Sponsored by:

Dashcam - Vantrue n2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 11:53 AM

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
A Benz and a BMW
Dashcam - Vantrue n2

A few of my friends have recently invested in installing a dashcam in their vehicles. Is anyone else running one in here? If so, have you ever actually used footage for insurance purposes?

I recently picked up a Vantrue n2 from Amazon and I find it to be pretty nice camera. Dual lenses on one device is nice...front visibility is great but back visibility is limited to what the camera can see through the back windshield....which is not much at all. As for mountaing, I have the Driver Assist Package with adaptive cruise etc, so I have very little space to play with near the rearview mirror. I've mounted the cam directly to the right of the electronics attached to the rearview. Anyone found a better place to mount the camera on the windshield? Wiring was easier than I thought it would be, hiding the cable under the passenger visor and pushing the cable under the A pillar fold was pretty simple. It sucks that I can't close my cup holder though now that the cig lighter has a device plugged in to it.
The following users liked this post:
louis loui (10-13-2017)
Old 10-13-2017, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porche
Smile Vantrue n2 pro

There is a new model called Vantrue n2 pro which is better. You can purchase it at AliExpress:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/deep_l...rt_key=v7iybaA

https://aliexpressfavorite.blogspot.co.il

For more specs and compare videos: https://aliexpressfavorite.blogspot....ns-dasham.html
Attached Files
Old 10-13-2017, 06:40 PM

Received 113 Likes on 82 Posts
c43 Amg coupe
The pro is available on Amazon also

Amazon Amazon
Old 10-13-2017, 08:27 PM

Received 381 Likes on 244 Posts
I've installed both rear-facing and front-facing Vicovation Opia2 dashcams my C43. Fortunately, I've not had to use them for any insurance claims. I also installed an auxiliary battery (isolated by a voltage-sensitive relay and connected via a Multi-Safer) in order to support the parking-mode operation of both cameras for up to 12 hours or until the battery is 50% drained, whichever comes first (normally, the 12 hours).

I've had the cameras installed for almost 5 months and am very happy with their features, the way they operate, and the video quality. The only downside is that the setups were not inexpensive, even though I did all the installs myself.

Last edited by user33; 11-19-2017 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Get a Blackvue or Thinkware and be done with it.

I have a Thinkware F770 and just used the footage for insurance on a hit & run. From the car, I could connect to WiFi with my cell phone and see exactly what happened and who the person was. On my way out of the parking garage, I actually ran into the guy I saw on the footage and got his insurance information. As soon as his insurance saw the footage, they accepted full liability and are paying for everything, no questions asked. Completely avoided the "he said vs he said" pissing contest and straight to getting the car fixed. A few years ago, got in a car accident that was 100% the other guy's fault, but he blatantly lied to his insurance about what happened and it was a long drawn out process. Never again. Dashcams on all my cars.