Sponsored by:

Careful with 2018 c43 orders.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 03:02 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe
Careful with 2018 c43 orders.

Dealer just called me and said a bunch of changes have to be made to my order so they can process it and put it through. No carbon fiber trim, no studio performance package / night package (new to the 18s), certain packages with the NAV and infotainment system etc. First productions of a new year are limited in options, just the way merc does it. Kinda pissed, spending all this money and can't even get what you want. I might pull out and find another car altogether even know the c43 is exactly what I'm looking for in terms of performance and luxury. Don't feel like waiting until nov/dec (possibly later) to get this car. So be careful and check with your dealer if you custom ordered a 18 c43.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 665 Likes on 523 Posts
c
That is unfortunate. Especially on night/studio packages.

Might as well get a 17 leftover for 15% off.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:49 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by Vincent Aiosa
First productions of a new year are limited in options, just the way merc does it. Kinda pissed, spending all this money and can't even get what you want. I might pull out and find another car altogether even know the c43 is exactly what I'm looking for in terms of performance and luxury. Don't feel like waiting until nov/dec (possibly later) to get this car. So be careful and check with your dealer if you custom ordered a 18 c43.
MB must have changed from last year. I custom ordered my C43 with pretty much everything and even made a couple of changes. It was very early production and had to wait for the EPA release for delivery.

Getting exactly the car I wanted was worth the wait.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by alexasa

Might as well get a 17 leftover for 15% off.
Or wait until this time next year and get 15% or more off a 2018.

By then, the new redesigned BMW 3 Series will be coming out in the Fall, giving the C43 some competition for the buying public.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:12 AM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Biggreenogg
MB must have changed from last year. I custom ordered my C43 with pretty much everything and even made a couple of changes. It was very early production and had to wait for the EPA release for delivery.

Getting exactly the car I wanted was worth the wait.
Their new option "AMG Studio Performance Package" is new and was showcased at the car shows. That's one of the options I highly want and knowing it's available but can't actually get it yet sucks. Working with my dealer to see how long MB is waiting to throw that option into production. I don't get how they can advertise it and allow me to build it then turn around and say no sorry it's not available yet.

Had the similar problem with the new S5 SB, I want the black optics package and it's not available. Gonna go look at the ATS-V today and maybe go back to BMW again.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 AMG C43 Sedan
[QUOTE=Vincent Aiosa;7187949]Their new option "AMG Studio Performance Package" is new and was showcased at the car shows. That's one of the options I highly want and knowing it's available but can't actually get it yet sucks. Working with my dealer to see how long MB is waiting to throw that option into production. I don't get how they can advertise it and allow me to build it then turn around and say no sorry it's not available yet.

What is included with the AMG Studio Performance Package? Are there any other changes on the 2018 model?
Old 06-22-2017, 02:32 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C43
[QUOTE=SoCalC43;7188097]
Originally Posted by Vincent Aiosa
Their new option "AMG Studio Performance Package" is new and was showcased at the car shows. That's one of the options I highly want and knowing it's available but can't actually get it yet sucks. Working with my dealer to see how long MB is waiting to throw that option into production. I don't get how they can advertise it and allow me to build it then turn around and say no sorry it's not available yet.

What is included with the AMG Studio Performance Package? Are there any other changes on the 2018 model?
It sounds like it's basically just the night package plus a black grill and the AMG steering wheel. I'd like to get that grill.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 AMG C43 Sedan
[QUOTE=Lionel_Hutz;7188230]
Originally Posted by SoCalC43

It sounds like it's basically just the night package plus a black grill and the AMG steering wheel. I'd like to get that grill.
The black grill would be really cool. I'm thinking about plasti-dipping mine.
Old 06-23-2017, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe (on order)
Just joined here and wanted to share my info...First time (soon-to-be) M-B owner after years of BMWs and Acuras. Spoke to my salesman today and he let me know that my '18 C43 coupe is already built and waiting to ship from Germany. Selinite Gray w/ AMG studio, multimedia, advanced lighting and drivers assist pkgs. Placed order on 4/10--had no issues with M-B accepting the order. I'm assuming the problems folks are having here are with the sedans? Best of luck regardless...
Old 06-23-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 Lexus IS350 F Sport AWD Sedan, 2018 Mercedes Benz C43 AMG Coupe
I also placed an order for the c43 coupe..coming in 2-3 months. I wish I got the pricing though. Does anyone know when the pricing will come out?

Last edited by mbcargojl; 07-24-2017 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Changed order
Old 06-23-2017, 06:28 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
UPDATE

Went back to the dealer to sort things out. Seems that my original allocation was already taken and my dealer made the mistake of not seeing the error. We pushed it back to a 9/1/17 production. Expecting to take delivery at the end of September.

My car is a coupe as well, but keep in mind they aren't scheduled to pass the 18 c43 until August the earliest, so even if you placed the order back in April and it's being shipped, it'll sit at a yard until govt passes it.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe (on order)
The word I received about expected delivery was the M-B designated model release date isn't until the beginning August and should see my car a few weeks after that. Whether that includes the certification or not, didn't come up in the conversation. ...we will see, but at least it'll be here and I got what I wanted.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:08 PM

2018 C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by ViperMX
The word I received about expected delivery was the M-B designated model release date isn't until the beginning August and should see my car a few weeks after that. Whether that includes the certification or not, didn't come up in the conversation. ...we will see, but at least it'll be here and I got what I wanted.
Agreed man, I didn't want to settle for what was available, few things missing from each 17 c43 I've seen. Glad I custom ordered it, just sucks I have to wait until end of September to get it.

I have two weeks until the build goes red and locks. I'm still stuck on an exterior color. I may have to just disregard what friends say and go white. With all the black and carbon fiber trim and accents on the car, it's a great contrast.