Sponsored by:

Driver aids driving me crazy:/

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 11:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017c43amg
Driver aids driving me crazy:/

I love the performance of this car, but man are the driver aids intrusive. It feels like one of those spiky collars people put on dogs when owners don't want them to pull. The beeping, the brakes when you approach something too quick, the throttle cut off in the corners, all these things get annoying real quick when trying to have some fun and drive aggressively. Now I can turn all these things off in settings and then the ESP in the hidden dyno menu and then the car is awesome! It doesn't even feel like an open diff. Pulls hard in the corners with the ESP off. Now I'm talking about esp not the traction control which does almost nothing. But it won't stay like that. Everything turns back on the next day. I'm sure there's no hack to get everything to stay off but if there is someone please let me know. Besides a tune. I don't think the car needs it for the street.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:09 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 AMG C43 Sedan
Originally Posted by Al.B.43
I love the performance of this car, but man are the driver aids intrusive. It feels like one of those spiky collars people put on dogs when owners don't want them to pull. The beeping, the brakes when you approach something too quick, the throttle cut off in the corners, all these things get annoying real quick when trying to have some fun and drive aggressively. Now I can turn all these things off in settings and then the ESP in the hidden dyno menu and then the car is awesome! It doesn't even feel like an open diff. Pulls hard in the corners with the ESP off. Now I'm talking about esp not the traction control which does almost nothing. But it won't stay like that. Everything turns back on the next day. I'm sure there's no hack to get everything to stay off but if there is someone please let me know. Besides a tune. I don't think the car needs it for the street.
Please explain how you disable the ESP in the hidden dyno menu
Old 08-24-2017, 06:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017c43amg
Originally Posted by SoCalC43
Please explain how you disable the ESP in the hidden dyno menu
Theres two you tube videos with good instructions if you search disable esp c43 or c450. Or maybe it's c class. Works with all c classes. But pretty much it's with car off with key on in position 1, while in the trip menu showing total mileage, you press and hold answer call first then Press and hold ok button for about 5 seconds and a menu will pop up. I think it's called dynometer test. You hit ok to select it then every aid is turned off. Including abs, which I prefer to have on but it's still worth having everything else off. I appreciate the performance more like this. Feels more exciting when you can feel the edge of control. I think that's important in a sports car. It also makes you a better driver to know how to handle the car at the edge.

Last edited by Al.B.43; 08-24-2017 at 07:08 PM.