C450/C43 AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone done a track day in a 17 -18 C43?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Anyone done a track day in a 17 -18 C43?

Wondering your experience (go, stop and turn).. what you upgraded? tire choice? upgraded the brake fluid and pads? Did you have a flash, power was decent enough? Thanks!

I have a C300 now, planning on a C43 sedan for light track duty and daily.... have a vette also for my main track car.

I was debating this or a CLA45, but even for me the C43 lease is way better and a better Daily
Old 11-07-2017, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 274 Likes on 204 Posts
'19 CLS450
Originally Posted by susman@eurogermantown.com
Wondering your experience (go, stop and turn).. what you upgraded? tire choice? upgraded the brake fluid and pads? Did you have a flash, power was decent enough? Thanks!

I have a C300 now, planning on a C43 sedan for light track duty and daily.... have a vette also for my main track car.

I was debating this or a CLA45, but even for me the C43 lease is way better and a better Daily
I had the chance to drive the C43 AMG on track and CLA45 AMG through the AutoX at the AMG Academy @ Laguna Seca last month. The fit and finish between the two is very different. The 45 interior was definitely lacking and dated feeling and the pedal/power delivery was very different. From a dig, the 45 felt very sluggish compared to the C43. The difference is largely different because of the obvious motor/turbo differences, but very apparent. On track, it was very easy to drive the 43 in the upper range of it's limits. By the final laps in it, I would say we were somewhere between 7-8/10ths. When originally shopping, I thought I wanted the CLA45 as well, but once I was inside and drove the C43, that was it...no regerts.

Aftermarket pads are non-existent the last I've seen, but releases could've come around I'm not aware of. Best bet might be a performance fluid.

Factory rubber is garbage Conti run-flats which are universally loathed in here. By and large, most here upgrade to Michelin PS4's or A/S3 and throw a patch & pump in the trunk.

Power is adequate, but there are always options. Flash or piggyback depending on which route you want to go and spend. AMR and Eurocharge tend to get a lot of attention on the Flash side but they're pricey ($2k). Dinan has a damage warrantied piggyback unit. BMS has a piggyback that a user here is creeping close to the 11's with for <$400. Do some searching and you can come to your own conclusion.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:51 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Thanks on the flashes and upgraded...$2k for a flash is up there..

The aftermarket pads are odd... was hoping some carbotech xp8's or 10's would be possible..

I built a nice CLA45 thats here at the dealer now, but not sure I will do it based on the C43 and the lease rates...even for me as an employee
Old 11-08-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
C450
Concur on the 45s interior. It's a decade old and I don't even think they were nice then.