Sponsored by:

Help needed on new C43 AMG Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG Coupe
Help needed on new C43 AMG Coupe

just got my c43 coupe on lease in Canada, it has everything except AMG driver package and Head up display. Reason is that it was the only car available at a good price.
Questions:
1- Can i upgrade/tune ecu from Mercedes or Mercedes approved partners without violating warranty? Pls advise how or any other ideas
2- Can i upgrade exhaust now to AMG? And how

I love the car but with at least the exhaust it will be perfect.

Thx guys
Old 08-30-2017, 09:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by Bassam Hemdan
just got my c43 coupe on lease in Canada, it has everything except AMG driver package and Head up display. Reason is that it was the only car available at a good price.
Questions:
1- Can i upgrade/tune ecu from Mercedes or Mercedes approved partners without violating warranty? Pls advise how or any other ideas

Thx guys
There are a ton of posts on here about upgrades/tuning. Just go through and you'll see them.
Short list of tuning options are:
- AMR Perfomance (ECU Tune)
- Eurotune (ECU Tune)
- Dinan (Plug-in)

I think it's too late to add the AMG exhaust, but there are options out there...
Old 09-02-2017, 02:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 AMG C43 Coupe
Originally Posted by Bassam Hemdan
Questions:

Thx guys
1. You will want to contact Mercedes-Benz regarding warranty when ECU tune is performed. This is because you'll want them to document everything else that is non-ECU related parts covered under warranty. ECU tuning will most likely not void anything other than the engine (that is only if Mercedes finds out). It's always a risk to have the ECU tuned since any component damage caused by it will not be warranted. Although it's unlikely engine damage will occur since ECU tuners do their best to find the right balance. Some ECU tuners will even provide their own warranty on the ECU tune, including engine/transmission damage if they caused the damage.

2. If you did not opt for the AMG Performance Exhaust, it's probably too late for that specific one. This is because Mercedes-AMG programs vehicles w/ AMG Performance Exhaust with its complimenting software. This is evident because putting the car on S+ automatically activates the exhaust flaps. There is also a specific ECU firmware put on for models with AMG Performance Exhaust which allows for those insane snaps, pops, and crackles.

Last edited by kevjung; 09-02-2017 at 02:24 AM.