MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 681 Likes on 536 Posts
c
Welcome back Sir.

Hope all is well.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
C43
Thanks for the review. I'd be nervous as hell running that thing on top of an ECU tune. You could be running 10 psi+ over stock and well outside the range that your tuner planned for.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:02 PM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S
I'm curious about others' experience with the below statement from the review:

"Similar to the OE tune, the burble that we have come to know and love from the c450 was not as prevalent when the unit is set to sport+ or Race mode. However, if you run the unit stock, the burble does present itself once again."

Lessening the burble frequency or removing completely was initially one of my primary concerns with getting the Dinan unit. I ended up pulling the trigger on it and have noticed that I do still have the burble, but it's kind of tough to determine whether the frequency has lessened. I have been running the Dinan exclusively in Race mode so far.

I haven't had a chance to play around much yet with the different modes and experiment with burble frequency. Curious what others have noticed after some time using the Dinan in different modes and driving styles as it relates to the burble. I recall from some old threads on the Dinan units there didn't seem to be consensus as to how the unit was affecting the burble.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:47 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
I have the Dinan unit on my GLC43 and I have not noticed the sound change at all, and I am always driving the GLC in the different modes from Comfort, Sport and Sport+.. I briefly used the Dinan default setting that was on Sport+ but after using switching to Race mode, I haven't went back.

IMHO, I definitely noticed the small improvement of power. Comfort mode is more enjoyable especially in race mode. Eliminates the need to have to use Sport when getting on it. I can keep it in Comfort and it feels like Sport when I am cruising around town with my son and wife in the truck. Sport+ w/ Race mode feels awesome. I know it's not going to have the power delivery of the EC, AMR or OE tunes but in due time, I will get one of those tunes.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by DameMD
I have the Dinan unit on my GLC43 and I have not noticed the sound change at all, and I am always driving the GLC in the different modes from Comfort, Sport and Sport+.. I briefly used the Dinan default setting that was on Sport+ but after using switching to Race mode, I haven't went back.

IMHO, I definitely noticed the small improvement of power. Comfort mode is more enjoyable especially in race mode. Eliminates the need to have to use Sport when getting on it. I can keep it in Comfort and it feels like Sport when I am cruising around town with my son and wife in the truck. Sport+ w/ Race mode feels awesome. I know it's not going to have the power delivery of the EC, AMR or OE tunes but in due time, I will get one of those tunes.
How is the response from 1st gear in S? Is it smooth on take off? I'm thinking of moving the Dinan from the C450 over to the GLC43.

Last edited by Mr. J; 06-21-2017 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:53 AM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 c43 AMG Coupe
Your review says, "Similar to the OE tune, the burble that we have come to know and love from the c450 was not as prevalent when the unit is set to sport+ or Race mode."

For the record I have the OE tune stage 2 with Weistec dps and AWE Track and I get tons of backfire/burble when downshifting or spooling up and letting off the gas. Plus the upshifts sound like a mini explosion when on the gas.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:18 AM

Received 73 Likes on 62 Posts
2016 c450 / 2016 VW Jetta 1.8t / 2006 Wrangler X
Originally Posted by alextoto25
For the record I have the OE tune stage 2 with Weistec dps and AWE Track and I get tons of backfire/burble when downshifting or spooling up and letting off the gas. Plus the upshifts sound like a mini explosion when on the gas.
I think your talking apples and oranges here. Do you realize your back of house is basically straight metal tubes? Your exhaust system has less obstructions than a... A, uh... Come back to me I'll figure out something that is very wide open and minimally offensive to finish this comparison. Your engine is always going to sound like the Earth is dying ever time you rev in past 4k and let off. Goddamn that thing must be loud.

On a side note, if you duct out your exhaust out the side, behind the front wheel a la SLR, you will be my hero.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:15 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 c43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by cenzo86
I think your talking apples and oranges here. Do you realize your back of house is basically straight metal tubes? Your exhaust system has less obstructions than a... A, uh... Come back to me I'll figure out something that is very wide open and minimally offensive to finish this comparison. Your engine is always going to sound like the Earth is dying ever time you rev in past 4k and let off. Goddamn that thing must be loud.

On a side note, if you duct out your exhaust out the side, behind the front wheel a la SLR, you will be my hero.
lol. I'm mental I know. My build is not for the faint heart