C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Assistance: Anyone experience a whistling noise with their A/C?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 C43
Need Assistance: Anyone experience a whistling noise with their A/C?

Has anyone experienced any whistling noise with the A/C whenever you aim the vents only towards the floor while the fan speed is on high?

My dealer's Service Manager told me it was a characteristic of the car, however I was not able replicate this issue on any other C Class (Two loaners) nor by my service advisor on another C43.

I've contacted MB Customer support and they spoke with the service manager regarding the issue, called me back three weeks later and basically reiterated the same story claiming it was a "characteristic" of the car. When asked if they had sent a MB rep out there, they said no and only rely on the opinion of the manager.

Now they are expecting me to accept the noise and refusing to fix the underlying issue. MB has offered me a free car payment for the trouble.

I appreciate any assistance or feedback you guys can give me.

Last edited by ATXC43; 06-26-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by ATXC43
Has anyone experienced any whistling noise with the A/C whenever you aim the vents only towards the floor while the fan speed is on high?

My dealer's Service Manager told me it was a characteristic of the car, however I was not able replicate this issue on any other C Class (Two loaners) nor by my service advisor on another C43.

I've contacted MB Customer support and spoke the service manager regarding the issue, called me back three weeks later and basically reiterated the same story claiming it was a "characteristic" of the car. When asked if they had sent a MB rep out there, they said no and only rely on the opinion of the manager.

Now they are expecting me to accept the noise and refusing to fix the underlying issue. MB has offered me a free car payment for the trouble.

I appreciate any assistance or feedback you guys can give me.
If no other vehicle does it, and they always try to use that "well all the other cars on the lot do it" to avoid fixing something, I think the answer is clear!
Use their logic against them.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:49 PM

2017 C43
I did. I told them I don't want a car that has a characteristic, which means its different from the norm. I want one that basically works the way it should.

Originally Posted by auditoamg
If no other vehicle does it, and they always try to use that "well all the other cars on the lot do it" to avoid fixing something, I think the answer is clear!
Use their logic against them.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:04 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 AMG C43
I had the same problem one day and I found the vent was not open all the way? I turned knob and it was gone?
Old 06-27-2017, 07:55 AM

2017 C43
Originally Posted by 2017C43
I had the same problem one day and I found the vent was not open all the way? I turned knob and it was gone?
I've checked all the knobs and they are all open. Also the car was at the dealer for a month and the dealer wasn't able to fix the problem. They know the noise is there, but has no idea how to fix it.