C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C43 Cab ventilated seats seem not to be?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 12:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C43 Cabriolet
New C43 Cab ventilated seats seem not to be?

Just picked up my new C43 Cabriolet on Monday. First time Mercedes owner here so forgive noob question. There are "supposedly" ventilated seats on this vehicle, but they don't seem to work?! I was driving yesterday in quite hot weather (mid 30's Celsius / sunny / humid) and had them on, couldn't feel a thing. I have the setting set to the 3 blue lights.

I've done a bit of quick searching and see other complaints on other Mercedes vehicles about ventilated seats not doing much, should I assume that's the case here (e.g. Make like there's no such thing)?

Annoying on a brand new car but if the design is generally poor, not going to waste my time worrying about it (4th cab, never had ventilated seats before!!!)
Old 08-03-2017, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Mercedes ventilated seats are a waste of money... they barely do anything compared to other car manufacturers.. my wife's toyota seats work much better
Old 08-03-2017, 09:04 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
I have them and they are almost useless.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts
Current: 2024 GLE350W4, 2016 Audi A8L Previous: 2019 C43W4
I have a couple of observations from using the ventilated seats. I'm on my second set of them and here's what I've learned:

1.) you're not going to notice significant cooling until the car is cooled down a bit--windows up, climate control on blasting
2.) the ventilation is FANTASTIC on longer trips--the steady airflow has a DEFINITE cooling effect (to the point I turn the heated seat on) if you have it running (in combo with the climate control) for 30 minutes + of driving
3.) when you first turn on the ventilation, the air is actually drawn INTO the seat. If memory serves me correctly, this idea is to wick moisture away from your body and create a drying effect--which, again, my not "feel" different initially

I'll likely continue to order the ventilated option as I will always be ordering leather interiors. I'd say they're worth the $450 incremental cost.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:53 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
Yes, I agree in the main.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:11 PM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Hi there, quick point, don't know if its been made yet. As is the case with other manufacturers like Audi and BMW, ventilating seats are in fact a different thing than cooling seats.

There is a misconception when they advertise the seats as heated/ventilated.

Here is the difference: Ventilated seats have been designed to in fact pull the air into the seat. The design thinking here was that it would pull away moisture from the body and refresh the air in that region.
Cooled seats blow cool air onto you. As far as I know this is not an option in Mercedes cars at this time.

In my opinion, I truly dislike this design and it is very misleading. It will make it feel as though there is no difference when in fact there is a minor difference occuring in the temp of the seat.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C43 Cabriolet
Thanks all! Glad I'm not going crazy. Not so glad this option is rather useless with the top down and hot weather.