Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DINAN WARRANTIED TUNE - TESTERS WANTED

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C400 4matic
I have no idea about the pricing and the gains of the elite and no, the app for the dinan sport unit will not be used for the dinan elite. What i cans is with the elite the acceleration is faster but at the same time the car feels smoother than on the dinan sport in race mode.
I have a C400 but I didn't see any interest for the dinan elite in the w205 subforum so i thought i'll post my review here.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:28 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by richardlay
I have no idea about the pricing and the gains of the elite and no, the app for the dinan sport unit will not be used for the dinan elite. What i cans is with the elite the acceleration is faster but at the same time the car feels smoother than on the dinan sport in race mode.
I have a C400 but I didn't see any interest for the dinan elite in the w205 subforum so i thought i'll post my review here.
Fair enough....

Do you plan to dyno your c400 anytime soon?

Also, no worries about driving a c400 and posting in here. I have a GLC43 and my forum is dead too so, I usually stick to the c43 forums for engine mods and tunes.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C400 4matic
i think dinan did a dyno on the car already but hasn't released any numbers yet. I'll post once i got the numbers.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:58 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 c43 coupe
This sudden influx of info is amazing! Hopefully you guys can provide some insight on exhaust sound/ release timeline and overall impressions of the tune
Old 08-23-2017, 06:01 PM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Interested to see more info regarding the Dinan Elite.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:03 AM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
I told you to wait....
Old 08-24-2017, 01:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
More info will be presented in the coming weeks. We are being a bit cautious on putting any numbers out into the retail sphere until we have had a chance to test a C43 (will be doing next week). Those results may cause us to change things a bit given the different baseline tuning (even if they are the same engine) from the C400 to the C450/C43. I will say that so far peak gains over SPORT are there, but nothing crazy. Where the ELITE is shining on the 3.0L is in the low end power in addition to just being a smoother power delivery from taking in more inputs than just boost.

Last edited by DinanCars; 08-24-2017 at 01:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
oofie810 (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 01:34 PM
Former Member

CLS
I'm interested in becoming a Canadian distributor....

I'll sell to hosers, only.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:42 PM

2017 c43 coupe
Originally Posted by DinanCars
More info will be presented in the coming weeks. We are being a bit cautious on putting any numbers out into the retail sphere until we have had a chance to test a C43 (will be doing next week). Those results may cause us to change things a bit given the different baseline tuning (even if they are the same engine) from the C400 to the C450/C43. I will say that so far peak gains over SPORT are there, but nothing crazy, over the SPORT unit. Where the ELITE is shining on the 3.0L is in the low end power in addition to just being a smoother power delivery from taking in more inputs than just boost.
Any tweaks to exhaust sound and transmission shift speed?

Any improvements to turbo lag?

Will we be able to turn tbe tune on/off remotely?

And do you see this unit becoming available in the next 3-4 weeks?

thank you for your great work btw
Old 08-24-2017, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW
Originally Posted by DinanCars
More info will be presented in the coming weeks. We are being a bit cautious on putting any numbers out into the retail sphere until we have had a chance to test a C43 (will be doing next week). Those results may cause us to change things a bit given the different baseline tuning (even if they are the same engine) from the C400 to the C450/C43. I will say that so far peak gains over SPORT are there, but nothing crazy, over the SPORT unit. Where the ELITE is shining on the 3.0L is in the low end power in addition to just being a smoother power delivery from taking in more inputs than just boost.
Pretty excited to see what happens to the car after next week. I haven't driven it a lot, maybe only 5 miles or so no real baseline for me (except for the drive to Dinan tomorrow).
Old 08-24-2017, 02:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
Originally Posted by 2017-c43-coupe
Any tweaks to exhaust sound and transmission shift speed?

Any improvements to turbo lag?

Will we be able to turn tbe tune on/off remotely?

And do you see this unit becoming available in the next 3-4 weeks?

thank you for your great work btw
No exhaust tweaks.

True transmission tuning would require access to the DME/TCU itself (flash software) but we do typically mess with fueling around shift points to improve the harshness that seemingly a lot of trannys have between gears without actually doing anything to the shifting itself. I'm no engineer but when they try to explain it to me it makes sense, lol.

As of right at this moment there is no remote way of turning it off and on (just a physical bypass box). The unit itself though has bluetooth built in to it. Its just a matter of doing the app for it to pair to . So short answer--- no, but in the future (hopefully by retail release), yes.

I do not see it available for the masses in 3-4 weeks. Just between validation on the C43 and getting retail production quantities of sub-components will take that amount of time. This also assumes we gamble a bit and order said pieces before the validation is done which is always risky. While development of all of our products is pretty long/rigorous, with a matching warranty product we try to be as ridiculously thorough as possible since there is a large monetary backlash possibility we would be on the hook for should something happen.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:20 PM
Former Member

CLS
Take your time, get it right.

About that distributorship....
Old 09-19-2017, 01:17 AM

2017 c43 coupe
Bump

Any updates?
Old 09-19-2017, 08:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Can't wait for this to come out...thank you Dinan!

What I would also like to see is improved/more robust connectors. I've disconnected my Dinantronics Sport off the stock pressure sensor a number of times when taking my C450 to the dealership, and the locking tab on the Dinan connector no longer functions as well as it did.

Last edited by MASSC450; 09-19-2017 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
Originally Posted by 2017-c43-coupe
Bump

Any updates?
If the engineers are to be believed it will be very soon. That said I have little confidence in the engineers and accurate timelines. lol

Originally Posted by MASSC450
Can't wait for this to come out...thank you Dinan!

What I would also like to see is improved/more robust connectors. I've disconnected my Dinantronics Sport off the stock pressure sensor a number of times when taking my C450 to the dealership, and the locking tab on the Dinan connector no longer functions as well as it did.
The physical sensor plugs would be the same but the plug into the control module is definitely more robust. In theory that would be the only one to ever disconnect (to put on the bypass module) since there would be no good reason to bother taking off then entire harness every time with the factory matching warranty on the ELITE.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 263 Likes on 207 Posts
C450, GLC43
I'll let you guys beta test this. I'm in no hurry to do business with Dinan again after my fiasco with their Dinan Sport piggy.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:39 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
pretty sure they are past beta testing now. waiting on parts to finalize production kits. should be end of month or maybe early October for sale im thinking
Old 09-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Former Member

CLS
Originally Posted by Mr. J
I'll let you guys beta test this. I'm in no hurry to do business with Dinan again after my fiasco with their Dinan Sport piggy.
How did that resolve?

A real shame.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Originally Posted by CFG
How did that resolve?

A real shame.
Golan refunded me while Dinan ghosted me.
I'm still out my $ for return shipping to Dinan too.
I wouldn't be surprised if they shafted Golan as well.

Caveat emptor I guess.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:27 AM
Former Member

CLS
That sucks.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:14 AM

CL500
Originally Posted by Mr. J
Golan refunded me while Dinan ghosted me.
I'm still out my $ for return shipping to Dinan too.
I wouldn't be surprised if they shafted Golan as well.

Caveat emptor I guess.

im quite certain Dinan didn't shaft their dealer. Did you call Dinan and request a refund of the shipping?. So the product went back to Dinan direct and not to auto talent or?. just trying to understand more of the transaction.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:16 AM
Former Member

CLS
Originally Posted by subzero05
im quite certain Dinan didn't shaft their dealer. Did you call Dinan and request a refund of the shipping?. So the product went back to Dinan direct and not to auto talent or?. just trying to understand more of the transaction.
Substantively, the guy’s fair beef is that Dinan didn’t take care of him despite their web site postings which permit or encourage DIRECT warranty claims.

The Elite has lost its luster for me.

Edit: note the disjunctive, and that any ambiguity will be resolved against the drafter, Dinan.

DINANTRONICS SPORT PRODUCT WARRANTY
DINANTRONICS Sport products are warranted against material and workmanship defects for a 1-year, unlimited mileage period from the date of original purchase. This warranty does not cover any consequential damages (neither parts nor labor) that may be caused as a result of the installation or use of this product.
To obtain service under this warranty, Dinan tech support must be made aware of the malfunction or defect in materials and/or workmanship of the DINANTRONICS Sport module upon discovery, via an Authorized Independent Dinan Dealer or directly to Dinan during normal business hours. In the event of a valid warranty claim, Dinan will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any defective Dinan component upon receipt of the item and proof of the original purchase in the form of a lawful invoice. In the event of a defect the defective unit must be returned to Dinan for verification of the defect before any reimbursements will be issued. A reasonable period of time must be allowed for warranty replacement, shipping and/or repairs to be completed after the product is received by an Authorized Dinan Dealer or Dinan’s facility.

Edit: in Paris materia?

THE DINAN LIMITED WARRANTY SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES:
Return shipping charges,....

Last edited by removedCFGaccount; 09-21-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:56 AM

CL500
Originally Posted by CFG
Substantively, the guy’s fair beef is that Dinan didn’t take care of him despite their web site postings which permit or encourage DIRECT warranty claims.

The Elite has lost its luster for me.

Edit: note the disjunctive, and that any ambiguity will be resolved against the drafter, Dinan.

DINANTRONICS SPORT PRODUCT WARRANTY
DINANTRONICS Sport products are warranted against material and workmanship defects for a 1-year, unlimited mileage period from the date of original purchase. This warranty does not cover any consequential damages (neither parts nor labor) that may be caused as a result of the installation or use of this product.
To obtain service under this warranty, Dinan tech support must be made aware of the malfunction or defect in materials and/or workmanship of the DINANTRONICS Sport module upon discovery, via an Authorized Independent Dinan Dealer or directly to Dinan during normal business hours. In the event of a valid warranty claim, Dinan will repair or replace, at its sole discretion, any defective Dinan component upon receipt of the item and proof of the original purchase in the form of a lawful invoice. In the event of a defect the defective unit must be returned to Dinan for verification of the defect before any reimbursements will be issued. A reasonable period of time must be allowed for warranty replacement, shipping and/or repairs to be completed after the product is received by an Authorized Dinan Dealer or Dinan’s facility.

well this is as cryptic as all get out, much like a lot of your posts for the general reader:

Edit: note the disjunctive, and that any ambiguity will be resolved against the drafter, Dinan

but regardless I do agree Dinan should've reached out but we have no idea what Dinan knows or doesn't in this particular case, but that in itself doesn't deter me from the Elite. I think they should try and make something positive with him if that's still possible, but they do make really nice products . Could their cust serv improve, im sure but what company out there couldn't improve in cust service ?. anyway, at this point it probably is what it is, but an isolated incident, while disappointing isn't going to stop me from supporting them on our platform
Old 09-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Former Member

CLS
well this is as cryptic as all get out, much like a lot of your posts for the general reader:

Edit: note the disjunctive, and that any ambiguity will be resolved against the drafter, Dinan

but regardless I do agree Dinan should've reached out but we have no idea what Dinan knows or doesn't in this particular case, but that in itself doesn't deter me from the Elite. I think they should try and make something positive with him if that's still possible, but they do make really nice products . Could their cust serv improve, im sure but what company out there couldn't improve in cust service ?. anyway, at this point it probably is what it is, but an isolated incident, while disappointing isn't going to stop me from supporting them on our platform
Thus, the beauty of choice in a quasi commodity industry....

As one ages it becomes obvious, the measure of a seller in such a market is not in numbers or isolated complaints but how they deal with them.

You best hope it is never your day in their barrel dear Catamite.

Arcane, perhaps, but never cryptic.

Last edited by removedCFGaccount; 09-21-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C450, GLC43
Shipped direct to Dinan (Attn: RMA #XXXXXXX) by UPS, per their shipping instructions, on my dime. They did not provide a shipping label so I went to the UPS store and shipped it.

The RMA to Dinan was ignored by Dinan. Two weeks after delivery confirmation and no contact Golan just processed a vendor refund for the original purchase price to my card.

I'm sure if I pressed Golan he probably would have credited me the shipping costs too. However, I didn't think that he should have to eat all the liability for Dinan's mfg defect.

As I've said before, I'd confidently do business with Golan and Auto Talent again. I can't say the same for Dinan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DINAN WARRANTIED TUNE - TESTERS WANTED