C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CEL and DTC Codes After Stage 2 Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 03:01 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 M4 comp cabriolet, 2017 C43 Sedan, (wife)
The Active Brake Assist Malfunction light came on when she was on the way to work. Since she was really close to the dealership when it happened, I just told her to drive straight there and I would call the SA. So since I was not driving, and she only drove a very short while after the light came on, I'm afraid I can't offer much help. I only mentioned because OP had listed that as one of the indications, and I wanted to let him know that indication happened without tune as well. I does seem strange, however, that so many of us get that fault starting a few weeks ago. Really makes you wonder if they can indeed "talk" to our cars.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:45 PM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
I don't see anyone in this thread saying who their tuner is that is having CEL issues. How do you know they don't have an AMR tune? Can you all say who your tuner is, please and thanks.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 153 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by threefirs
I don't see anyone in this thread saying who their tuner is that is having CEL issues. How do you know they don't have an AMR tune? Can you all say who your tuner is, please and thanks.
Because AMR knows what they are doing
The following users liked this post:
AMR Performance (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gungaslow
Because AMR knows what they are doing
Great response.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:08 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
C43 AMG Sedan
AMR needs to open up shop in Toronto.
threefirs (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 05:23 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Mercedes E63 AMG
Originally Posted by mau108
AMR needs to open up shop in Toronto.
Agreed. They need one in every state!
Old 08-23-2017, 05:26 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Great response.
He is right, though! Also, why don't we stop acting like we don't know what tune they have lol multiple EC customers have had this issue lately. Lets call a spade, a spade, shall we? Anyone that has an AMR tune first knows that they would not have to worry about these issues, and even if they did, AMR's customer service would be on top of it and have it solved ASAP. EC might as well stand for Engine Codes at this point
Old 08-23-2017, 05:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C43
I am not using AMR. But if AMR can jump in this thread and share their insight on this issue and how they foresee and prevent it. They will definitely be my next tuner.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:34 PM

C43
Originally Posted by getmercd
He is right, though! Also, why don't we stop acting like we don't know what tune they have lol multiple EC customers have had this issue lately. Lets call a spade, a spade, shall we? Anyone that has an AMR tune first knows that they would not have to worry about these issues, and even if they did, AMR's customer service would be on top of it and have it solved ASAP. EC might as well stand for Engine Codes at this point
I am having not AMR nor EC. Another data point for you guys as a reference.
threefirs (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 05:42 PM

I love the AMR guys trying to justify spending $2000 on a tune for the same results.

My EC tune has no problems, and there are several others with no issues.

I believe he's OE, let me guess, they don't know what they're doing either?
Old 08-23-2017, 05:46 PM

Turns out you're wrong. But if it makes you feel better about paying for your $2000 tune, continue.

Why don't you compare the type of cars EC works on vs AMR? If AMR is so reputable, why has nobody heard of them other than C43 owners LOL . Are you really more confident in the warranty AMR issues vs EC?

AMR has a great tune, I won't deny it. I don't think its worth any more money than the other tuners are charging and I don't think it's any more reliable.
Old 08-23-2017, 05:50 PM

C43
I don't want to undermine a tuner before I understand the root cause, and without give them a chance to fix this.
The thing in common for people having issue was that we all for some reason sent our car to dealer for services before limp mode issue occurred. Maybe MB updated some software which is not compatible with tuning file. Any AMR folks had service at dealer in past few weeks with no issue now? That would be a great backup for AMR for sure.
threefirs (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by hhcheng23
I don't want to undermine a tuner before I understand the root cause, and without give them a chance to fix this.
The thing in common for people having issue was that we all for some reason sent our car to dealer for services before limp mode issue occurred. Maybe MB updated some software which is not compatible with tuning file. Any AMR folks had service at dealer in past few weeks with no issue now? That would be a great backup for AMR for sure.
Not worth even questioning. AMR is the god of tuning - watch out Dinan and Renntech.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:01 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
I had service 1 and service 3 done to my car last month and haven't had any issues.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:03 PM

My car just had updates when it went in for service with the roof 4 weeks ago. The car is new and has all updates.

Car has been above 130MPH a few times and to 120MPH at least 5 times with the tune. No issues.
Old 08-23-2017, 06:12 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Not worth even questioning. AMR is the god of tuning - watch out Dinan and Renntech.
Do you need some pepper? Because you sound pretty salty lol and watch out for what? They are already looking at AMR's tailights Be honest, you have to give credit where credit is due. AMR makes a fantastic upgrade that makes more power than everyone else, end of story. There is no reason to get upset with people that love their upgrade and have no issues just because you cheaped out and made a decision with your wallet instead of getting what is best for your car
Old 08-23-2017, 09:21 PM

Do you need some pepper? Because you sound pretty salty lol and watch out for what? They are already looking at AMR's tailights Be honest, you have to give credit where credit is due. AMR makes a fantastic upgrade that makes more power than everyone else, end of story. There is no reason to get upset with people that love their upgrade and have no issues just because you cheaped out and made a decision with your wallet instead of getting what is best for your car
I've admitted the AMR has a good tune for the C43 but can you prove that they're getting better numbers? I've seen a faster slip for an EC tune than an AMR tune. All you have is dyno numbers which aren't equating on the track.

I actually made my decision because EC is a local tuner here in Toronto and it made the most sense. Not to mention they're a more reputable and bigger company than the 2 other tuners for the C43.

Really not upset, but it's a bit obnoxious that AMR guys exclusively **** on everyone else's tune on the basis of nothing. Sorry, not the AMR guys, but the 3 stooges that respond on every thread related to car issues.
mhenry (08-24-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
I've admitted the AMR has a good tune for the C43 but can you prove that they're getting better numbers? I've seen a faster slip for an EC tune than an AMR tune. All you have is dyno numbers which aren't equating on the track.

I actually made my decision because EC is a local tuner here in Toronto and it made the most sense. Not to mention they're a more reputable and bigger company than the 2 other tuners for the C43.

Really not upset, but it's a bit obnoxious that AMR guys exclusively **** on everyone else's tune on the basis of nothing. Sorry, not the AMR guys, but the 3 stooges that respond on every thread related to car issues.
I'm sorry for upsetting everyone.. I'm happy with AMR.. you can have Donald Duck tune your cars it's non of my business... I was just trying to help.. it's your car choose whatever tuner you like that is maxing out your injectiors and making your engine AFRs run lean.. have fun
Old 08-23-2017, 09:48 PM

Received 176 Likes on 104 Posts
2020 GLC 63
After reading through, I think the problem is caused by over-boost and it's most likely tune related..
Gungaslow (08-23-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 10:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 284 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
This is what I have been noticing as someone who really wanted a tune:

1. Guys with EC problems are more vocal about it and are openly sharing it to resolve the issue, which is how it should be.

2. EC guys have time slips, true. But they have not done a proper run yet which has been officially documented. EC is yet to publish what exactlytheir 11.8 customer was running on. Was it Nitro? Was it stage 2? No one knows anything official about it. AMR’s low 12 runs are official.

3. I know Gungaslow, Getmercd and the E63Blacked guy keep claiming it is extremely fast, no doubt, but you guys are yet to prove anything.Not even one of you uploaded a proper video of some acceleration runs or trackslips for ¼ mile. Until you guys can establish some proof that the tune really is that fast, you guys need take a step back. Also stop blabbing about the stability of the tune and AMR’s customer service because that is not at al lwhat I heard from the only guy who actually put the effort in documenting everything for us to see.

This guy from the facebook group has been documenting every single thing thathas been happening with his car after he got the AMR tune. His car does 0 to100 kmph slower than my stock car. His launch boost gauge would not fill up likeours either. And he even went to the track and no matter how much he tried, hiscar would not do better than 12.7. Guy spent 2000 dollars to get his tune, so that is unbelievable.

Now here is the funny bit, apparently AMR contacted him and gave him a lot ofheat for taking his complains to the facebook group and then they started blaming the guy’s ability to drive for the track time. Also the very consistent 4.7sec runs of 0 to 100kmph he was getting, they are saying that it has notbeen recorded officially (dunno what is that even supposed to mean, I have checked his video frame by frame in final cut pro and he is absolutely not doing it faster than 4.7). Does not sound like good customer service to me at all. AMR advertises 3.5 seconds and that is a 1.2sec difference that guy is getting. Becauseof all the heat AMR gave him, he shared all these videos with me on FacebookMessenger and we checked a lot of things together. He was so tired with allthis, he literally said screw it and flashed back to stock. He is now going 0to 100 is 4.3 seconds now and also the car is filling the boost gauge on launch like it is supposed to. AMR is yet to refund this guy.

I was on the fence for the AMR tune, ready to shell out 2000, but thanks to this guy, I put that on an indefinite hold. I wouldn’t go with EC either because it looks like they have better cars to tune in their garage than take care of the peasant C43’s problems. Also their lack of transparency about the 11.8 run is unsettling. Atleast until they have these problems figured out for ShazV6 and the other guy with the same problem, I wouldn’t even consider EC for now. Also threefirs just got the tune. I can wait and see if his car develops any problems as well.

Meanwhile Dinan looks on the way to be making a bulletproof product, so hopefully something will come out of the elite, good enough that we can just forget about EC and AMR altogether.

Last edited by munis; 08-24-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts
18 MB E63S AMG - 17 MB C43 AMG - Much more!
Originally Posted by munis

This guy from the facebook group has been documenting every single thing thathas been happening with his car after he got the AMR tune. His car does 0 to100 kmph slower than my stock car. His launch boost gauge would not fill up likeours either. And he even went to the track and no matter how much he tried, hiscar would not do better than 12.7. Guy spent 2000 dollars to get his tune, so that is unbelievable.

Now here is the funny bit, apparently AMR contacted him and gave him a lot ofheat for taking his complains to the facebook group and then they started blaming the guy’s ability to drive for the track time. Also the very consistent 4.7sec runs of 0 to 100kmph he was getting, they are saying that it has notbeen recorded officially (dunno what is that even supposed to mean, I have checked his video frame by frame in final cut pro and he is absolutely not doing it faster than 4.7). Does not sound like good customer service to me at all. AMR advertises 3.5 seconds and that is a 1.2sec difference that guy is getting. Becauseof all the heat AMR gave him, he shared all these videos with me on FacebookMessenger and we checked a lot of things together. He was so tired with allthis, he literally said screw it and flashed back to stock. He is now going 0to 100 is 4.3 seconds now and also the car is filling the boost gauge on launch like it is supposed to. AMR is yet to refund this guy.
Would you mind telling us which customer this was? I am assuming your his friend with the stock c43. If so, this story statement your making is NOTHING like what was discussed.

We only had one customer contact us claiming they were having 0-60 issues so I am going to assume it is this one person. They have emailed as well as called us the other day telling us EVERYTHING is fixed and the car is an animal. Simple fix done by him resettig the ECU.

Mind you, this customer also had an exhaust leak he fixed as well as some other minor items. None of which were tuning related.

We would recommend re-contacting him again

- Mathew
Old 08-24-2017, 11:00 AM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by munis
This is what I have been noticing as someone who really wanted a tune:

1. Guys with EC problems are more vocal about it and are openly sharing it to resolve the issue, which is how it should be.

2. EC guys have time slips, true. But they have not done a proper run yet which has been officially documented. EC is yet to publish what exactlytheir 11.8 customer was running on. Was it Nitro? Was it stage 2? No one knows anything official about it. AMR’s low 12 runs are official.

3. I know Gungaslow, Getmercd and the E63Blacked guy keep claiming it is extremely fast, no doubt, but you guys are yet to prove anything.Not even one of you uploaded a proper video of some acceleration runs or trackslips for ¼ mile. Until you guys can establish some proof that the tune really is that fast, you guys need take a step back. Also stop blabbing about the stability of the tune and AMR’s customer service because that is not at al lwhat I heard from the only guy who actually put the effort in documenting everything for us to see.

I was on the fence for the AMR tune, ready to shell out 2000, but thanks to this guy, I put that on an indefinite hold. I wouldn’t go with EC either because it looks like they have better cars to tune in their garage than take care of the peasant C43’s problems. Also their lack of transparency about the 11.8 run is unsettling. Atleast until they have these problems figured out for ShazV6 and the other guy with the same problem, I wouldn’t even consider EC for now. Also threefirs just got the tune. I can wait and see if his car develops any problems as well.

Meanwhile Dinan looks on the way to be making a bulletproof product, so hopefully something will come out of the elite, good enough that we can just forget about EC and AMR altogether.
lol this guy is funny.

To start, I just let people know from experience how I enjoy the tune and how great driveability is. I don't have time to go to the track and post time slips and this and that. Furthermore, I didn't buy a Mercedes to do that, that is what I have my FBO GTR for should I have some free time to enjoy myself. The Mercedes is a great daily that I wanted to give an extra kick to.

Now regarding the Facebook group, I saw the posts as well and that gentleman seems like the type that if that was actually true, he would tell everybody. He has documented every step of the process and now all of a sudden you are making these claims and he has not? Sounds shady to me

The moral of the story is that you can go to whichever tuner you like. As long as you are comfortable and enjoy their products and services. The only point being made is that AMR is superior in software development. I like them and everyone else that has them likes them. When I see people having issues, obviously I am going to recommend my company of choice that has not caused me any issues.
Old 08-24-2017, 11:18 AM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG

I understand the local aspect, but saying they are a bigger company is inaccurate. I did research before I chose my tuner and AMR has been around longer. Also, they work on a variety of vehicle's according to their social media, so you are actually incorrect about that as well. The C43 obviously is a popular car for them, but they tune pretty much everything.

The only thing that is obnoxious in my opinion, is the fact that people can insult a superior tune because "it costs more money". Cheaping out on the most important aspect of the vehicle is idiotic and if you are going to do that, you should get back in your Kia soul and give your convertible Mercedes back to the blonde girl sipping a frap that you must have stolen it from

All in all, this has been an enjoyable debate and wish you luck with your vehicle's and endeavors
Old 08-24-2017, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
lol this guy is funny.

To start, I just let people know from experience how I enjoy the tune and how great driveability is. I don't have time to go to the track and post time slips and this and that. Furthermore, I didn't buy a Mercedes to do that, that is what I have my FBO GTR for should I have some free time to enjoy myself. The Mercedes is a great daily that I wanted to give an extra kick to.

Now regarding the Facebook group, I saw the posts as well and that gentleman seems like the type that if that was actually true, he would tell everybody. He has documented every step of the process and now all of a sudden you are making these claims and he has not? Sounds shady to me

The moral of the story is that you can go to whichever tuner you like. As long as you are comfortable and enjoy their products and services. The only point being made is that AMR is superior in software development. I like them and everyone else that has them likes them. When I see people having issues, obviously I am going to recommend my company of choice that has not caused me any issues.
^ I agree... AMR is great.. I don't have time slips but as I have said in the past, I have driven an acquaintances car at a car show that had an OE tune and he drove my car too.. both were c43 sedans and he agreed with me that my car had noticeable more pull on the butt dyno.. I also witnessed someone at New England drag way in NH with a c43 at the beginning of the spring with an AMR stage 1 tune only run a 11.89 quarter.. this is what made me decide to go with AMR after talking with him.. I don't have his time slips but I really don't care if anyone believes me here either.. I'm just giving my experience since I have not taken my c43 to the track..
getmercd (08-24-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 C43 sedan
CEL and DTC Codes After Stage 2 Tune-img_1944.jpg

it could have nothing to do with the tune because I have heard red is the fastest color with the most horse power..lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CEL and DTC Codes After Stage 2 Tune