C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (C450 / C43)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by mbc43coupe
I would imagine they would take care of shipping if necessary. I am not too concerned, though, as they seem to do many of these vehicles and have had great success with the platform in general.

I have not heard of any such failure, so I am not going to worry about worst case hypothetical situations. Plus, they are offering a sale currently that I plan on taking advantage of!

Again the C43 platform is just a year old. Most people here have not even passed the 30k kilometre mark on their cars yet. You don't if problems will start showing up longterm or not.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 Mercedes C43 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by munis
Again the C43 platform is just a year old. Most people here have not even passed the 30k kilometre mark on their cars yet. You don't if problems will start showing up longterm or not.
That is true, but that could also happen to a stock or tuned vehicle. From what I have read AMR is the only brand that has not had quirks or CEL issues. Regardless, I was just informing the gentleman that commented earlier about the warranty they offer. I am so excited to upgrade after speaking with them!
The following users liked this post:
AMR Performance (10-09-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 665 Likes on 523 Posts
c
You guys are delusional if you think Dinan is actually going to stand by a warranty for a blown engine without fighting tooth and nail for that type of coverage.

These third party warranties better be written explicitly clear without small print excluding circumstantial issues.
The following 2 users liked this post by alexasa:
munis (10-09-2017), ShazV6 (10-09-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 283 Likes on 194 Posts
2021 Mercedes C63s AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by alexasa
You guys are delusional if you think Dinan is actually going to stand by a warranty for a blown engine without fighting tooth and nail for that type of coverage.

These third party warranties better be written explicitly clear without small print excluding circumstantial issues.
Seconded.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:02 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500

dinan does NOT use a third party insurance company for their warranty . They self fund themselves ! I actually know of 2 people from my BMW days that had warranty claims thru their BMW dealerships that were covered by Dinan , not BMW so they have my confidence
Old 10-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS

wait, what, this is no Brit Milah.

Now, if you mean consequential....
Old 10-09-2017, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I thought I was a girl till I peed in the men’s room!!
Old 10-09-2017, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by CFG
wait, what, this is no Brit Milah.

Now, if you mean consequential....
Nope, I said what I meant. Let's say I have a K&N air intake (if there was one) and headers from x company. These are OTS tunes, they are not specifically calibrated to each individual engine, altitude, fuel grade/quality, etc (sure the ecu has a level of adaptability). What stops a company like this from leaning on saying, "oh, this warranty is for a car with our tune only. Since you had xyz parts you no longer fall under warranty"?

You're going to be stuck making a public announcement on a forum so they feel like it's fire they need to put out, taking up legal action or some other bull****.

The only confidence you should gain from a warrantied tune is the fact that it is probably conservative (to save there own ***) or if you have an ECU brick, etc. which tuning companies are pretty decent at dealing with regardless of a "warranty". Which diminishes offering and paying for a warranty in the first place.

Dealer doesn't have to assume any liability the second you go ECU tuning either..

Last edited by alexasa; 10-09-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Former Member

Received 94 Likes on 89 Posts
CLS
The simple answer: the Magnuson Moss Act mandates a causal connection as does the common law.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:24 PM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Since it wasn't mentioned, I am going to ask. 466Hp/442tq on 91 octane. For those of us that has access to 93 (which I use daily) what are the increased gains?

Can your Dinan tune be adjusted for down-pipes or other power adders?
Old 10-10-2017, 03:15 PM
SPONSOR

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts
G55
Originally Posted by DameMD
Since it wasn't mentioned, I am going to ask. 466Hp/442tq on 91 octane. For those of us that has access to 93 (which I use daily) what are the increased gains?

The tune is a plug and play piggyback so you cannot adjust for additional mods like an ECU tune.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
BMW, Audi, MB, MINI, VW
Apologize upfront for the delayed responses. Out of the office on a mini-vacay but got access to some WIFI so though I would catch up on some work before I am totally inundated with catch up next week when I return.

Originally Posted by MrMeth90
I’m sold and will order on the 15th. When will they be shipped?
also my closest Dinan dealer is Bill Pearce BMW in Reno NV. They know that Mercedes cars will be coming in for installs??
Thanks!!
The BMW dealerships would not be doing installs. You would be limited to Dinan independent dealers that do multiple Euro marques for install. That said it can also be completed yourself or by any Mercedes shop willing to do so. Pretty straightforward install. Install instructions can be found on the product page so you know what you would be getting into if that's the direction you wanted to go.

Originally Posted by MASSC450
Thanks for your quick reply. As for the links I had mentioned not working, it's the two in your opening post...neither works. The first one I get a Dinan site error, and the second...an MB World site error.

I live in Massachusetts.

Thanks for the clarification, but what about the software updates? Is the Dinan dealer the only authorized party allowed to download them? If so, would that be an extra charge?

Another question, is there any "buy back" programs for Dinan products? I have a perfectly good Dinantronics Sport I'm willing to sell cheap...
Link is fixed.

Updates would need to be done at a Dinan dealer presently or the box shipped back to us (you would put the bypass box on in the meantime) to get updated. If done at a Dinan dealer the update would be free while the car is under warranty. if its sent back to us to get updated its free regardless. In the future we are hoping to be able to push them remotely to the device but that's a VERY distant thought right now. Need to get the feet wet first.

No trade-in program from the SPORT unit that I am aware of. Ultimately it would be a sales call if they wated to do something like that so I would recommend giving them a call and inquiring. Wouldn't hurt to ask at least. That said it wasn't done for BMW or MINI when their transitions happened unless the purchase was still in the grace period anyway.

Originally Posted by Gungaslow
I don’t understand, the sport version get you 40 hp for $300....this elite version gets you 49hp for $1400.... am I missing something?
Factory matching (4YR/50k) warranty mainly. Also get more constistent power throughout the powerband. Straight bosst modules like SPORT have the tendency to fall off at higher RPM's. But if you are looking at only peak numbers then yes, its mainly warranty. =)

Originally Posted by Lazz83
Hello,

If I am reading correctly this device gives about half the horsepower that other ECU tuners are getting, is that correct? Current Standard for ECU tuning is abut 100hp and 120tq at the crank, is this measured at the wheels?

Thanks
All numbers you see from Dinan are at the crank so easy comparisons can be made to factory rated numbers. The wheel charts can be found easily enough in other threads if you like though from some of our development cars.

ELITE (DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner ONLY) Maximum Power on the MB C400 with the 3.0L M276 engine: 429 HP, 455 lb-ft of torque.
ELITE (DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner ONLY) Maximum Power on the MB C450 AMG and AMG C43 with the 3.0L M276 engine: 466 HP, 442 lb-ft of torque”

so the c43 is making out at 466hp and 442 torque???
those numbers that are listed on your website says this.
I already purchased this system but can DINAN PLEASE CLARIFY???
Correct. the power charts are the easiest way to sice and dice rated and measured numbers and all the gains at the various outputs. We try to be as transparent as possible in our numbers and indicate openly how much most of the turbocharged European cars are underrated out of the gate. Do not want to take credit or power we do not make.

We don't use a third party warranty. our factory matching warranted is self funded and has been for over 25+ years. If a claim is legit and we are told by MBUSA the problem is due to our part we step in and cover the claim. Its really as simple as that. Been doing it with BMW and will do it with MB as well. I'm sure there will be some timing issues (delays) in the early going on claims as everyone gets used to each others methods but we stand behind our product and warranty. Wouldn't be sold in over half of the BMW dealerships (including BMW AG corporate flagship store in Manhattan) in the country otherwise.

I will have to get back to you on 93 numbers as I don't have access to the engineering stuff remotely but in general terms there is usually a 10-15% increase in the GAINS on the increased octane.

We do not account for items that fly in the face of emissions controls. All Dinan product is engineered to be CARB legal and emissions legal so it can be sold without penalty in all 50 states. Tampering with the CAT's or removing a CEL due to a CAT tampering is in violation of those emisions laws and subject to massive penalties. Given we are based in California where the most stringent of regulations are and we have a 20+ year history with CARB its not worthwhile to use to jeopardize that relationship. It also doesn't make sense financially as the fines are ridiculous.
The following 2 users liked this post by DinanCars:
DameMD (10-12-2017), Lazz83 (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG

You guys should each flag this guy in the back of your mind when reading his posts. He's speaking very confidently about something he knows nothing about, and spreading disinformation.

Instead of pointing out the many ways what he says is incorrect, I can tell you I've personally had good experience with Dinan with my BMW and they stood behind the claim no questions asked... $13k parts and labor to replace turbos when BMW refused to do the work, even when I believe the problem was OEM equipment failure. Dinan stepped up.
The following users liked this post:
munis (10-12-2017)
Old 10-12-2017, 11:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c
Originally Posted by skim7x
You guys should each flag this guy in the back of your mind when reading his posts. He's speaking very confidently about something he knows nothing about, and spreading disinformation.

Instead of pointing out the many ways what he says is incorrect, I can tell you I've personally had good experience with Dinan with my BMW and they stood behind the claim no questions asked... $13k parts and labor to replace turbos when BMW refused to do the work, even when I believe the problem was OEM equipment failure. Dinan stepped up.
You didn't read my follow up post. And you took that out of context and are trying to prove a point with one referential source that does not meet the criteria of my own post. This is not BMW where Dinan has have a long standing relationship and it's not a totally new engine.

Not that it matters, buy what you want - it's not my car or my money. But paying for a warrantied tune is for peace of mind and nothing more. And guess what, if you weren't tuned, BMW would cover the replacement of the turbos.

Each individual will have to weigh the pros and cons, personal goals for their car and their financial situation to come up with the best option for them. Dinan might make sense for you and may not for others.

Last edited by alexasa; 10-12-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:36 AM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Originally Posted by DinanCars
Apologize upfront for the delayed responses. Out of the office on a mini-vacay but got access to some WIFI so though I would catch up on some work before I am totally inundated with catch up next week when I return.
I will have to get back to you on 93 numbers as I don't have access to the engineering stuff remotely but in general terms there is usually a 10-15% increase in the GAINS on the increased octane.
That's great! So I am assuming that 466hp peak which is already over 100+ more Horsepower advertised by Mercedes and you can gain 10-!5% more? This is by far the best piggy-back now. Hmmmmm... sounds promising, maybe I don't need to install my downpipes after all.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:47 PM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
That's great! So I am assuming that 466hp peak which is already over 100+ more Horsepower advertised by Mercedes and you can gain 10-!5% more? This is by far the best piggy-back now. Hmmmmm... sounds promising, maybe I don't need to install my downpipes after all.
If you read the graph - the dyno graph against baseline, the car is making peak 56HP (40WHP) at the crank and peak 75TQ (60WTQ) at the crank. Very different than a full ECU tune thats making 90WHP and 120WTQ. I would go with the AMR stage 2 - it seems like the best on the market with downpipes. EC has a great stage 1 but they aren't making the same power on stage 2.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:59 AM

CL500
Originally Posted by threefirs
If you read the graph - the dyno graph against baseline, the car is making peak 56HP (40WHP) at the crank and peak 75TQ (60WTQ) at the crank. Very different than a full ECU tune thats making 90WHP and 120WTQ. I would go with the AMR stage 2 - it seems like the best on the market with downpipes. EC has a great stage 1 but they aren't making the same power on stage 2.
and that is fine if you don't want or need to be concerned with any warranty implications and want to put downpipes on the car. personally that's not my intent. I bought this car to keep it and with the $ spent I want it to "live" . I like the Dinan option for this very reason, its not the more HP out there, but they don't claim to be. They want to create the "gentlemen's hot rod" that will maintain your warranty , yet still give you more power . To each his own
Old 10-16-2017, 10:15 AM

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Cabriolet Black/Cranberry Red
Originally Posted by subzero05
and that is fine if you don't want or need to be concerned with any warranty implications and want to put downpipes on the car. personally that's not my intent. I bought this car to keep it and with the $ spent I want it to "live" . I like the Dinan option for this very reason, its not the more HP out there, but they don't claim to be. They want to create the "gentlemen's hot rod" that will maintain your warranty , yet still give you more power . To each his own
Yes, I totally agree. You can not beat the factory matching warranty that Dinan offers. There are warranty's with both AMR and EC (maybe OE too?) but not as good. However, with downpipes there is no warranty with Dinan - aside from the question if they'd even work. I was mostly just commenting on him saying the power is similar when it's about 50% of a full tune - need to compare against the baseline.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:32 AM

CL500
Originally Posted by threefirs
Yes, I totally agree. You can not beat the factory matching warranty that Dinan offers. There are warranty's with both AMR and EC (maybe OE too?) but not as good. However, with downpipes there is no warranty with Dinan - aside from the question if they'd even work. I was mostly just commenting on him saying the power is similar when it's about 50% of a full tune - need to compare against the baseline.
agreed!
Old 10-16-2017, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
AMR mops the floor with other tunes... especially piggy backs!!
Old 10-16-2017, 12:52 PM

CL500
Originally Posted by Gungaslow
AMR mops the floor with other tunes... especially piggy backs!!
this isn't a comparison of flash vs piggyback . its another option for those who might want more power and not risk the expense of Warranty , clearly Dinan is the best option out there for these folks .
Old 10-16-2017, 09:50 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Resale

I just bought this Dinan product. I believe it ships tomorrow. One big thing for me is when my lease is up I have options. I can move it to the next “43” vehicle if if stay in that family. If not, there should be a good value in the resale market. The product is completely removable. So if it’s not damaged I see myself selling in when the car goes back for atleast 50% of the retail price.
Great product for me. I’ll let you know how much I enjoy it when i install next week
Old 10-16-2017, 10:58 PM

CL500
Yep all good reasons ! Let us know how it turns out
Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 C43 sedan
I just bought this Dinan product. I believe it ships tomorrow. One big thing for me is when my lease is up I have options. I can move it to the next “43” vehicle if if stay in that family. If not, there should be a good value in the resale market. The product is completely removable. So if it’s not damaged I see myself selling in when the car goes back for atleast 50% of the retail price.
Great product for me. I’ll let you know how much I enjoy it when i install next week
Looking forward to the results!
Will you be doing a dyno comparison?
Old 10-17-2017, 01:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Dyno and BMW Dealership

unfortunatly for me my only local DINAN dealer is a BMW dealership that won’t work on the Merc. I will be doing this install myself, and don’t have access for the DYNO. I believe DiNAN had posted their dyno results and I’m sure that’s accurate.
I love the car as is. But I do feel that it needs to be in the 400+ club. I will post my feelings on the product based on my experience.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (C450 / C43)