Sponsored by:

C43 VS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:58 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Well, under the objective theory of contracts, you show the issue: it is reasonably susceptible of more than one meaning, and as a trap for the unwary either excludes any vehicle with more than 5,000 miles, or limits the AMR warranty to such.

How cool is that?

Either way, it is not for me. Dinan is your daddy!

Tactical semantic am-big-u-ity, the enemy of you and me!
Old 08-04-2017, 11:40 AM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by CFG
Well, under the objective theory of contracts, you show the issue: it is reasonably susceptible of more than one meaning, and as a trap for the unwary either excludes any vehicle with more than 5,000 miles, or limits the AMR warranty to such.

How cool is that?

Either way, it is not for me. Dinan is your daddy!

Tactical semantic am-big-u-ity, the enemy of you and me!
I suppose, but regardless that is 30k miles of warrantied 100 more hp! I don't see Dinan offering anything near that. I like power and quality products, so I think I will stick with my tuner. Good luck with your car!
Old 08-04-2017, 11:46 AM
Former Member

CLS
Well, diversity makes the world twirl. You could always claim the limits are void for vagueness under Magnuson-Moss and have a lifetime warranty!

Dinan's Elite is due soon!

Me, I'd rather have a clear and unambiguous warranty and fewer horsepower.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes E63 AMG
Originally Posted by ShazV6
Lmao, playing games? I get that AMR advertised those numbers, but still have yet to see one quicker than Eurocharge. They posted slips of the c450 they tuned that ran a 11.9 @ 119 mph. Best from OE and AMR is 12.2 @ 116. Granted i remember a member saying his friend with the AMR tune ran a 11.9. But paying half the price from Eurocharge and getting the same or better results i would rather go with them plus they offer an engine warranty. I plan on taking mine to the track as well.
This is make sense. Members tell you they went 11's with an AMR tune .. you question it but then Eurocharge puts up a random slip, no pictures of the car, no videos and also mentions a 50 shot of nitrous in the same thread and you go "THEY GOT BETTER RESULTS" LMAO!

Not to discredit Eurocharge and this nothing against them, but I rather believe a company who has customers claiming the same if not better results then they have as well as ACTUAL videos and pictures on the car. Putting up a random time slip, then GHOSTING on the thread shows no credibility.

Why don't you take YOUR car to the track and prove what YOU are saying. Just me .02.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Former Member

CLS
Then there's that whole scary episode with eurocharged a few years back....
Old 08-04-2017, 01:13 PM

Mercedes E63 AMG
Originally Posted by CFG
Well, diversity makes the world twirl. You could always claim the limits are void for vagueness under Magnuson-Moss and have a lifetime warranty!

Dinan's Elite is due soon!

Me, I'd rather have a clear and unambiguous warranty and fewer horsepower.
Well good luck with your unambiguous warranty lol

I guess that means your factory warranty is BS as well
Old 08-04-2017, 01:16 PM
Former Member

CLS
Originally Posted by Blacked out E63
Well good luck with your unambiguous warranty lol

I guess that means your factory warranty is BS as well
Well, I don't think that rationally follows: my MB warranty, from my perspective, is reasonably free from ambiguity whereas the AMR thing, to me after forty years experience, isn't.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:24 PM

Mercedes E63 AMG
Originally Posted by CFG
Well, I don't think that rationally follows: my MB warranty, from my perspective, is reasonably free from ambiguity whereas the AMR thing, to me after forty years experience, isn't.
Forty years experience with what? Warranty?

They are claiming if the vehicle has a failure due to their tune they will warranty it. They are claiming for your vehicle to apply to this warranty you need 5000 miles or less on your odometer when doing the upgrade. They also claim exceptions will be made to contact them.

How clear do you want it to be?

Did you bother reading anyone else's warranty?

After seeing your obsession with DINAN (you making claims but no research), you just seem like one of those guys who doesn't like to be able to "touch" there tune.

Lets not go with something that is proven and done by engineers, I rather go with a piece of plastic made in Japan that I can use an app and play with myself.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:26 PM
Former Member

CLS
Flap, hiss, flap, hiss.

I was in a profession before you crapped in diapers.

As they say in Mexico, AMF! (Adios, my friend)
Old 08-04-2017, 01:33 PM

Mercedes E63 AMG
Originally Posted by CFG
Flap, hiss, flap, hiss.

I was in a profession before you crapped in diapers.

As they say in Mexico, AMF! (Adios, my friend)

Okay ...
Old 08-04-2017, 02:44 PM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
This is make sense. Members tell you they went 11's with an AMR tune .. you question it but then Eurocharge puts up a random slip, no pictures of the car, no videos and also mentions a 50 shot of nitrous in the same thread and you go "THEY GOT BETTER RESULTS" LMAO!

Not to discredit Eurocharge and this nothing against them, but I rather believe a company who has customers claiming the same if not better results then they have as well as ACTUAL videos and pictures on the car. Putting up a random time slip, then GHOSTING on the thread shows no credibility.

Why don't you take YOUR car to the track and prove what YOU are saying. Just me .02.
Guy,

I actually do plan on taking my car to the track. BUT i wont go when its 90 degrees here in NYC. Car is just going to heat soak and my times will be ****ty.

Clearly you cannot read. Sorry man, but if YOU re-read their post they noted that the same person added a 50 shot AFTER.

And yes i will take Eurocharge words because guess what they actually do have a time slip, does anyone else you know of have one with an 11.xx time slip?? If so, please provide. They are one of the most reputable tuning companies on this board. I would be glad to see these cars run 11.xx with any of the tuning companies out their because it will show the potential of these cars engines.

I am trying to help out other forum members out here who is on the fence about getting their most bang for their buck.

Prior to purchasing a tune wouldn't you want to know which tune you get the most out of?

800 OE, 1600 Eurocharge, 2,000 AMR.

Granted OE could perform the best and you get the most power or the same for Eurocharge. I got mine on sale for 800. Now why would someone want to pay 2k opposed to 800 but yield the same quarter mile time and mph just because one graph shows different yet at the track they are all the same or similar?

Like i said, with proof given from Eurocharge themselves they seem to provide the fastest with the tune. Granted that can change depending on when those drivers can take their car to the track with the other tune.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:45 PM

17' C43 Coupe
Also, guys could we keep the thread on topic. A lot of un-related posts have been going on. Lets keep things civil in here. We are all mature... atleast i hope.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:37 PM

Mercedes E63 AMG
Guy,

I actually do plan on taking my car to the track. BUT i wont go when its 90 degrees here in NYC. Car is just going to heat soak and my times will be ****ty.

Clearly you cannot read. Sorry man, but if YOU re-read their post they noted that the same person added a 50 shot AFTER.

And yes i will take Eurocharge words because guess what they actually do have a time slip, does anyone else you know of have one with an 11.xx time slip?? If so, please provide. They are one of the most reputable tuning companies on this board. I would be glad to see these cars run 11.xx with any of the tuning companies out their because it will show the potential of these cars engines.

I am trying to help out other forum members out here who is on the fence about getting their most bang for their buck.

Prior to purchasing a tune wouldn't you want to know which tune you get the most out of?

800 OE, 1600 Eurocharge, 2,000 AMR.

Granted OE could perform the best and you get the most power or the same for Eurocharge. I got mine on sale for 800. Now why would someone want to pay 2k opposed to 800 but yield the same quarter mile time and mph just because one graph shows different yet at the track they are all the same or similar?

Like i said, with proof given from Eurocharge themselves they seem to provide the fastest with the tune. Granted that can change depending on when those drivers can take their car to the track with the other tune.

From what I have seen on this forum, 3/4 of the people on here are AMR customer's with no complaints.

I followed your comments in that thread you are speaking about, as well as eurocharge sale thread. The ONLY reason you chose them, was because of the LOW PRICE of $800 sale ... lmao ... not because of performance. So who are you kidding. The minute they mentioned 800 dollars for the tune your comments were as follows:

"Jake i pm'd back. I wish you all had a location in NY/NJ/PA/CT. You need one here!!"

And let's not even get into the other comments made in that same sale thread.....

Also, if you look, do some research, you drive a Mercedes, Their is a post on c450amg.com in which they dyno'd compared all the brands with AMR's tune showing it was making more power then others in more extreme temperatures.

I also love how you wont take your car to the track because its too hot but meanwhile the AMR 12.2 was done in 98 degree weather you tend to bring up constantly. Are you waiting for cooler weather in hopes that your car will perform better?

I personally CAN NOT WAIT for you to take your car to the track and post up your slip WITH videos of your car so we can all put this conversation to rest.

I agree, lets just stay on topic.
Old 08-04-2017, 03:38 PM

Mercedes E63 AMG
Also, guys could we keep the thread on topic. A lot of un-related posts have been going on. Lets keep things civil in here. We are all mature... atleast i hope.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:09 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C43
Clearly we need to change the title of the thread because you guys killed it....
Old 08-04-2017, 10:08 PM

17' C43 Coupe
The same i could say with Eurocharge as i have only seen one person with a complaint about the Eurocharge tune on here.. everyone else is pretty happy with it so what point are you trying to make?

AND if you read clearly i was wary at first in regards to getting the tune due to the first person who remarked issues and once they noted the 11.xx run i purchase it based off of their word and their customers time slips. And of course i went for it because of the price i mean it was the first post in the thread dude lmaoo. Sure you read that thread properly? I don't think so my man. Now i can get down pipes as well with a re- tune and still pay less than the tune from AMR. Thats a no brainer for me. As a returning customer from Eurocharge of course i would take their word. And their customer ran their car in hot temperature as well in tx

If i had a track locally to me like others do i would go every weekend. But i won't travel close to two hours one way knowing the weather will be ****ty for no reason. Not gonna happen. Also, another member posted the same 12.2 in his AMR tune and his temp was not 98. Maybe you should look that up too, no?

And i personality cannot wait either to head to the track to put this to rest. Care to join me and videoing me running my car? I won't be able to video it (no Gopro)

Bring your c43 and lets run for ****s and giggles no? All part of the fun for me. Nothing personal, just my competitive instinct in me

From what I have seen on this forum, 3/4 of the people on here are AMR customer's with no complaints.

I followed your comments in that thread you are speaking about, as well as eurocharge sale thread. The ONLY reason you chose them, was because of the LOW PRICE of $800 sale ... lmao ... not because of performance. So who are you kidding. The minute they mentioned 800 dollars for the tune your comments were as follows:

"Jake i pm'd back. I wish you all had a location in NY/NJ/PA/CT. You need one here!!"

And let's not even get into the other comments made in that same sale thread.....

Also, if you look, do some research, you drive a Mercedes, Their is a post on c450amg.com in which they dyno'd compared all the brands with AMR's tune showing it was making more power then others in more extreme temperatures.

I also love how you wont take your car to the track because its too hot but meanwhile the AMR 12.2 was done in 98 degree weather you tend to bring up constantly. Are you waiting for cooler weather in hopes that your car will perform better?

I personally CAN NOT WAIT for you to take your car to the track and post up your slip WITH videos of your car so we can all put this conversation to rest.

I agree, lets just stay on topic.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
For any of the top performing ecu tunes the differences in dyno testing method are going to be far greater than the actual differences in power to the ground. It's all splitting hairs at this point.

Who gives a **** if one tunes claims better number than another. This could just as easily be attributed to the dyno as it could to the tune. And a couple of tenths on a slip is just as likely the driver as it is the tune.

For a purchase like this you're far better off going with whatever company you trust and whichever one you have received the best service from in the past. Plus or minus 10-20hp on a dyno only matters to the marketing team and the fanboys.

If you have a top tier tune, stage 2, and dp, then the shoes on your feet and the meal you ate for breakfast are probably going to have a bigger impact on your 1/4 mile time than the name of the tuner.

So, kill story for today....
I was driving my GLC43 this morning up a very steep two lane hill with minimal side access and a decent twist at the top with an odd bank to it. I love to speed up that thing and I do it pretty much every day. I always leave early and traffic is pretty sparse still at 0600.

Well, today I was brutally murdered by an F-type SVT vert. He overtook me at 92mph in 3rd gear about 200 yards before the crest of the hill. I had to back off before the banked curve. I caught up with him later at a stoplight and commented on his car. The F type really is a gorgeous ride. Told him next time we'll have to try it with my sedan and make it a closer match. He seemed a bit surprised how quick I pulled up that hill in the GLC. She does have some giddy-up, even bone stock. But she's not quite a match for a top of the line F-type V8.

Last edited by Mr. J; 08-05-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
c63 amg 2010
Doubt anything performance wise. BUT she crackles and pops sooo much more. I love it. One of the best things i did to the car.

Do you have a youtube sound clip of your resonator delete ?
Old 08-05-2017, 09:12 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Mr. J
Do you mean louder? I don't think the res delete is going to change the flow characteristics significantly.

How is the drone specifically?

I have a C450 and a GLC43. The GLC43 is quite a bit quieter than the 450. I'm contemplating a res delete on it but that vehicle is our road trip car. I definitely don't want to introduce a bunch of drone at hwy speed. I would like to hear the exhaust sing a little louder though.
Actually, Shaz is correct. I looked into getting a secondary cat delete done on my coupe, only to find out that there are no secondary cats. I opted to get the resonator removed instead. All I can say is, wow! It totally transformed the car.

The best way to describe the difference is that all the dynamic modes have received a sound upgrade. For example, comfort with the exhausts open sound like sport mode with the exhausts open. It's probably 20-30% louder under WOT (pops and crackles a lot more too), and I have not yet noticed much drone at all (which was my biggest concern). I'm going to continue to monitor the sound for a few weeks because I haven't had the chance to take it for an extended cruise. If I change my mind about the volume, I will get an x-pipe installed.
Old 08-06-2017, 05:32 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by Mr. J
So, kill story for today....
I was driving my GLC43 this morning up a very steep two lane hill with minimal side access and a decent twist at the top with an odd bank to it. I love to speed up that thing and I do it pretty much every day. I always leave early and traffic is pretty sparse still at 0600.

Well, today I was brutally murdered by an F-type SVT vert. He overtook me at 92mph in 3rd gear about 200 yards before the crest of the hill. I had to back off before the banked curve. I caught up with him later at a stoplight and commented on his car. The F type really is a gorgeous ride. Told him next time we'll have to try it with my sedan and make it a closer match. He seemed a bit surprised how quick I pulled up that hill in the GLC. She does have some giddy-up, even bone stock. But she's not quite a match for a top of the line F-type V8.
Glad you stated it was the SVR F-type. You shouldn't have any problems with a regular one with dual exhaust tips in the center. I had a cocky guy in a silver one pull beside me in a merger lane to rt50 thinking he was going to over take me from stop light to the ramp. I had no problem beating him from the stop light, to merger-on-ramp lane with no issue. I slowed down after merging on to the highway and dude pulled beside me in the left lane giving me the thumbs up. He then proceeded to WOT after that and I just let him go and went about my business.

Last edited by DameMD; 08-06-2017 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:36 AM

17' C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Tej7
Actually, Shaz is correct. I looked into getting a secondary cat delete done on my coupe, only to find out that there are no secondary cats. I opted to get the resonator removed instead. All I can say is, wow! It totally transformed the car.

The best way to describe the difference is that all the dynamic modes have received a sound upgrade. For example, comfort with the exhausts open sound like sport mode with the exhausts open. It's probably 20-30% louder under WOT (pops and crackles a lot more too), and I have not yet noticed much drone at all (which was my biggest concern). I'm going to continue to monitor the sound for a few weeks because I haven't had the chance to take it for an extended cruise. If I change my mind about the volume, I will get an x-pipe installed.
Thank you lol. It is def one of the best mods i did. Drone isnt there, but those crackles and pops are now! Opened up the exhaust as well. Everyone should do this mod on their non pe exhaust. You will be glad you did it!
Old 08-07-2017, 11:38 AM

17' C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Josephdl
Do you have a youtube sound clip of your resonator delete ?
Unfortunately i do not. I will try to make a video when i get a chance.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:39 PM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
C43 Coupe
Thank you lol. It is def one of the best mods i did. Drone isnt there, but those crackles and pops are now! Opened up the exhaust as well. Everyone should do this mod on their non pe exhaust. You will be glad you did it!
Only difference is I have the PE, my car now sounds closer to a v8 than a v6. My mileage has decreased a bit, but we all know why that is
Old 08-08-2017, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by DameMD
Glad you stated it was the SVR F-type. You shouldn't have any problems with a regular one with dual exhaust tips in the center. I had a cocky guy in a silver one pull beside me in a merger lane to rt50 thinking he was going to over take me from stop light to the ramp. I had no problem beating him from the stop light, to merger-on-ramp lane with no issue. I slowed down after merging on to the highway and dude pulled beside me in the left lane giving me the thumbs up. He then proceeded to WOT after that and I just let him go and went about my business.
I think it was actually the "R" not the "SVR". It had the quad exhausts separated by that wide diffuser, but no big gaudy wing on the back. The rumble was all V8 for sure.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:51 PM

Received 176 Likes on 104 Posts
2020 GLC 63
edit: not ready to give out info, sorry.

Last edited by 18bora; 08-12-2017 at 02:07 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C43 VS....