2018 C43 sedan
Originally Posted by AMG C43 3LV6
We dont have Mercedes Me In Australia.
Same for Canada.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 Mercedes GLC
2019 Mercedes GLC lemon Canada

Bought a brand new GLC in October and have had nothing but problems with the MercedesMe app and the blower/fan. I'm in Canada, where it gets VERY cold over the winter, so the remote start feature is a must. The MM app only starts my car 50% of the time - and it is terribly configured. I've had many car starters, and this is, hands down, the worst. My blower / fan arbitrarily decreases when I accelerate and increases when I decelerate. Sometimes. And not bc it's trying to regulate the temperature or on auto. The dealership in my city (Winnipeg) has been brutal. Apparently no one's having trouble with the app but me, and the blower should fluctuate???? But they won't put that in writing. Very frustrated and disappointed in a brand that boasts "the best or nothing."

Last edited by Susan Rich; 12-20-2018 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:39 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG C43 T
Originally Posted by Susan Rich
Bought a brand new GLC in October and have had nothing but problems with the MercedesMe app and the blower/fan. I'm in Canada, where it gets VERY cold over the winter, so the remote start feature is a must. The MM app only starts my car 50% of the time - and it is terribly configured. I've had many car starters, and this is, hands down, the worst. My blower / fan arbitrarily decreases when I accelerate and increases when I decelerate. Sometimes. And not bc it's trying to regulate the temperature or on auto. The dealership in my city (Winnipeg) has been brutal. Apparently no one's having trouble with the app but me, and the blower should fluctuate???? But they won't put that in writing. Very frustrated and disappointed in a brand that boasts "the best or nothing."
Sad to hear that. I've had my car for over a year now, and the MercedesMe app has worked excellent until the last couple of days. Apparently there has been some update recently which caused some problems.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:43 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 C43 AMG, 2016 BMW M235xi (gone)
Funny, I complained about the same thing to my wife after driving her GLA last week. She told me that when you open the dictionary and look up “first world problem,” you’d find “not being able to warm up your Mercedes Benz after a brutal day writing email at the office.” Touché. But I agree... it’s inconsistent at best and the five gallon restriction is absurd.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:51 AM

2019 Mercedes GLC
It's a first world problem, for sure. But, bottom line, I paid a lot of first world $$$$ for something that didn't work even before I drove it off the lot. When I went to pick up my brand new $$$$ car, the sales guy couldn't get the app to unlock the doors - and the keys were inside! It took him 45 mins to get in. It was a big red flag, but Mercedes assured me the app was working perfectly and won't be a problem, etc etc etc. They said their building had too many windows and metal for the starter to work properly (lollollollol). I have a health condition exacerbated by the cold, so a remote starter isn't just a luxury for me. It was #1 on my requirements for a new vehicle. Just really annoyed it's such garbage, and also how poorly this has been handled by Mercedes. Man, the lines (lies) I've been told......
Old 12-20-2018, 10:35 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
The best or nothing guys
Old 12-20-2018, 11:29 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
The few times I used it to remote start worked just fine. I was in an area with decent cell coverage
Old 12-20-2018, 11:29 AM

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by hyperion667
The best or nothing guys
Lol 👍
Old 12-20-2018, 12:34 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by unr1
The few times I used it to remote start worked just fine. I was in an area with decent cell coverage
Oh yes, I'm sure the kill grid, duh I mean 5G will help.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C450 (gone), 2018 GLC43 (gone), 2020 GLC43
Originally Posted by driverjeff
In case you are wondering the Mercedes Me app still sucks. It's giving me the wrong location today. I noticed that there is now a Mercedes Connect app for 2019 + Vehicles... that has a 4/5 rating in the app store vs. 1/5 for Mercedes Me. You'd think they'd just upgrade everyone to Mercedes Connect to avoid posts like this. SUCK!!!
2019 + vehicles use a different service provider (AT&T now and Verizon previously) and I assume the hardware is different as well. Perhaps the reason for a different app.
There were so many complaints about remote start issues with the Mercedes Me App, I'd like to think this will be a fix for future models. Too bad for us though...

My experience: My 2016 C450 works every time through the Mercedes Me app. There has been a couple times that the app said my remote start did not work, but the car was running. It starts in under two minutes and usually less than a minute. Seems the service has gotten a little better than 2 years ago.
Old 12-23-2018, 09:35 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
2019 C43 AMG, 2016 BMW M235xi (gone)
I've only had my 2019 for 12 hours at this point, but I am much more impressed with the new app than the previous version. I use the older version for my wife's GLA and it was adequate. There were times when I was unable to use remote start and that was annoying. The new app however does have a lot more functionality. It not only lets you lock the doors etc, but it gives you much more real time info on the car. It tells you the status of the doors - locked, open, closed - and gives you fuel level, odometer reading and more. It also has more automated features. For example, I went to the store on the way home last night and after several minutes I got a notification indicating that I had my car unlocked. I'm sure I'll find bugs as I go, but so far so good.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:41 PM

gla 250
Angry

I am late to the party, but I've had mine for a few years now (GLA 250), and the remote start worked once. Yes, one time. I follow the guidelines, I understand them. I don't know how my friend who drives a Hyundai has a fully functional remote start and I don't. I will never repurchase a Mercedes.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:37 PM

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
20 E350, 19 E300, 18 C43, 17 E250, 14 ML350 , 13 C300 , 11 C350
Originally Posted by dawnnhelene
I am late to the party, but I've had mine for a few years now (GLA 250), and the remote start worked once. Yes, one time. I follow the guidelines, I understand them. I don't know how my friend who drives a Hyundai has a fully functional remote start and I don't. I will never repurchase a Mercedes.
Agree it's very underwhelming compared to almost any other brand; however they did a major update last year when they changed the app to Mercedes Me AM which seems to "resolve" many issues customers were having. Have you tried re-downloading the app?
Old 12-04-2021, 09:31 AM

gla 250
Originally Posted by MrBane
Agree it's very underwhelming compared to almost any other brand; however they did a major update last year when they changed the app to Mercedes Me AM which seems to "resolve" many issues customers were having. Have you tried re-downloading the app?
Yes, many times. I also did an hour's worth of troubleshooting with MBrace on the phone and still no remote start. It's so frustrating.
Old 12-06-2021, 08:35 AM

Received 107 Likes on 91 Posts
2021 M550i
My app logs out every 2 days or so and I have to get another password/code through email again. does this happen to anyone else?
Old 12-06-2021, 10:27 AM

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
Originally Posted by jhpmbusa
My app logs out every 2 days or so and I have to get another password/code through email again. does this happen to anyone else?
try to uninstall and reinstall the app.​​​​​​​my blink camera app does that, i uninstall, reinstall fixed it
Old 12-06-2021, 02:26 PM

Received 359 Likes on 231 Posts
The real answer to the question "Why Does Mercedes Me Suck So Bad?" is that, in general, Mercedes' programmers seem to suck at doing any sort of web or app software. Their car-running software is generally quite good, but anything else is pretty bad. I always want to say "fast cars ... slow web sites."

As a case in point, look what happened when they re-wrote the AMG Private Forum software ... it went from being a fairly normal and quite usable forum site to something that was actually "off the air" for an extended period and, to this day, still lacks some of the most basic features that any forum has ... such as "only show me things I've not read" and "mark all read". The Track Pace app took years to get to it's current level of functionality ... and it's still pretty useless. Why didn't they just go to Harry (of Harry's Laptimer) and buy his expertise and code (he's even located in Germany).

The newer COMAND UI, like many UIs these days, is also degrading and, in some cases, is just plain dangerous. When one of our AMGs was in for a scheduled service, I had a loaner with MBUX. As just one example, I tried to set the airflow while driving and literally couldn't do it safely without pulling over. With NTG 4 and 5 versions, when you press the button to set the airflow vents (window, passenger, footwell and/or combinations), you get a reasonably sized, 2 color pop-up that is easy to decipher "at a glance" and clearly shows which vents are activated, allowing you to cycle through all the options slowly enough that you can glance back at the road in between button pushes. The MBUX version presents a multi-colored, shaded list that is has small graphics and is _very_ difficult to decipher (i.e., see which vents are activated) quickly _and_ the damned thing disappears so quickly that you need to focus your attention on that list all the time you're making your setting selection -- assuming you can even see which item is selected (or else the list disappears before you're done).

When changing a climate-control setting becomes a distraction, things are pretty bad. Of course, the same thing has been said over and over for touch-screen controls and, until recently, Mercedes always claimed that they'd "never make a touch-screen interface," presumably because they knew it wouldn't be as safe. Touch-screen controls for things you need to do while driving are _never_ going to be as safe as "no look required" tactile controls (physical buttons, switches and dials). These days, it seems that designers are doing things "because they can" and "oooo, beceause that's neat technology" ... rather than "because it makes things easier/faster/intuitive to do" -- thus the degradation of UIs in cars, appliances, electronic devices, etc.

Shame on you, Mercedes, for mindlessly following UI suit and creating UIs that are driver distracting and less safe! Shame on you, Mercedes, for not either building or hiring software teams that can create (or even re-use/adapt) well-designed, stable, feature-rich and easy to use web and application-level software in a timely manner. I can't imagine how frustrating it's going to be to have to endure one of your vehicles that employs AI-based software that thinks it's smarter than the user ... count me out unless you give me a "lobotomy button (for the car's "intelligence," in case there was any doubt)." <end of rant>

The following users liked this post:
MalibuScott (01-13-2022)