Sponsored by:

“Harmonic vibration “

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2020, 03:41 AM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
C450 AMG
Originally Posted by ErikM
I was strongly considering a C43 in 2018..In the end although I was getting a great price I decided on an Audi A4 Premium Plus with all the goodies. I'd read just to much BS with these C43 cars. I also was not a fan of the staggered tire setup and RFT ( no other choice) My Audi with sport package has a square 18" setup and a real spare tire. Shame after looking at these forums, I don't think I'd ever consider a Benz. Shame cause they do look nice, and in the demos I've taken the cars were nice.
Yeah, the staggered set up is real nice and who cares about a spare tire when you have Mercedes Me and/or run flats? They come and tow you car to tire shop for free, plus you don’t have the added weight of a spare tire in your car that you definitely don’t need in the already to heavy Audi. Audi’s are nice cars, I’ve had one. It was an R5-R and I’m gonna stick with benz feom here on out. Had to put an $8000 timing chain in the Audi after 50k miles. Good luck with that since I hear that’s an issue with all Audis and not just the R5R. The R5R was definitely a much faster car than my C450, but I didn’t buy the benz for speed and I don’t think anyone else does either. There’s way too many other options for less money that don’t need as many additions as these do, but the overall experience of the Benz is like no other. Plus wouldn’t you rather say Mercedes Benz instead of Audi when asked what kind of car you have? The C43’s are bullet proof motors too as long as the maintenance is done as required, but I wouldn’t listen to either manufacturer when it comes to intervals. I’d change the oil every 5k instead of 10, them telling you 10k is what keeps their service shops open. Why would they want your car to last forever?

Got off topic there for a sec, but I’ve owned BMW, Audi, Corvette, and now Mercedes and the Audi comes in dead last even when I had an R5R and not an A4. But it’s all about what you like personally man, but I wouldn’t base you’re opinion off these forums. Most of the things you read are problems every car runs into with the exception of these cars having more bells and whistles that can break on them. It’s bound to happen. Buy a Benz.. let your girlfriend/wife buy the Audi lol
Old 10-21-2020, 01:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
‘19 C43 ‘06 C230
Have my 2019 C43 in the dealer for a full week now trying figure out the 60-65mph vibration. Foreman thinks it's a tire balance issue, still looking at it.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:15 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
Originally Posted by jyli19
Have my 2019 C43 in the dealer for a full week now trying figure out the 60-65mph vibration. Foreman thinks it's a tire balance issue, still looking at it.
how long has has it been since you have noticed the issue? Are you the first owner? hit any potholes recently?
Old 10-21-2020, 03:43 PM

‘19 C43 ‘06 C230
Bought new in Nov 2019. First noticed around the 1k mi mark, now at 4600 mi. doesn’t get better or worse with time and mileage. More of an annoyance.

Car is also in to address the MB command app issue, no data uplink from car to server. Render the mobile app and website services useless. Dealer says they in contact with MB USA to do a software refresh.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:54 PM

Received 110 Likes on 94 Posts
2021 M550i
Bought new in Nov 2019. First noticed around the 1k mi mark, now at 4600 mi. doesn’t get better or worse with time and mileage. More of an annoyance.

Car is also in to address the MB command app issue, no data uplink from car to server. Render the mobile app and website services useless. Dealer says they in contact with MB USA to do a software refresh.
Gotcha, i think its just naturally part of the C43s DNA, but lets see what the service dept says about the vibration.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:20 PM

‘19 C43 ‘06 C230
10 days at the dealer now; more than all my cars combined ever.
Old 10-23-2020, 11:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C43 AMG
10 days at the dealer now; more than all my cars combined ever.
Yep my experience has been similar. They replaced my driveshaft once and after a few months the vibration came back, albeit intermittently. It's still very annoying when I notice it.

In addition, my driver side blind spot monitor light is on probably 80% of more drives. They've removed the bumper once and "switch around cables" no fix. Then they complete replaced the rear driver side sensor.. no fix. They've also replaced my HUD entirely as one day it decided to have a giant black circle appear.

Next month i'll be taking it back a third time for the blind spot monitor issue, but to be honest i'm almost to the point of dumping the car and going back to a trusted GTI. I never should have gotten rid of my MK7. 3 years and 0 problems on the car.
The following users liked this post:
cg_tim (12-01-2020)
Old 12-01-2020, 06:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C43 /////AMG
One more with this issue, harmonic vibrations when coasting. Late '16 model, bought it used in Feb. with 38k km. For me it's not very bad but it's noticeable, especially when the car is not warmed up. Once it's warmed it is barely noticeable, but I can still feel it. Also I haven't felt it so much since I've changed to the winter wheels which are 18" instead of the summer 19" - both sets are AMG C43 original rims with RFT. After I've read a few threads on the topic I won't even bother taking it to the dealer (it's still under warranty), it's not worth the trouble. Besides I don't think it's going to stay with me for too long, it's really not what I was expecting / hoping at all.
Originally Posted by W205_AMG
i'm almost to the point of dumping the car and going back to a trusted GTI. I never should have gotten rid of my MK7. 3 years and 0 problems on the car.
Same here mate, same here - from so many points of view.
Old 05-25-2024, 11:36 AM

2011 c300 4matic
i have same exact problem with my 2011 c300

when cold it shows up more and i get that rough shift from first to second in sport mode that goes away when warmed up (there is a thread about that in amg section)

but i also get this stumble at low rpm light acceleration.
at some point looks like the degen mechanic of previous owner filled the .9 tramsmision with red fluid instead of blue.
it was very bad when i picked it up almost not driveable
after draining fluid and replacing with blue it drives alot smoother.

but i still get the same rpm stumble and still get the bump during cold drive.

Old 05-25-2024, 11:45 AM

2011 c300 4matic
op do you get rpm bounce also?