

You can reboot the system by holding down the eject button next to the DVD slot for about 10 seconds. That fixed the problem in my case, but still, it's sad to see all of these glitches.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:48 AM

2017 C43 sedan
Yep.

Mine goes in on Wednesday. Assume they will just reload Command software though it could be that a signal is not getting to the system on engine start.

Will post the resolution next week.
Old 07-07-2017, 09:53 AM

2017 C43 sedan
Of course there may not be a resolution since it is an intermittent problem and those are the most difficult to fix.