Aftermarket Drop-In Filters.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 07:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C43
Aftermarket Drop-In Filters.

Good evening,

Has anyone replaced their drop in filters?

If so, what brand?

Curious to if there are any issues with using an oiled filter.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 87 Posts
2016 C450 AMG
Originally Posted by JGreen76

Good evening,

Has anyone replaced their drop in filters?

If so, what brand?

Curious to if there are any issues with using an oiled filter.
Yes, K&N drop-in air filters. I've used K&N air filters for years on many different vehicles, and I've never had a problem with oil coating any sensors. The only time you really hear about people having issues is when they've cleaned & re-oiled the air filter themselves and used too much oil. Personally I don't even bother re-cleaning my K&N air filters, I just brush off the majority of the dirt when necessary (maybe twice a year), and after a couple years I just replace them with new ones.

There are no "dry" performance air filters out yet for the 3.0L engine...your choices currently are "oil" coated air filters only, the K&N or the twice as expensive BMC air filter. I've seen both in person, and both are of high quality.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:23 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
C43
Originally Posted by MASSC450
Yes, K&N drop-in air filters. I've used K&N air filters for years on many different vehicles, and I've never had a problem with oil coating any sensors. The only time you really hear about people having issues is when they've cleaned & re-oiled the air filter themselves and used too much oil. Personally I don't even bother re-cleaning my K&N air filters, I just brush off the majority of the dirt when necessary (maybe twice a year), and after a couple years I just replace them with new ones.

There are no "dry" performance air filters out yet for the 3.0L engine...your choices currently are "oil" coated air filters only, the K&N or the twice as expensive BMC air filter. I've seen both in person, and both are of high quality.

Thanks for the reply. I too have used K&N for years with no issues. Previously I saw a post about someone having an issue; think we can blame that on user error.

Thanks again!
Old 08-25-2017, 02:14 PM
3WD
SPONSOR

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
Car
Hello,

BMC is the best in the industry. We have them in stock if you're interested.

Thank you!