Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Placed an order for the new 2018 C43 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 01:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mazda 6
So I got another interesting call from the dealer today. He said he made a mistake once again and that 1st week of sept is when the order is locked and can no longer be changed. He said it goes into production 3rd week of November. Sigh. Means I will get it mid December. I searched for other vehicles that were close to my configuration and I wasn't able to find one. So I've decided to stick to my order and just simply get it in December. It's only 3.5 months away. I'll take it.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by TMore9
So I got another interesting call from the dealer today. He said he made a mistake once again and that 1st week of sept is when the order is locked and can no longer be changed. He said it goes into production 3rd week of November. Sigh. Means I will get it mid December. I searched for other vehicles that were close to my configuration and I wasn't able to find one. So I've decided to stick to my order and just simply get it in December. It's only 3.5 months away. I'll take it.
Oh man that kinda sucks, sorry to hear that. Well I suppose you can treat your delivery as a Christmas present then! You should try and get your contact at the dealer to send you occasional pictures/screenshot of your order on their NetStar system. They tend to contain very useful and interesting information.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:50 AM

Mazda 6
Originally Posted by kevjung
Oh man that kinda sucks, sorry to hear that. Well I suppose you can treat your delivery as a Christmas present then! You should try and get your contact at the dealer to send you occasional pictures/screenshot of your order on their NetStar system. They tend to contain very useful and interesting information.
Yeah, it's a shame. I guess 3 months isn't that bad. I found a vehicle similar to what I wanted in San Diego, but the minute I asked the dealer on pricing it was already waaay over what I am getting mine for. That put me off the whole process as I realized I would be fighting for a car that I didn't 100% want. That's when I called my local dealer back and told him to keep the order in place and that I'd wait for that car.

I'll be sure to ask him to send me a screenshot closer to November
Old 09-14-2017, 12:36 AM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Update!

Just received word from dealer that as of 9/8 my car has been produced and is currently waiting to be shipped! According to NetStar (I got a screenshot from my salesman), ETA is 10/6. Not sure if that means that it will arrive at the VPC on 10/6 or the car will be at the dealer by 10/6. Regardless, production was quicker that I imagined! I'm sure time spent on cargo will be another month, but super excited regardless.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:30 AM

Mazda 6
Update!

Just received word from dealer that as of 9/8 my car has been produced and is currently waiting to be shipped! According to NetStar (I got a screenshot from my salesman), ETA is 10/6. Not sure if that means that it will arrive at the VPC on 10/6 or the car will be at the dealer by 10/6. Regardless, production was quicker that I imagined! I'm sure time spent on cargo will be another month, but super excited regardless.
Congrats!! That's awesome news! Look forward to seeing some pics once you get the vehicle
Old 09-14-2017, 01:43 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 C63s AMG
Update!

that was fast . congrats.

were you able to get the designo Selenite Grey Magno Paint? I'm wondering if it's available for Sedan as well? I requested my dealer to change mine today. let's see if I hear back
Old 09-15-2017, 03:25 PM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by TMore9
Congrats!! That's awesome news! Look forward to seeing some pics once you get the vehicle
Thanks! I will be sure to post some pics after delivery!
Old 09-15-2017, 03:28 PM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by jatt143
that was fast . congrats.

were you able to get the designo Selenite Grey Magno Paint? I'm wondering if it's available for Sedan as well? I requested my dealer to change mine today. let's see if I hear back
Yeah I know, right! And thanks!
I was able to retrieve the vessel that my car is on and am able to track it now. Super excited to take delivery. And yes, I did select designo Selenite Grey Magno since it was available for 2018 models. I'm pretty sure you can select for Sedans as well, I thought I saw it as an available option on the configurator on the website. Let me know if you were able to select it as well.
Old 10-07-2017, 05:20 PM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
October Update!

I've been tracking the cargo ship carrying my new AMG from Germany to California since 9/8/17.
As of 10/6, the ship arrived at port in Long Beach, California.
My dealer also confirmed w/ screenshot that it has indeed arrived and is at port.
There's still some more waiting but I'm expecting to take delivery in about 2 weeks!

Old 10-07-2017, 05:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2018 C63s AMG
October Update!

I've been tracking the cargo ship carrying my new AMG from Germany to California since 9/8/17.
As of 10/6, the ship arrived at port in Long Beach, California.
My dealer also confirmed w/ screenshot that it has indeed arrived and is at port.
There's still some more waiting but I'm expecting to take delivery in about 2 weeks!
I thought C43 is built in Alabama? btw I went with C63s :-)
Old 10-07-2017, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Sonata 2.0T
I think the sedans are but perhaps he ordered a coupe (which I understand are made in Germany).
Old 10-07-2017, 05:52 PM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
I ordered the Coupe version which are built in Germany.
And that's awesome! What's your ETA on taking delivery?
Old 10-14-2017, 02:57 PM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Another update!

It looks like my soon-to-be AMG has finally gone through VPC in Long Beach, CA and is currently being transported to SF Bay Area, as of 10/12/17.
Dealer confirmed that my car will be arriving on 10/18/17, in just about a week!
So much anticipation, and can't wait to take delivery very soon.

I thought it was particularly funny to see "Label Printed" on the NetStar system as one of their statuses -- I'm imagining VPC FedEx-ing my car to the dealership haha!

Old 10-15-2017, 03:42 AM

2015 Lexus IS350
Congrats!

I just joined this great forum, placed my order about 2 weeks ago here in Toronto.

Got the C43 AMG in Selentine Grey with Ventilation Seats, AMG Package, Night Package, Intelligent Drive Package, Lighting Package, Heads-up Display,

Can't wait for it to come. Apparently it should be here in December.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:04 PM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Yuvraj Gill
Congrats!

I just joined this great forum, placed my order about 2 weeks ago here in Toronto.

Got the C43 AMG in Selentine Grey with Ventilation Seats, AMG Package, Night Package, Intelligent Drive Package, Lighting Package, Heads-up Display,

Can't wait for it to come. Apparently it should be here in December.
Welcome, and congrats to you as well!
Nicely spec'd! Definitely post pictures when you take delivery.
I'll be posting some pictures of mine in about a week or so
Old 10-19-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 C43 Coupe, Iridium silver; 2017 GLC 300
2018 new order coupe discounts off MSRP

That really sucks and I agree about them wanting to just sell you a car ASAP, not surprising really.

Which is why prior to ordering my car last month, I went through an elaborate process to make sure I was in control of every aspect of the situation:

I extensively researched the AMG C43 Coupe, and even looked at other competitor options (Audi S5 and BMW M4).

When I finally got around to actually visiting a dealer, I knew exactly what configuration I wanted on my car and I was not going to settle for anything else. I contacted my preferred dealer and asked for someone who will help me configure and order the car (and set an appointment so that salesperson's time was dedicated to me).

Once I met my salesman in person, I greeted and told him that I wanted to special order a car. I knew forming a great relationship was key so I asked him to help me through the process for picking out the configuration (even though I knew exactly what I wanted). I also mentioned that I was research other competing vehicles (as mentioned above) as well.

We test drove the C43 Coupe (and it was his first time riding an AMG vehicle). It instantly put a huge smile on his face (and on mine too of course). We had a lot of enthusiastic conversation about AMG, it's history, and how insane the test car was (esp. since it was fully loaded). I quickly realized that I knew more about AMG and the C43 than the salesman (which was an upper hand for me). During the test drive, I managed to get him really excited about serving me as a customer. He was more excited about giving me the best experience of customizing, ordering, and delivering the car than just making another sale.

I broke up the entire ordering process through a span of multiple weeks rather than doing it all in one day. This was because I also wanted to check out the Audi S5 and BMW M4 - which I test drove of course. I got his personal phone number and we exchanged occasional text messages regarding the car options. I dropped in couple of times to look at paint, interior, and other options (piecing together from multiple vehicles they had in stock). Finally Aug 5th, I told him I ultimately liked the C43 more than the S5 and M4. Came by and placed the order without any fuss and gave me great deal on it as well, and on a 2018 model too! )

Although it was an elaborate plan to get in good terms with the salesperson, I actually got a great experience out of it (and still am). He started appreciating the AMG brand and went out of his way to take care of my ordering process. I regularly get updates on the order status (with screenshots). I genuinely feel like I'm getting a personalized experience, rather than just getting great car.

I honestly can't wait for delivery in about a month or two.
I am also considering the C43. Dealer is offering 8% off MSRP on new 2018 coupe order, my personally spec'ed.
I have heard that there is a very large incentive from MB to dealers going on now that should get 2018 coupes closer to 12% off. He claims that is for instock only.

Anybody hearing this?
The following users liked this post:
BEH (10-19-2017)
Old 10-19-2017, 01:25 PM

E320
Thanks! I heard the feature is really neat. I specifically got it to relax a little when in traffic. San Francisco Bay Area traffic can get pretty gnarly sometimes.
I live in the Bay Area as well .. SF as a matter of fact. I just got the Coupe this week. I did not get the full driver's assist package but I work from home and don't typically face commute traffic (ie I can pick my spots and avoid it.) Hope I don't regret not getting that, but I figured I had little need for park-assist since I'm pulling into a garage every night and don't do a lot of city parking or driving except to get out of the city. Honestly, with this car, I look forward to road trips and driving over the bridge when others are at the office .. and for getting around town etc, unless I'm going to the HOPR with a valet handling the car, I'll probably leave it at home and Uber it. Have the car on a three-year lease, so however you cut it, it isn't a huge commitment.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:12 AM

c43
Just ordered a c43

Originally Posted by uzona
I am also considering the C43. Dealer is offering 8% off MSRP on new 2018 coupe order, my personally spec'ed.
I have heard that there is a very large incentive from MB to dealers going on now that should get 2018 coupes closer to 12% off. He claims that is for instock only.

Anybody hearing this?
i just ordered a c43 and received 14% off I will not receive car until late January.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:04 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Saab 900 SET
Originally Posted by Paul Jakub
i just ordered a c43 and received 14% off I will not receive car until late January.
What dealership did you order from?

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2017, 01:42 AM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by tpmbz67
I live in the Bay Area as well .. SF as a matter of fact. I just got the Coupe this week. I did not get the full driver's assist package but I work from home and don't typically face commute traffic (ie I can pick my spots and avoid it.) Hope I don't regret not getting that, but I figured I had little need for park-assist since I'm pulling into a garage every night and don't do a lot of city parking or driving except to get out of the city. Honestly, with this car, I look forward to road trips and driving over the bridge when others are at the office .. and for getting around town etc, unless I'm going to the HOPR with a valet handling the car, I'll probably leave it at home and Uber it. Have the car on a three-year lease, so however you cut it, it isn't a huge commitment.
Hey, congrats on your Coupe delivery!
Honestly, the Driver's Assist Package is a nice-to-have. If you're living and commuting just within SF, I think having Distronic might be a bit of an overkill anyways
Did you say that you got the Park Assist Package? That one is a pretty neat feature since it gives you Surround View cameras and Parktronic sensors.
Also might I suggest you don't valet an AMG, it's just too much responsibility being handed over. Only YOU and your handpicked passengers should enjoy your AMG haha!
Old 10-26-2017, 03:37 AM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Pre-delivery Sneak Peek

Hey guys,
Wanted to give you guys an end-of-October update w/ pictures!
Soon-to-be my 2018 C43 Coupe has arrived at the dealership as of October 19th.
It is currently in queue to go through Pre-Delivery Inspection.

My salesman at the dealership took some photos and sent them to me this week!
Delivery date is set and this sexy beast will soon be mine on Nov. 3rd!

Enjoy the pics!

The following users liked this post:
Dieseldan9 (10-27-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 11:49 AM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Saab 900 SET
The Mango Gray looks looks great, it takes 14 days to do a PDI, how many cars are ahead of yours?
Old 10-26-2017, 01:48 PM

2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by synergize
The Mango Gray looks looks great, it takes 14 days to do a PDI, how many cars are ahead of yours?
Dealer got new shipments of cars few days prior to mine. So there’s about a week to week and a half wait for PDI. My car will actually be ready to go by the 30th or the 31st. But I’m taking delivery on the 3rd since I’m out of town til then.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:24 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 GLC43 AMG SUV | 2017 C43 AMG COUPE | 2014 CLA250
She's beautiful man. I love it!!!
Old 10-29-2017, 01:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 GLC43 AMG SUV | 2017 C43 AMG COUPE | 2014 CLA250
Get her tinted though please and then share the completed package!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Placed an order for the new 2018 C43 Coupe